FTA-TV Person of Interest

Remove this Banner Ad

This show is great And the premise/concept of the show allows it to have an extremely varied/broad Episode base (meanining you will probably never see two episodes with the same base concept or outcome etc....

And the show is well explained early on i like most other people probably thought a machine that can tell when people will be involved in a crime would be a sci fi show but it is not a sci fi show in any way shape or form(and fyi i have nothing against sci fi shows).

This show has alot of potential as opposed to other crime/procedural shows which are all the same with a twist every maybe 10 episodes then back to normal.

Where as i feel this show could almost produce a twist at with every episode and i almost feel that we will discover more about both of the main characters with every episode as opposed to every couple of episodes with other shows.

I really wish shows did a 2-hour pilot. The networks probably don't allow it though.

I really wish shows did a 2-hour pilot. The networks probably don't allow it though.

Alot of shows do but the catch is that they make 2 40 something minute episodes depending on the show so then you have an hour and 20 minutes and 40 minutes of whatever tv show it is and another 30-40 minutes of ads.

On another note i just watched episode 3 very solid episode i wont give anything away but the episode it self was probably the best so far and there is a major story starting to develop and new stories starting to unravell this show is getting better week by week.

the shows arc is what will determine it for me, the black chick is pret-tty pret-tty s**t but vital to the show, so im a little worried

Caviezel and ben linus are good

Caviezel is playing the Keanu reeves matrix role, no emotion personality or character guy, which i kinda like

the shows arc is what will determine it for me
Given the way the plot device of the name is fairly restricted - not a massive attack and limited time - they can't really build a many episode story around that. I'm enjoying the show, but it's the sort of show that shouldn't go beyond one or two seasons, or it'd be flogging a dead horse. At least until it becomes too repetitive I should enjoy it.

This show has revived jim caviezels career i was certain he was gone after he starred in the preaching churchy pile of shizen film jesus christ superstar it was terribble it combined the worst of both worlds it was churchy and a musical you cant get much lower than that.

Anyway welcome back to the real world jim caviezel its good to have you back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have never seen an episode of 24 so can't respond to previous comments about Jack Bauer.

Just started 1x05 and it seems like the producers like to paint someone early as a victim then there's a twist eg. the supposed victim is the killer. I really hope they don't get into the habit of this because it's already getting a bit predictable. It's ok sometimes to have a victim that is actually a victim. You don't need to try new ways to fool the viewer every week. Just tell a good story.

Without being outstanding I've really enjoyed the show thus far. This is coming from a Lost fan but I'd love to see some flashbacks from both characters lives :D.

Looks like we might finally have a running storyline with Elias

I still reckon that Detective Carter's name will show up on the list one episode

Episode 7 was great I picked the cop straight away but was blind sided by the ending didnt see that one coming.

Im waiting for an episode where he cant save someone and what happens with the aftermath of him not being able to save the victim.

I mean look at the reaction when he found out that he actually saved the bad guy he was livid imagine his reaction if he couldnt save an innocent person.

Looks like we might finally have a running storyline with Elias

I think so too. Enrico Colantoni is a great actor and I love watching anything he's in. ANd I'd love to see Paige Turco "You have my number" from 01x06 come back. Such a MILF.

Small point from the episode. Hadn't noticed before that John's phone is an iPhone 4. That would have to be one of the worst phones for his line of work, for any active line of work. The glass shell is atrocious. I assume he would want a smartphone, so that rules out a small Nokia. He should probably get a SGS2.

And if anyone missed it, POI will be getting a full 22 episodes for Season 1.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Person_of_Interest_(TV_series)#Reception

According to CBS, Person of Interest received the highest test ratings of any drama pilot in 15 years, what one CBS executive called "crazy broad appeal you don't usually see." The ratings prompted CBS to move CSI, which had occupied that slot for over 10 years, to Wednesday 10/9c to make room for Person of Interest.

The pilot episode won its time slot, drawing 13.2 million viewers.

19th highest rating show last week in the US, 6 of the shows above it were sport. So it makes sense that it is the 13th most watched show this season. Doing a bit of filtering, it is the 5th best rating hour-long drama behind NCIS, NCIS: LA, The Mentalist and Criminal Minds. POI is winning its timeslot, but CBS owns Thursday nights :
http://www.zap2it.com/tv/ratings/zap-weekly-ratings,0,7508066.htmlstory
http://www.zap2it.com/tv/ratings/zap-season-ratings,0,1937498.htmlstory

I'm liking it so far. My worry initially was that it would become too predictable so far that hasn't been the case.

I'm liking it so far. My worry initially was that it would become too predictable so far that hasn't been the case.
This
I had thought early on that there wasnt much to vary on the format of

1. Find Number
2. Watch Person
3. Find Threat
4. Possible twist where Number is a killer
5. Solve problem

But there appears to be some solid storylines going on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back