Pelchen Goes

Remove this Banner Ad

If you had any real insight into the club you'd know that all of those players would have stayed, if the decision was based on their love for the club. We we're well compensated for all of them. We got a pick twice as valuable as what we originally paid for Stanley.

But clearly your just a trolling Hack.

I think you'll find that what each of the first three cost, you were not well compensated for their loss. Stop kidding yourself!

You only used Stanley as your example of gaining value in the trade. So yes, 1 out of 4.

I think you'll find that what each of the first three cost, you were not well compensated for their loss. Stop kidding yourself!

You only used Stanley as your example of gaining value in the trade. So yes, 1 out of 4.

Stop making a fool of yourself. McEvoy Goddard DalSanto for Savage Dunstan Lee Wright Saunders Longer and Acres was fantastic value.

Stop making a fool of yourself. McEvoy Goddard DalSanto for Savage Dunstan Lee Wright Saunders Longer and Acres was fantastic value.

I'm sorry, but outside of Dunstan, who on Earth are the others? Hardly anything more than 50/50 if they're going to make it

I'm sorry, but outside of Dunstan, who on Earth are the others? Hardly anything more than 50/50 if they're going to make it

I will bite as your post is ignorant at best. Longer is very promising number one ruck that averaged 25+ hit outs a game. Savage had a great end to the season and is a proven player at 23. Lee had a solid first season then had two shoulder recos in the 2013 pre season while Wright looked fantastic before injury and will improve. Acres will be the best of the lot while Saunders has shown glimpses but yes he maybe 50/50.

I always thought Pelchen was very overrated.

He lived off the Franklin, Roughead & Lewis draft for a long time (not even really sure his level of involvement in their selection as he only came on board around that time), even though he blew several high draft picks at Hawthorn. This was the man responsible for picking, Ellis over Pendlebury, Dowler over anyone, Thorp over Selwood.

Was glad when he left Hawthorn. Wright has him well covered.

I used Stanley as an example because I'm at work and dont have much time. But let's have a quick look at the others.

Goddard gave us pick 13 which we used to get Tom Lee and pick 24, which got us Nathan Wright. Jury is still out on Lee but Wright had been impressive.the result of losing Goddard was also that we didnt have to pay a high salery for him, when we aint anywhere near finals.
Dal Santo wasnt straight forward, but essentially North gave us Delaney In return for letting him go as a FA. Delaney is our first genuine, capable full back for years. Gold.

Mcevoy netted us Savage, pick 18 and brought our pick 24 forward to 19. With these we got Dunstan, who won a rising star in round 1. Future star. We got Blake Acres with 19 who also looks good.

Out of those 3 the only one that is marginal is the Goddard one. But give where we are ill take it.

But thats all besides the point, as you original comment was that the players couldn't wait to get out of the place. Which is not true.

You wont win this argument.

So you gave up two gun midfielders and one quality AFL ruck for this lot. :(

Savage - not up to it
Dunstan - Too little and slow, will only ever be a fringe player in a top side
Lee - who?
Longer - Not great
Acres - unproven but too early to make any call on him being ordinary imo

It seems like a bit of a waste getting rid of Pelchin now, if they were going to move on him they really at to do it last year at the front end of their rebuild. Instability destroys clubs and St Kilda has had a terrible couple of seasons in this respect.

So you gave up two gun midfielders and one quality AFL ruck for this lot. :(

Savage - not up to it
Dunstan - Too little and slow, will only ever be a fringe player in a top side
Lee - who?
Longer - Not great
Acres - unproven but too early to make any call on him being ordinary imo

Poor poor troll attempt.

Market value:
McEvoy - ~Pick 15ish
Goddard - top 5 pick
Dal Santo - top 5 pick

If GWS was willing to give pick 4 and steak knives for Griffen, then Goddard and Dal Santo easily command that.

Savage - late 3rd round
Dunstan - top 5 pick
Lee - Essentially worthless, late 4th
Wright - IMO he hasnt improved on the pick 24 value he was drafted at. 3rd round
Saunders - He is ok, worth what he was drafted at ie early 3rd
Longer - big men take time so pick 15.
Acres - too young to judge so pick 19.

i.e. its obvious Saints did poorly and the board has recognized that.

I always thought Pelchen was very overrated.

He lived off the Franklin, Roughead & Lewis draft for a long time (not even really sure his level of involvement in their selection as he only came on board around that time), even though he blew several high draft picks at Hawthorn. This was the man responsible for picking, Ellis over Pendlebury, Dowler over anyone, Thorp over Selwood.

