Phillip Walsh heads home to South Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

102oxuh.png

Does anybody else think there are way too many coaches involved with modern day footy clubs?

Head coach, line coaches, 'strategy and innovation' coach etc...

Good news this. What have we been paying him for lately? To tell the boys the strategy is to avoid the corridor at all costs?

Does anybody else think there are way too many coaches involved with modern day footy clubs?

Head coach, line coaches, 'strategy and innovation' coach etc...

Good news this. What have we been paying him for lately? To tell the boys the strategy is to avoid the corridor at all costs?
Not even close to NFL/gridiron levels, though that is a far more technical and tactically sophisticated game.

What I dont understand and maybe some of you more learned types could clear this up .

If Woosha is responsible for the team review,whos reviewing him?
What if they decide to bring in a new coach?
What then happens to the review?
Is Nisbett's performance also been reviewed ?
why isn't Woosha been told to just let another person do the review ???
Some how I think he will still be there next year, so will Nisbett, Jobs for the boys forever it seems.

What I dont understand and maybe some of you more learned types could clear this up .

Some how I think he will still be there next year, so will Nisbett, Jobs for the boys forever it seems.

And the other question why contract a coach beyond playing season? Seem to recall Woosha's contracted until October.

Appointments should only be made up to and including the last game.

Walsh is the only bloke who had a clue, he was responsible for the success in 2011 and 2012 when Woosha finally listened to him.

Yep, so it begins, Woosha lays blame on the assistants and hands in another one of his get out jail free cards.

I'm really started to get sick of this boys club down there, if Woosha keeps his job after an external review I will be sick.

The recruitment team needs the boot too, lets have an external review of their performance over the last 5 years, they clearly havent evolved with the game...

You are the weakest link John, time to go mate, the timing is perfect.

Walsh is the only bloke who had a clue, he was responsible for the success in 2011 and 2012 when Woosha finally listened to him.

Yep, so it begins, Woosha lays blame on the assistants and hands in another one of his get out jail free cards.

I'm really started to get sick of this boys club down there, if Woosha keeps his job after an external review I will be sick.

The recruitment team needs the boot too, lets have an external review of their performance over the last 5 years, they clearly havent evolved with the game...

It's so hard to know what the problem is and who is to blame. But I think you might be right, everything is pointing towards Woosh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well said

Football clubs are basically like any business. The review happens by the board and they are governed by a set of rules outlining their responsibilities

In effect, it is the board that runs the club, but put football people in charge of the football department.

If the board thought that Nisbett was not performing his duties, then they can move to get rid of him.

Resigned?

Or pushed?

I'd say it's started.

Wasn't it only a month ago that it was a high priority to get his signature again? Maybe they misunderstood , we must get him to resign? :D

"Strategy & Innovation"

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bye bye

If Woosha doesn't like Phil Walsh's ideas, he can simply overrule him and not implement them. (See Woosha and Burns' argument as to midfield set-up, as an example.) To put what WC dished up this year solely at Phil Walsh's feet isn't right. The buck stops with Worsfold.

hopefully woosh clears them all out before he gets cleared out himself

When Woosha's job as coach comes under threat, a shifting of the deck chairs is implemented to make it look like real change is occurring. With coaches and players getting their marching orders, it, on the surface, looks like the much needed change is being implemented, but still, the one constant who has the authority to override the decisions of his minions remains - Worsfold. Without a change in head coach, these changes won't make much of a difference at all. It'll be business as usual, ie the same ol', same ol' shite that many take issue with under the Worsfold regime.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back