Picola & District Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I call things as I see them no matter the club
Your frivolous comments about others during and post season , including blaming others for things not happening as you believe they should , is childish and gutless and has tarnished your reputation .
Furthermore , your opinion on some things are along way for reality .

Just calling things as I see them .

How are things in the PDL?
Going alright I think, a bit quieter then other years but a few clubs have landed some reasonable recruits. Waaia might start off slow but I think they’ll be the ones to beat.
Heard something about a possible shortage of umpires? Hopefully they can gain some traction as the season starts.
Anyone know if any clubs are suspecting they won’t be fielding a particular side this year?

Going alright I think, a bit quieter then other years but a few clubs have landed some reasonable recruits. Waaia might start off slow but I think they’ll be the ones to beat.
Heard something about a possible shortage of umpires? Hopefully they can gain some traction as the season starts.
Anyone know if any clubs are suspecting they won’t be fielding a particular side this year?

Drove past Mathoura last night at about 7pm, approx 25 training in high 30degrees. Not a bad sign

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Are Berrigan struggling? Seen an ad in the country news Urgent Call to action, needing seniors/reserves and U17 players.
Can’t be good so close to the start of the season.

Are Berrigan struggling? Seen an ad in the country news Urgent Call to action, needing seniors/reserves and U17 players.
Can’t be good so close to the start of the season.
I believe that is the case ,, big time.. remember they had to ajorn their AGM due to a lack of participants putting their hand up to fulfil the match comittee ,,, etc etc ..
Is quite unreal considering Berrigan is the most populated town in the comp behind Toc ,, yes plenty of players come from the district farms etc etc ,, but why is the club going thru this when neighbouring towns be it Finley, Toc and Jerilderie dont appear to be so

I believe that is the case ,, big time.. remember they had to ajorn their AGM due to a lack of participants putting their hand up to fulfil the match comittee ,,, etc etc ..
Is quite unreal considering Berrigan is the most populated town in the comp behind Toc ,, yes plenty of players come from the district farms etc etc ,, but why is the club going thru this when neighbouring towns be it Finley, Toc and Jerilderie dont appear to be so
They’ve had a few very talented kids go off and do well when playing at other comps . Eg Yelland , Gorman to name a couple . Unfortunately it serves as encouragement for others to try the same , whilst for to long the club has probably had some ex juniors coming in and out of the club from year to year and being destructive during their time at the club .
They had a very strong u14 side and maybe they’ve decided they wish to change the culture that these kids come into .
In regards to the re-holding of the AGM the club , my understanding is the club wanted new people within the committee to drive new direction and the club now has the largest committee it’s had for some time .
Clubs often just keep doing what is common and at times they need to make change for the long term betterment which comes with short term pain .

They’ve had a few very talented kids go off and do well when playing at other comps . Eg Yelland , Gorman to name a couple . Unfortunately it serves as encouragement for others to try the same , whilst for to long the club has probably had some ex juniors coming in and out of the club from year to year and being destructive during their time at the club .
They had a very strong u14 side and maybe they’ve decided they wish to change the culture that these kids come into .
In regards to the re-holding of the AGM the club , my understanding is the club wanted new people within the committee to drive new direction and the club now has the largest committee it’s had for some time .
Clubs often just keep doing what is common and at times they need to make change for the long term betterment which comes with short term pain .
yes I hear what you are saying but surely the tocs, Jerildreies etc are / have been going thru the same challenges,,,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes I hear what you are saying but surely the tocs, Jerildreies etc are / have been going thru the same challenges,,,
So I am in awe of the clubs that do ok with really not even a Township or very small one such as Blighty, Rennie, Katunga, Waaii etc etc,,

So I am in awe of the clubs that do ok with really not even a Township or very small one such as Blighty, Rennie, Katunga, Waaii etc etc,,
Every club faces a differing challenge whether it be their location to other towns being too great or the lingering affect from past years of farming hardship through the dry period , which ultimately means many farmers are encouraging their kids to go work off the farm or at least firstly go get a formal education ( uni ).
The affect of not playing during covid affected so many clubs so differently , some have rebounded quickly others haven’t . Interestingly the remote rural communities who were seemingly less affected have appeared to have struggled to rebound as quickly .
Berrigan and Jerilderie playing off in the u14’s grand final last year , Toc winning the flag the year before gives indication that there is younger players coming through in those communities .

Every club faces a differing challenge whether it be their location to other towns being too great or the lingering affect from past years of farming hardship through the dry period , which ultimately means many farmers are encouraging their kids to go work off the farm or at least firstly go get a formal education ( uni ).
The affect of not playing during covid affected so many clubs so differently , some have rebounded quickly others haven’t . Interestingly the remote rural communities who were seemingly less affected have appeared to have struggled to rebound as quickly .
Berrigan and Jerilderie playing off in the u14’s grand final last year , Toc winning the flag the year before gives indication that there is younger players coming through in those communities .
I feel the difference between the NSW & Vic senior teams is only growing.
NSW teams have been going great at junior level and always have.
But the senior grades always seem to find it hard to draw players in.
Only 1 top 4 finish from a NSW team in the past 5 seasons.

I feel the difference between the NSW & Vic senior teams is only growing.
NSW teams have been going great at junior level and always have.
But the senior grades always seem to find it hard to draw players in.
Only 1 top 4 finish from a NSW team in the past 5 seasons.
I see on FB Berrigan have a last chance meeting for their 3rds tomorrow evening. An interesting part of the post was incentives and renumeration to be discussed at the meeting..
So where does that leave the 3rds comp, how many clubs won't be fielding 3rds this year

I see on FB Berrigan have a last chance meeting for their 3rds tomorrow evening. An interesting part of the post was incentives and renumeration to be discussed at the meeting..
So where does that leave the 3rds comp, how many clubs won't be fielding 3rds this year
From memory Blighty had the same posted on FB for their thirds

Berrigan to have a thirds side and at least 14 of the 15 clubs to have thirds is the most likely scenario .

Berrigan to have a thirds side and at least 14 of the 15 clubs to have thirds is the most likely scenario .
That's a good result of it happens, nothing worse than the possibility of missing footy for 2 weeks in a row. Also good to see blightys numbers have improved so much they can put 2 teams in to all grades for round 5

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240315-060850.png
    Screenshot_20240315-060850.png
    95.1 KB · Views: 102
Very good news, teams have forged ahead with 8 thirds in the past with a top up from 4ths and opposing team. Opposition usually pretty understanding and happy to get a game going.

How about ressies, most clubs lists looking okay?

Very good news, teams have forged ahead with 8 thirds in the past with a top up from 4ths and opposing team. Opposition usually pretty understanding and happy to get a game going.

I did hear yarroweyah had about 30 1s&2s but not sure how accurate that might be.

Would envisage full compliment (15) of senior , reserves and u14 teams .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back