Was glad when he left Hawthorn. Wright has him well covered.

Agreed.

Came on board the year after Franklin, Roughhead and Lewis. Buckenara and Judge are more responsible for Hawthorn's premiership success.

Market value:
McEvoy - ~Pick 15ish
Goddard - top 5 pick
Dal Santo - top 5 pick

If GWS was willing to give pick 4 and steak knives for Griffen, then Goddard and Dal Santo easily command that.

Savage - late 3rd round
Dunstan - top 5 pick
Lee - Essentially worthless, late 4th
Wright - IMO he hasnt improved on the pick 24 value he was drafted at. 3rd round
Saunders - He is ok, worth what he was drafted at ie early 3rd
Longer - big men take time so pick 15.
Acres - too young to judge so pick 19.

i.e. its obvious Saints did poorly and the board has recognized that.

Thank god your not a List Manager. If you gave up a top 5 Pick for DalSanto at 29 and Goddard at 28 you'd be run out of town. Also McEvoy for Savage Dunstan and Acres equals fantastic value alone.

So even in your ridiculous evaluations we got Top 5 (Dunstan) plus Acres and Savage for McEvoy. Also got Top 15 (Longer) and a ready made Full Back for Dal Santo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best give it away while you're only 10 goals down Adam. Otherwise you're going to get done by 25 goals. Schaderbrau has demolished your feeble arguments with well thought out and researched facts. Something you're totally unacquainted with.

Please dont insult me with your blinding bias. Dunstan slow and to small. Hilarious!!!!!! Savage not up to it. GOLD!!!!! Longer not Great!!! Stop it Im splitting at the side.:)

Please dont insult me with your blinding bias. Dunstan slow and to small. Hilarious!!!!!! Savage not up to it. GOLD!!!!! Longer not Great!!! Stop it Im splitting at the side.:)
A drowning man desperately clutching at straws. You are getting increasingly hysterical. Best give it away now and retain what little vestiges of credibility you have remaining.

LOL at those suggesting that Savage is "not up to it", or worth only a "late 3rd rounder". :D

I take it they didn't see or hear how he was going for us after his switch to half back just after the middle part of the year, after struggling initially in a midfield role? For the next 6 weeks he averaged 25 possies and 5.5 marks per game and was incredibly damaging with his run, carry, evasiveness and kicking off half back and was easily getting to the stage where teams would have to look at putting someone on him in a defensive role, such was the damage he was doing, breaking the lines and then hitting forward targets with his long and penetrating kicking. If he keeps that up from now on he'd easily be worth a top 25 pick.

Getting him and Dunstan (and the upgraded pick that got us Acres- who we were so impressed with we've just given a 4 year contract to) is looking like a hell of a good return for McEvoy, especially since we got the similarly talented and younger Billy Longer much more cheaply a week later.

A drowning man desperately clutching at straws. You are getting increasingly hysterical. Best give it away now and retain what little vestiges of credibility you have remaining.

Please just jumping on the back of posts of a poorly researched troll makes you look foolish. Like I posted he is miles off the mark.

Thank god your not a List Manager. If you gave up a top 5 Pick for DalSanto at 29 and Goddard at 28 you'd be run out of town. Also McEvoy for Savage Dunstan and Acres equals fantastic value alone.

So even in your ridiculous evaluations we got Top 5 (Dunstan) plus Acres and Savage for McEvoy. Also got Top 15 (Longer) and a ready made Full Back for Dal Santo.
how did griffen who is 29 next year, with less accolades than the above get an offer for pick 4 and 25?

unless you claim to know more than list managers that actually employed in the market.

how did griffen who is 29 next year, with less accolades than the above get an offer for pick 4 and 25?

unless you claim to know more than list managers that actually employed in the market.

Contracted captain of the club compared to an un contracted free agent. Yeah no difference at all.

The worry for St. Kilda is Finnis is taking direct orders from AFLHQ.

Plus, the big and unique thing with Griffen was the he actually wanted to go and play for GWS and they are a club that will happily pay "overs" for someone like him, as they have found it so hard to get really elite older talent like him to be willing to play for them.

Most on the D&T board last year agreed that Dal Santo was worth about a low 20's type pick on the open market. They would have laughed hysterically at the suggestion of a top 5 pick.

Restricted free agent, you can easily play hardball and match any offers to force trades.

Both were happy to stay and we were happy to help them get were they wanted. Unlike Griffen who wanted out of the place as soon as possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back