Peter Wright vs Brodie Grundy

Who would you take

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree - What has he shown that he a Dud?

I have no idea how people can even think that
He's no good. He's easily sucked in by sledging/wrestling and gives away free kicks, he lumbers around the ground with no apparent purpose for the most part, and he provides almost nothing aside from his physical presence and the occasional mark and goal. I don't buy the development line, either. He doesn't have the right attitude.

I'd take Witts before Grundy. Witts shows courage, works to create opportunities for his teammates, bothers to influence the contest, and to cap it off, he doesn't get drawn into petty squabbles with the opposition.

He's no good. He's easily sucked in by sledging/wrestling and gives away free kicks, he lumbers around the ground with no apparent purpose for the most part, and he provides almost nothing aside from his physical presence and the occasional mark and goal. I don't buy the development line, either. He doesn't have the right attitude.

I'd take Witts before Grundy. Witts shows courage, works to create opportunities for his teammates, bothers to influence the contest, and to cap it off, he doesn't get drawn into petty squabbles with the opposition.

He is a Young Tall. Not all Young Talls have Great Endurance. I like he has some Aggression. He is learning the Mental Side of the Game.

Wright easily.

Grundy is a dick, not long now before he has a run in with Bucks and asked to be traded, then it will be a case of only runs one way, was a negative influence on the playing group....

and How do you know this? You are not part of the Inner Sanctum at Collingwood:rolleyes:

Ill agree with that, though i know Grundy is working ALOT on his tank in the off-season i think he need to turn his anger onto the ball and not the player, he does though have a big leap on him and if he can get his timing right i cannot see him losing many centre bounces, towards the end of the season i think he and witts just started to click and started taking the big marks if you see rounds 21,22,23 you will see that and also taking a mark in the forward line with cloke gone due to injury

Ill agree with that, though i know Grundy is working ALOT on his tank in the off-season i think he need to turn his anger onto the ball and not the player, he does though have a big leap on him and if he can get his timing right i cannot see him losing many centre bounces, towards the end of the season i think he and witts just started to click and started taking the big marks if you see rounds 21,22,23 you will see that and also taking a mark in the forward line with cloke gone due to injury

We played our Best with Both Witts and Grundy in the Same Team

He is a Young Tall. Not all Young Talls have Great Endurance. I like he has some Aggression. He is learning the Mental Side of the Game.
My issue isn't with his endurance, it's with his attitude. He channels any aggression he has into moronic disputes with opposition players, and he doesn't work hard enough from the first bounce.

I have no doubt that he'll be better, as all players progress with time in the system, but as it stands, it's laziness and poor application that are preventing him from having a greater influence. Yeah, he is only young, but if he doesn't change his attitude, the same problems will plague him in 5-6 years.
No none at all, it's purely based on your time machine you have in the backyard, get a brain.
Oh, boo hoo. Tall poppy syndrome, right? Wrong. I attend all Collingwood MCG games with a Pies-mad family member, and I've enjoyed watching the progression of a few of the guys - Jamie Elliott is my favourite non-Bulldog in the AFL.

That doesn't mean I won't be critical of Collingwood players. Just as I don't hold back on Bulldogs players. Get over it.
I agree wholeheartedly.

Grundy is a dick, not long now before he has a run in with Bucks and asked to be traded, then it will be a case of only runs one way, was a negative influence on the playing group....

It already happened last year...

526309_10151562023810009_336420351_n.jpg

;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And according to you no Collingwood player is any good... That old chestnut.
Incorrect again.

I'm not sure why you're getting defensive over a few negative opinions.

He'll never amount to anything, he's average...it's as simple as that. That pony tail and barge arse walking style is merely the icing on the cake.

Well in the VFL Game he played against you. He Destroyed Tom Bellchambers.

Name any 20 year old Ruckman that has played 20 or more games.

Shows how Little you know
Great he can beat a bloke with a debilitating ankle injury!

Too easy:
McIntosh
Leuenberger
Stanley
Kreuzer
Z.Smith
Jamar
Hale
Ryder
Vickery
K.Tippett
Natanui
And that's just the blokes still on senior lists.

The irony of that last sentence :D

Also, has there been a sudden spate of 19/20-year-old ruckmen dominating the league that I somehow missed? I'd like to know what others expect of second year ruckman to label Grundy "rubbish".
Wouldn't say rubbish, but his mental lapses and lack of fitness don't really help his cause. Nothing that can't be fixed though.

Stupid poll.
But you can spot people who don't have a high football IQ judging a tall player on 2 years of work.
Either way, Peter Wright is a poorman's Darcy Moore :)

I'd say Grundy for the Tigers, Wright being more of a forward than ruck which we've already got a few of in Vickery, Griffiths and McBean. Grundy would sew up our stocks for a while.

Great he can beat a bloke with a debilitating ankle injury!

Too easy:
McIntosh
Leuenberger
Stanley
Kreuzer
Z.Smith
Jamar
Hale
Ryder
Vickery
K.Tippett
Natanui
And that's just the blokes still on senior lists.

The irony of that last sentence :D

Ages at the time of their 20th AFL game:

Brodie Grundy - 20 years, 124 days
Hamish McIntosh - 22 years, 216 days
Matthew Leuenberger - 20 years, 294 days
Rhys Stanley - 21 years, 268 days (part time ruck)
Matthew Kreuzer - 19 years, 111 days (part time ruck in his early days)
Zac Smith - 21 years, 194 days
Mark Jamar - 21 years, 334 days
David Hale - 20 years, 343 days
Patrick Ryder - 19 years, 86 days (part time ruck in his early days)
Tyrone Vickery - 20 years, 20 days (part time ruck)
Kurt Tippett - 21 years, 324 days (part time ruck)
Nic Naitanui - 20 years, 26 days

Wow, beaten to 20 games by four guys who were top 10 draft picks. Grundy really must be terrible, and struggling to get a game in comparison :rolleyes:

Maybe actually research your claims and make sure you're right before cockily shooting them off, eh?

s**t argument, what quality rucks at Collingwood is he competing for a game with? A 50yo retired 10 times Hudson and another kid.

Please name these 19/20 year old ruckmen that are taking league by storm in comparison.

Back