Toast Pick #63: Welcome to Carlton Jayden Foster

Remove this Banner Ad

McKenzie is a good kid but with some issues that would be noted in interviews only Richmond saw fit to put him on a senior list locked in for two years.

Personally hope he can flourish because Warren and the family seem like a great bunch but he's got a long road ahead of him to deal with the rigours of being a professional footballer in the spotlight that is Melbourne.

McKenzie is a good kid but with some issues that would be noted in interviews only Richmond saw fit to put him on a senior list locked in for two years.

Personally hope he can flourish because Warren and the family seem like a great bunch but he's got a long road ahead of him to deal with the rigours of being a professional footballer in the spotlight that is Melbourne.
Agree but he was still worth the punt I think.

I think we'll regret avoiding him.

Good luck to Jayden, it is fairly obvious I wanted him at the dogs as a rookie, or I wouldn't have been trawling this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of unnecessary complaining about moderating creeping in lately. If posters use the questions and suggestions thread, they might get an answer that others will find useful down the track.

Welcome big 'Fozzie Bear' :)

Hopefully the club will play him in the seniors in the NAB Challenge Pre Season tournament.

Would be happy for him to have Waite's old number 30, or even if the number his old man wore at Footscray is available:)

Welcome big 'Fozzie Bear' :)

Hopefully the club will play him in the seniors in the NAB Challenge Pre Season tournament.

Would be happy for him to have Waite's old number 30, or even if the number his old man wore at Footscray is available:)

Ahh yes that would be perfect............

o_O:cry::cry:

In a sense, I'm disappointed we didn't take a chance on Foster, but the club had thoroughly done it's research and determined that we were better off looking elsewhere (and I'm inclined to agree), so I'll back their judgement. I'm very happy with the boys we've got, and wish Jayden all the best in navy blue. Hopefully he's a late bloomer, like his Dad.

Is there any chance Nick Graham vacates the #32 locker so Foster can wear his old man's number? Peter also wore 28 during his short stint at Fitzroy, but even given the height difference I don't like his chances if he challenges Chesty Bond for the #28.

In a sense, I'm disappointed we didn't take a chance on Foster, but the club had thoroughly done it's research and determined that we were better off looking elsewhere (and I'm inclined to agree), so I'll back their judgement. I'm very happy with the boys we've got, and wish Jayden all the best in navy blue. Hopefully he's a late bloomer, like his Dad.

Is there any chance Nick Graham vacates the #32 locker so Foster can wear his old man's number? Peter also wore 28 during his short stint at Fitzroy, but even given the height difference I don't like his chances if he challenges Chesty Bond for the #28.

The number might be an issue if he went to the Dogs. I'd dare say he wouldn't care given it is a different club. Even at Carlton, Lance Whitnall wore a different number to father Graeme, Dylan Buckley wears a different number to father Jim, Luke Blackwell wore a different number to father Wayne. They seem to want to stand alone.

Even if we take Silvagni's elder son who is available next year I believe, I don't see Walker being asked to give up the #1 guernsey.

The number might be an issue if he went to the Dogs. I'd dare say he wouldn't care given it is a different club. Even at Carlton, Lance Whitnall wore a different number to father Graeme, Dylan Buckley wears a different number to father Jim, Luke Blackwell wore a different number to father Wayne. They seem to want to stand alone.

Even if we take Silvagni's elder son who is available next year I believe, I don't see Walker being asked to give up the #1 guernsey.
Ben or Tom will take it ;)

That's true. I suppose it's a nice touch if the number is vacant and no shuffling around has to be done, but they do like to carve out their own legacy, regardless. Tom Liberatore chose #21 as opposed to Tony's #39, and Mitch Wallis chose #3 rather than Stephen's #24. Even the great Ted Whitten's son wore #22, rather than his old man's famous #3.

At the end of the day, it's probably not something they think about too often. I don't know about Carlton, but more recently, the Dogs have abandoned the practice of making players earn high numbers - Marcus Bontempelli wears 4, Stringer 9, and so on.

I probably read too much into it. :p It's a nice aspect of footy culture, though.

Ben or Tom will take it ;)

Maybe they will all refuse because they can't all take it. How do you decide which one carries on the legacy?

Maybe Jack can take 11 when we offload Warnock. The one coming through when 1AW retires gets 1 and the other one can be the first player to wear 111 for the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back