Peter Wright contact with Harry Cunningham: Pleads Guilty and Receives 4 Week Suspension

How long will Peter be in the sin bin?

• 0 weeks

Votes: 33 13.9%
  • 1 week

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • 2 weeks

Votes: 22 9.2%
  • 3 weeks

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • 4 weeks

Votes: 76 31.9%
  • 5 weeks

Votes: 26 10.9%
  • 6+ weeks

Votes: 22 9.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There was zero chance of him ever getting more than 4 😉
Why not? SPP had 4, and the tribunal even acknowledged there were mitigating circumstances for his. Wright's bump clearly does more wrong than Powell-Pepper so obviously should've gotten a worse suspension.

Well obvious to anyone outside the AFL's media bubble thats changed their mind about long suspensions for collisions that cause concussions because big Melbourne clubs are getting affected.
The lesson learnt is to at least try to ******* contest the ball. Jesus Christ what's wrong with you guys?
Its Essendon, they wouldn't know how to contest the ball. They get told they need to be hard so they start with cheap shots when the ball isn't in play.

the lesson learned is that wright should not brace, he should have ran through Cunningham and destroyed him in the process, had he he wouldn't have had a case to answer for. basically what FIGJAM said on the couch.

I am not sure how you train for it, nor teach a player how to override human instact, but in reality, that's what he should have done.
Are you saying Wright was protecting Cunningham in knocking him out? I was told he was bracing for himself, but Cunningham should be thanking him for knocking him out!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not? SPP had 4, and the tribunal even acknowledged there were mitigating circumstances for his. Wright's bump clearly does more wrong than Powell-Pepper so obviously should've gotten a worse suspension.

Well obvious to anyone outside the AFL's media bubble thats changed their mind about long suspensions for collisions that cause concussions because big Melbourne clubs are getting affected.

Its Essendon, they wouldn't know how to contest the ball. They get told they need to be hard so they start with cheap shots when the ball isn't in play.

It deserved more than 4, I agree, but the AFL fixture limited their options to 4 weeks.

Looks like AFL are going the gutless trial by social media route, always going to get bigger sanctions that way
Would appeal on principle alone. You just know that when a media darling does something like this later in the season they will find a way to weasel them out of it. Bombers lawyers too honest need to recruit some that will lie through their teeth like other teams use
Maybe the Essendon lawyers needed the 'Edge' talk before the hearing? maybe laying a coat-hanger or elbow at a witness or tribunal member might have helped. Good idea

I'm still not 100% sure where I stand on it. It looks like his eyes are only for the ball, but he jumps and turns which is always going to have you in strife.

If he doesn't turn, I think he should have been okay.

I do think we are in general just month by month season by season creeping closer to a very watered down version of AFL and we'll see less and less nig physical contests in the game.

To me we are one concussion away from having the high mark suspendable once someone inevitably gets concussed from a knee to the back of the head one day.

I'm still not 100% sure where I stand on it. It looks like his eyes are only for the ball, but he jumps and turns which is always going to have you in strife.

If he doesn't turn, I think he should have been okay.

I do think we are in general just month by month season by season creeping closer to a very watered down version of AFL and we'll see less and less nig physical contests in the game.

To me we are one concussion away from having the high mark suspendable once someone inevitably gets concussed from a knee to the back of the head one day.
Was in trouble once Cunningham was concussed.
I think even if he went in with the breadbasket arms for the chest mark he'd still get done.
Catches him high, causes the head to hit the ground.
The 4 surprised me over the 3. But it's the tribunal.
2 years ago you were cleared to win a Brownlow for that.

Back