Review Dees v Swans: the Good, Bad & Fugly with a plea to Pickett to return

Remove this Banner Ad

I get what youre saying here but im not going that hard on him just yet, Goody said he had a sore back all week and he wasn't sure he'd even play. He gets another chance from me after looking good enough in round 1 and round 2. Once Gawn is back he could be in trouble however.
I'd give him a rest if that's the case. He's had 2 good games and a stinker. He's no good playing less than 90% fit, we saw that last year. Flick some magnets around and once he's fresher look to bring him back (if there's room)

I'd give him a rest if that's the case. He's had 2 good games and a stinker. He's no good playing less than 90% fit, we saw that last year. Flick some magnets around and once he's fresher look to bring him back (if there's room)

Id be fine with that. More so im just giving him an excuse for this week. Backs are no joke, even minor strains/soreness can * up your movement significantly.

How bad are the highlights by the AFL, dont show goals, show the fans what they came here for , dissent 50's and other assorted free kicks as highlights. * me drunk. Cut the free kick stuff out and show the set shots going thru the big sticks you idiots.

How bad are the highlights by the AFL, dont show goals, show the fans what they came here for , dissent 50's and other assorted free kicks as highlights. * me drunk. Cut the free kick stuff out and show the set shots going thru the big sticks you idiots.

Should call it Somelights , awfully put together .

I'm sure a few hours on a plane will fix his back(Sarc) . Maybe rest him v West Coast .

That kick by May to Fritsch going inside 50

May belting Buddy with the spoil at centre half back.

That tackle of Warner on the wing.

images

Good to have the friend of french restaurants everywhere back.

Good: Everyone has pretty much covered it all but how good was the Lever spray on Brayshaw for being lazy for not going with Buddy. It wasn't just a stock standard spray but he was full on giving it to him and quite animated. Loved that he was calling it out because it's a part of Brayshaw's game that he needs to work on. Fantastic leadership by Lever.

Fugly: This sort of links in with my leadership comment on Lever. But Viney was absolutely awful yesterday. This guy was our acting captain yesterday and he just completely butchered the footy everytime we had momentum moving forward. He's such a liability in our midfield set.

Not only that but does anyone think he's chewing up valuable midfield away from Sparrow? I was hard on Sparrow last year but the small exposure he's had in the midfield this year he's looked far more dangerous and dynamic then last year and I felt that when he started in there in the 3rd he generated some clearances and really got us going. Sparrow is part of the future moving and I think the coaching staff need to strongly consider a transition where Viney is slowly phased out of the midfield set up for Sparrow moving forward.

Before reviewing anything, just watching Goody's presser and first thing out of his mouth was "that was fun" ...it most certainly was. Today was what footy should be. Being concerned about keeping the opposition score down and playing veterans for the sake of it isn't what footy is about and won't bring the fans to the game. The excitement around JVR's debut , having Jones down in the rooms pre match presenting the jumper was obvious. Much like in round 1 with Chandler and McVee playing, new blood gets everyone up and about, the excitement is infectious, footy is supposed to be fun. The more goals you kick the more fun you have and vice versa. Loved the day at the G, loved it
Might’ve completely imagined this but i think before round 1, I think it was Lever (??) That basically admitted that a lot of the wins weren't that fun last year. He said something like because even though we were winning, we just weren't kicking that many goals - and kicking goals and celebrating with the boys is good for them and the fans. It's simple but it's true.

And the Swannies still got 84 points, but our defenders were still damn good for the most part imo, we just played differently and it just a good game of footy

Last edited:
Might’ve completely imagined this but i think before round 1, I think it was Lever (??) That basically admitted that a lot of the wins weren't that fun last year. He said something like because even though we were winning, we just weren't kicking that many goals - and kicking goals and celebrating with the boys is good for them and the fans. It's simple but it's true.

And the Swannies still got 81 points, but but our defenders were still damn good for the most part imo, we just played differently and it just a good game of footy

Yeah it was Lever and 100% agree. Keeping the opposition below 70 doesnt put bums on seats and isn't fun. Just like the Pies, they look like they are having a blast out there coz they move the ball quick and try to kick goals, nothing gets the crowd up and about like goals and in turn the players feed off that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fugly:

BT taking the opportunity to pot Melbourne members for a crowd size of nearly 43,000

Richmond v Collingwood got over 80,000 on a Friday night. Good for them. But am I the only person to realise that Tigs and Pies combined have virtually twice the members of Sydney and Melbourne combined?

So we play a Sunday 3:20 match against an interstate team and it’s apparently the Melbourne members fault for not selling the place out. Enough already. It’s already bad enough that we have Caro and Topkent sharing a couch somewhere in Canada thin-lipped and composing the next hatchet job for Footy Classified

How good is a big fat WIN at the footy? Really starts the week off the right way!

Come at me but I reckon Petracca is getting real close to hitting some beautiful form, will click sooner than later. Disposal is the issue I think, his work otherwise is pretty good, he's getting the ball and swatting players away nicely.

So many huge moments. May's kick to Fritsch, his tackle, Oliver's steal, Few of Spargo's goals I loved.

Have to go back to 2008 for the last time Swans copped a margin like that in the home and away. They don't get belted, and we belted them. Good feelings!!

I get what youre saying here but im not going that hard on him just yet, Goody said he had a sore back all week and he wasn't sure he'd even play. He gets another chance from me after looking good enough in round 1 and round 2. Once Gawn is back he could be in trouble however.
He's never been competitive in the air though and to me it was no coincidence we looked as good we have in ages with Petty and JVR going for absolutely everything then tackling when hit the ground. I don't care if Brown could kick 30 he doesn't improve our overall team.

Fugly:

BT taking the opportunity to pot Melbourne members for a crowd size of nearly 43,000

Richmond v Collingwood got over 80,000 on a Friday night. Good for them. But am I the only person to realise that Tigs and Pies combined have virtually twice the members of Sydney and Melbourne combined?

So we play a Sunday 3:20 match against an interstate team and it’s apparently the Melbourne members fault for not selling the place out. Enough already. It’s already bad enough that we have Caro and Topkent sharing a couch somewhere in Canada thin-lipped and composing the next hatchet job for Footy Classified
There was some sort of car race on as well .

He's never been competitive in the air though and to me it was no coincidence we looked as good we have in ages with Petty and JVR going for absolutely everything then tackling when hit the ground. I don't care if Brown could kick 30 he doesn't improve our overall team.

I wouldn't use him in that roll. That's what Petty and JVR are for. Brown can still effective on the lead and is a quality finisher. I agree he's on borrowed time however.

some of Petracca’s kicks to advantage inside 50 were beautiful.

Really? I saw one to Petty and a tone of garbage going inside 50. Haven't seen a replay yet so maybe I missed a few.

I wouldn't use him in that roll. That's what Petty and JVR are for. Brown can still effective on the lead and is a quality finisher. I agree he's on borrowed time however.
Yup, whenever he makes a lead and someone has to go with him, ideally this makes a little extra space for Rooyeah to jump on people's heads.
Got a fair (vegetable-powered) tank on him too, I feel he's pretty good at helping out a lot around the ground.

Fugly:

Haha 43 is pretty good for grand prix weekend actually

Last edited:
Yup, whenever he makes a lead and someone has to go with him, ideally this makes a little extra space for Rooyeah to jump on people's heads.
Got a fair (vegetable-powered) tank on him too, I feel he's pretty good at helping out a lot around the ground.

We've been using him completely wrong since we got him, hes never been a contested marking type, always looked best when guys are drilling in passes low to him on the lead with space inside 50, not launching it on his head.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back