FTA-TV Person of Interest

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree but the only character I see as indispensable is Harold. As much as I love Root, Reese and Fusco the show would go on if they were killed off.

I meant kind of I could see Root dying protecting the machine. I could see Harold in a position where he and the machine both 'die' together. John finally finds love and moves on with his life. Fusco continues policing. I don't think you can have the show without Harold and Reese tbh. They're the originals.

Don't click the link unless you've seen the ep!

Someone online spotted this. Bottom left of the four tv screens is the hint.

Looks like Elias may have survived

Wasn't a hit and run though was it. Attempted escape from custody. Dominic shot in the head. Elias shot in the heart.

Wasn't a hit and run though was it. Attempted escape from custody. Dominic shot in the head. Elias shot in the heart.
Possibly - I'm happy to believe it counts as a hit and run though.

Just on Elias though, the fact that Plageman and Nolan won't confirm his death here, whilst explicitly stating Dominic is dead suggests to me he has very possibly survived. I really doubt we'll see much of him next season but it's not a bad idea to have him up your sleeve for the future.

I'd say that's correct. Its ratings have been about on a par with other CBS shows that have been cancelled. A 13 episode order is just enough to get it over the magic 100 episode mark for syndication.

Unless PoI becomes incredibly popular early in season 5, it's almost certainly a goner.

I'd say that's correct. Its ratings have been about on a par with other CBS shows that have been cancelled. A 13 episode order is just enough to get it over the magic 100 episode mark for syndication.

Unless PoI becomes incredibly popular early in season 5, it's almost certainly a goner.

It'd have to do unthinkably high numbers to be any chance. Even then I don't see how because Nolan and co will have already written the ending they've had in mind since the beginning.

Only way I can see it hanging on is if they're confident of going to another channel post season 5. Not impossible but unlikely

I think its getting added to US Netflix mid year, so hopefully that increases some of its popularity
Has always surprised me that this show isnt talked about in higher esteem. It has something like 6/20 episodes ranked in IMDB's list of highest rated episodes (most of any show)

The way the plot has worked hasn't been that conducive to popularity, I think. It started out as a pretty standard case-of-the-week procedural, then gradually unfolded this really complex overarching story,

A lot of people who'd be interested in the latter would have been turned off by the way it started, and the complicated nature of the plot makes it difficult to jump into the middle of things.

Definitely think it will be a success on Netflix, but possibly too little too late in terms of saving the show.

At least this order gives the showrunners a pretty definitive end-date and a chance to tie things up. Possibly better than if they'd had to write a full season 5 under a cloud about whether they'd get a season 6.

Should be a ripper 13 episodes.

Last edited:
If it is the end I hope they can get Sarah Shahi back for it. IIRC she was planning to return for season 6.
There is always the possibility that season 5 will be a late starter to accommodate this.

The more I think about it, the more I think 13 episodes will be very rushed. It'll be a fantastic season no doubt - I'll just end up thinking I've been short changed at the end of it.

13 episodes is like 10 hours of television. That's longer than the original Star Wars trilogy runs for.

It should be plenty of times to wrap things up if they pace things correctly.

13 episodes is like 10 hours of television. That's longer than the original Star Wars trilogy runs for.

It should be plenty of times to wrap things up if they pace things correctly.
Any show should be able to wrap things up in 13 episodes so it's not rushed per se, but I don't think this was meant to be the end game. I think there are other ideas the writers had for future seasons that won't see the light of day now. That's what i mean by rushed.

Still let's be positive - it's not confirmed that this is the end yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://tvline.com/2015/05/05/person-of-interest-season-5-spoilers-machine-rebuilt/

TVLINE | Turning to the finale’s many deaths and possible deaths: Dominic?
PLAGEMAN | Yeah, he’s gone.

TVLINE | Elias, though, seemed to be hanging on by a thread….
PLAGEMAN | We can neither confirm nor deny.

TVLINE | Grice?
PLAGEMAN | Yeah, he is pretty dead. But his partner is still alive somewhere out there — presumably pissed off!

TVLINE | And Martine was obviously quite dead.
PLAGEMAN | Martine is sadly extra-dead. When Root kills someone, it’s not a sort of “Eh,” ambiguous situation. You’re just dead.
Sounds like Elias is back.

Reduced season means it will probably start as a midseason replacement for something that gets cancelled. That means January.

My favourite one that I saw (don't know how many there have been) was
The Millionaire guy that gave Harold the Watch in Season 2
Yeah it'll be good to see him back. It'd be awesome if the guy from the 911 responder ep found his way into the story. To me him and the English 007 type guy are two pretty good open ends they could call back to

Remove this Banner Ad

Back