News Peter Jackson appointed CEO until end 2015 - extended to 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter Spargo is interim.

Depends on which one:

1. Former Bombers Cheese - ok sure that sounds ok, can't be the worst person to come from Essendon to Melbourne (beating some stiff competition with Moorcroft or Heffernan).
2. Suitmaker - surely we'd look sharper, hopefully iron out any wrinkles.
3. Cigarette Packet - would hopefully make others choke and they'd suck on it.

Depends on which one:

1. Former Bombers Cheese - ok sure that sounds ok, can't be the worst person to come from Essendon to Melbourne (beating some stiff competition with Moorcroft or Heffernan).
2. Suitmaker - surely we'd look sharper, hopefully iron out any wrinkles.
3. Cigarette Packet - would hopefully make others choke and they'd suck on it.
Knowing the MFC my money is on the one that made the Lord of the rings films

Not a bad thing, he can turn Neelds speechs in to somthing Churchill would be proud of.

Not sure if it would be a good move for you TBH.

Jackson is one of those stiffs who runs a football club like a business, with his aim being to turn a profit each year at any cost. I'll reference you to Jackson selling us out to Etihad, no upgrading of the Windy Hill facilities to the point that they are currently the worst in the AFL as well as not investing in the football department.

He's a bloke who wants immediate profits without realising investing in the football department is what truly brings long term profitability.

Till the end of the year.

A fresh set of eyes to assess the situation and help us appoint a CEO - nothing wrong with that, he won't really get clearance to make any big decisions I'd wager.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jackson is one of those stiffs who runs a football club like a business, with his aim being to turn a profit each year at any cost. I'll reference you to Jackson selling us out to Etihad, no upgrading of the Windy Hill facilities to the point that they are currently the worst in the AFL as well as not investing in the football department.

He's a bloke who wants immediate profits without realising investing in the football department is what truly brings long term profitability.
Selling us out? What a prick to secure the future of the club.
He did upgrade Windy Hill, problem was Windy Hill is as good as its going to get without expanding.
Non-investing is a cop out. We sucked because of poor recruiting, coaching and list management. Spending big on the spuds we had would've resulted in more expensive potato chips.

Good get for Melbourne.

Selling us out? What a prick to secure the future of the club.
He did upgrade Windy Hill, problem was Windy Hill is as good as its going to get without expanding.
Non-investing is a cop out. We sucked because of poor recruiting, coaching and list management. Spending big on the spuds we had would've resulted in more expensive potato chips.

Good get for Melbourne.
Well at least he won't need to adapt too much to the new surroundings.

Hey he sounds like Schwab... Sorta like Neeld sounded like Bailey,

Jackson is one of those stiffs who runs a football club like a business.
As an interim CEO that might not be a bad thing. Focus on what he needs to do for the time being from a financial point of view & not get involved anywhere else.

"The Board is the first to acknowledge that today the Club as a whole, both on and off the field, has not met the goals we set 4 years ago."

lol...

At least the club have the balls to admit that we aren't anywhere near where we planned to be 4 years ago. There is no spin, just acknowledgment.

Sounds like a good get for us, as TPM mentioned it's a fresh set of eyes from someone who is totally outside the club. No appointment will ever be perfect but from what I can see he has truck loads of experience to bring with him to the club.

At least the club have the balls to admit that we aren't anywhere near where we planned to be 4 years ago. There is no spin, just acknowledgment.

Sounds like a good get for us, as TPM mentioned it's a fresh set of eyes from someone who is totally outside the club. No appointment will ever be perfect but from what I can see he has truck loads of experience to bring with him to the club.

So the club admitted it at a time when it had to sack its CEO, all other big players are on notice, and after the President had sent out letters to members talking about the great position the club was in?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back