Pick #7

Remove this Banner Ad

is chris judd available?

Seriously though, I just want someone thats gonnna be a superstar of the competition. A midfielder or CHF would be nice. I dont want them to go for someone thats just an athlete without a football brain

who about NO ONE!!! and we just use the lowest pick we've had in a while in the actual draft!!

however i would use #7 on jeff white :)

richard douglas from the calder cannons

watching the vic metro championships and several TAC games i really think he would be the ideal fit for us. Still fairly small but extremely courageous, quick and amazingly strong overhead. I have a very good feeling. you can read his profile on footydraft.com

wizardofoz18 said:
who about NO ONE!!! and we just use the lowest pick we've had in a while in the actual draft!!

I think that is what he meant when he said who would you like us to take.
Which I interpreted to mean, who should we draft with pick 7. Not who should we trade it for.

And when he said do you think he will contribute much in 2006, I took that to mean, do you think he will be a ready made player or will he need a year or two of development.

So to answer the question, I'd like to see us get Dowler, providing he is the best available. Similar size and build to Andrew Lee (about 195cm). Can play both ends, but has played mostly forward. I reckon he'd play about half a dozen games next season.

I think you'll find another thread on this though.

As good as Ryan O'Keefe is, he doesn't fill a need.
He's a forward and a very good one. But we don't need one at this time. Especially since we are already drafting one.

If we were going to give it away, it would have to be for a midfielder or a tall defender. Even then, I'd rather keep it.

wipeoff5 love the way you think... richard douglas is a very good player n i would love 2 see him in an essendon jumper:D will b a champion player! get him early or we miss out

How about Ian Callinan from the Tassie Devils- beautiful mover and the best kick I have ever seen. About 4 foot nothing, but hey we don't need him to take hangers.

I agree with the idea of taking the best available player. I just hope it happens to be a midfielder. Our midfield is so far behind everyone else's, it's not funny.

King Kamehameha said:
I agree with the idea of taking the best available player. I just hope it happens to be a midfielder. Our midfield is so far behind everyone else's, it's not funny.
Inexperienced and young maybe, but I wouldn't be too harsh on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a big wrap of Spangher as a Fletcher replacement in 2-3 years time.. He'd probably be available til pick 15-20 but as we dont have 23 anymore, pick 7 might be our only hope...

bomberbluey said:
I'm a big wrap of Spangher as a Fletcher replacement in 2-3 years time.. He'd probably be available til pick 15-20 but as we dont have 23 anymore, pick 7 might be our only hope...

We have Pick 19.

We need a midfielder and a key backman. It might be in our best interests to take a midfielder with the first pick, because there are no stand out key backs that would be worthy of a top 7 pick. Then we could snare a key back like Spangher at pick 19.

Jimmy Gwilt said:
we will get nathan jones and that is final you heard it here first
No we wont. Beau Dowler from Oakleigh Chargers, i will put money on it. Not sure bout pick 19 though. Depends who is still around as it is hard to predict with this even draft

Just a gut feeling and nothing else but i wouldnt be surprised if sheeds pushed Dodoro into picking up Oakley-Nicholls with our first pick. A tall pacy aboriginal kid that has sheedy written all over him. Somebody like paul bower would be available for our second pick and if we get desperate for talls then somebody like jon anthony will be around come the arse end of the draft.

Stan. said:
There must be another shane harvey out there somewhere for ya.

Or perhaps even a Danny Roach, Bo Nixon (how is Nick Davis going), or maybe even a Richie Cole (Dal Santo anyone?) floating around.

Flog!

Is Billy Morrison nominating for the draft? Maybe we can take him with our first pick. We could do with a Jonathan Brown type.

rodlaver said:
How about Ian Callinan from the Tassie Devils- beautiful mover and the best kick I have ever seen. About 4 foot nothing, but hey we don't need him to take hangers.

Its late at night and i probably shouldn't have had that last glass of wine because for a split second I actually misread this comment in my mind as:

"How about Ian Collins from the Telstra Dome"..... nearly fell off my chair before i realised what a fool i'd been.

Anyway back on the topic, I think we should use Pick 7 (assuming we still have it) on the best player available regardless of his position. I want the player who will perform best for the next 10 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back