Toast Pick #19: Welcome to Carlton Blaine Boekhorst

Remove this Banner Ad

So is he a Carlton supporter or not? Sounds like he might be (including that outburst as evidence, in fact that makes it even more likely to be honest)
According to his grandfather, he is an Eagles supporter

"Always followed them closely" suggests to me he wasn't an actual Carlton supporter but more of a general AFL fan. In fact a quick stalk of his social media confirms this.

Nah, I am not sure... reckon he might be

Looks pretty slick, hopefully he is not a pure outside player as all player need to be able to compete adequately when it's their time to go. Kicking, speed and evasive skills look pretty sharp. Hopefully he turns out alright.

This Laverde character was overlooked 19 times. He was even overlooked by the club that took him.

Maybe all the people who get paid to do this know something we don't?

Dodoro just follows the journalists' phantom drafts, hence his excitement.

Ignore the draft pick number for a moment and watch Blaine's 3 minute highlight reel (assuming we all have already done so). The kid can play, at a rapid pace too.

Happy to have Blaine at the club, even if it a little earlier than we expected. Not going to judge him off a highlights video (though it does look encouraging), but what I do like is that he seems to be a real footy fan/nut. Hopefully his enthusiasm for the game transfers into his own training and playing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blaine's tweet has even a story on the front page of the AFL website! :D

He's deleted it now but yep, front page of afl.com.au

blainetweet.jpg

Although La Verde was rated highly on Bigfooty it's clear he wasn't by the real experts. It's like last year. Rogers doesn't pick 'most hyped available' but who he genuinely believes will have most chance to succeed in the AFL... and at Carlton.

I for one am pleased we got him. Can potentially impact the best 22 within the next 12 months and create that lightening speed and agility we lack so much.

You were saying Dramoth :D

Who do I believe Aph... the kids grandfather who I have known for nearly 30 years who told me he was an Eagles supporter... or a kid who has just been drafted by a club that he bagged out earlier on in the year?

You tell me who to believe?

How does his grandpa pronounce his surname, thanks.

Burke-Horse-t?
Well... I have been pronouncing it as 'Bookhorst' for almost 30 years :)

Or I just call Jerry by his nickname of 'Supatrucker' :D

Who do I believe Aph... the kids grandfather who I have known for nearly 30 years who told me he was an Eagles supporter... or a kid who has just been drafted by a club that he bagged out earlier on in the year?

You tell me who to believe?

No different to posters on here when we are losing :D

#sakcMick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back