News Riley Bonner departs for St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

My pick for the rising star next year with a similar role to Adam Saad this year, except with a Stuart Dew/Trent Mckenzie left foot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My pick for the rising star next year with a similar role to Adam Saad this year, except with a Stuart Dew/Trent Mckenzie left foot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that'll be a bit of a stretch. Think he'll struggle to debut in year 1. Still very lightly framed. But will be a good contributor for the Maggies straight away.

I think that'll be a bit of a stretch. Think he'll struggle to debut in year 1. Still very lightly framed. But will be a good contributor for the Maggies straight away.
He might earn himself a game or three sometime in 2016, but he's certainly not going to be playing enough of the season to make an impact on the votes, especially when you look at some of the other guys who got recruited.

To think that he'll displace Jasper or "Darts" Broadbent is a big stretch. Or Krak.
You forgot to say "or O'Shea"

He used to go to Sacred Heart in the year below for like 3 years I think. An old primary school friend of mine is "best friends" with him and so I'd actually seen a lot of him on my Facebook feed over the years. In fact it was this friend that informed everyone that Riley had been drafted before I even checked the draft picks.

So congratulations to him and I hope he does great. The video packages look promising and I hope he can deliver.

Yeah look mate all I'm getting from your post is 'lock for the next 5 brownlows'

To be honest as long as he makes it more competitive for a spot in the 22 he's done his job as a pick. Looking forward to it nonetheless!

Thought!

Riley Bonner = new Jarrad Schofield?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nickname should be Bonzaaaaaaaaa

Number 26 for Riley Bonner

No26bonner_620_620X370.jpg

RILEY BONNER will wear the No. 26 in his first season with Port Adelaide, taking over the guernsey vacated by Andrew Moore at the end of 2015.
It’s a number that’s been worn in more than 100 games by old Port Adelaide heroes Bruce Light, Greg Anderson and Richard Foster.

Do you think giving him a lower number compared to our draftees in recent years means anything towards the amount of game time the club is going to give him? Ollie Wines I believe would be our most recent draftee who got a low number at 16 straight off the bat and look how far he's come. Am I grasping at straws??

I think wearing a high number for your whole career is much less of a big deal than it used to be, so players are less inclined to move down than in the 90s

Like Platten and Rehn doing it was an total oddity. Now its just a thing.

Do you think giving him a lower number compared to our draftees in recent years means anything towards the amount of game time the club is going to give him? Ollie Wines I believe would be our most recent draftee who got a low number at 16 straight off the bat and look how far he's come. Am I grasping at straws??
I'd say so...I mean someone had to take 26 haha

I think wearing a high number for your whole career is much less of a big deal than it used to be, so players are less inclined to move down than in the 90s

Like Platten and Rehn doing it was an total oddity. Now its just a thing.
Blokes set their whole social media profiles around their number these days, so thay are reluctant to change because of that as well.

Impey #24

Players get to pick their numbers to a degree. Dixon and Toumpas would have got first dibs so I assume they took 22 and 18. Then it goes by the order the players were drafted in. So Johnson will probably take either 31 or 34.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back