leroyeagle

Team Captain
Sep 5, 2007
West
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Football Club
Strategy & Innovation Coach Phillip Walsh has resigned today from his position with WCE. Is this the first of the exodus from the club?

Strategy & Innovation Coach Phillip Walsh has resigned today from his position with WCE. Is this the first of the exodus from the club?

We have been hearing this one for some time in SA, potentially coming to us is the rumour doing the rounds.

We are also hearing strongly that he isn't the only one leaving, ranging from him and burns to the whole lot of assistants being cleaned out.

Interesting times.

That's not good news. He implimented the forward press here didnt he? We seem to have lost our work rate to play that style of game this year but maybe the club conceded that we couldn't win a premiership with that style of play. One thing we know is that we are Shizen with the style of play we had this year.
I wonder who we are planning on getting in to replace him?

Strategy is something we seemed to lack this year along with a crap midfield. Bye bye strategy coach. Bye bye midfield coach

Resigned?

Or pushed?

I'd say it's started.

So the clean out begins... I'm somewhat concerned that we'll be able to get quality staff, esp with other teams like Bris and Melbs restructuring their departments. One can only hope for the best

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yea I think he is in the picture. Either support staff or assistant. Just an opinion

Im very very okay with this. WHilst he may not have been the problem with our on field woes, this is showing we are cleaning out the deadwood assistants in this club. VERY interesting times ahead.

SLightly off topic: Does anyone know where I can find information of the positions of all the West Coast assistants? Like who is in charge of what exactly?

All the assistants and support staff should walk out, they are going to be sacked anyway as they will again have to shoulder the blame for Woosha. Next 5 guys please.

So much this & correct me if I am wrong but we do seem to turn over our assistants fairly regularly. I must admit I do wonder if Worsfold is a 'my way or the highway' type coach.

Now I know the head coach calls the final shot - but hell, assistant coaches are chosen on merit, have played the game at the highest level and were selected for a range of skills.

Sometimes the bus doesn't go in the right direction because the driver doesn't know where to go. It isn't the mechanic, detailer, tyre changer's fault.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back