Senior Player contract status list

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting. Maybe he specified that when he nominated

Distinctly possible.

Either way it would suggest he will remain with us for one more year at least.

Scared the crap out of me DB. Re-sign yes not resign !

touche.....

I see what I did there...

effen autocorrect....

Heart back in thoracic cavity...:p

GO Catters

Is Trent West still out of contract?
I know he was poised to sign late in July, but I cannot recall him signing a new contract.

PREMIERSHIP ruckman Trent West is poised to sign a new contract that will keep him at Geelong until the end of 2014.
West is expected to ink a two-year deal by the end of the week, shutting the door on Greater Western Sydney's plans to lure the big man north.
His manager Anthony McConville yesterday confirmed the 36-gamer's signature was imminent.

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2012/07/23/338981_gfc.html

Pure , Ive seen several article recently that mentioned OS was hoping to sign for another year. He must be OOC

We had confusion on that.

An article with him earlier in the year said he had a year to run but it now seems that is not the case.

UPDATED august 2012

i'll try to keep this list updated - let me know if any of these are wrong

Reckon this could do with an update for Stringer and Byrnes and the retirees, if you've got the time.

Edit: I see you already got the retirees. Just stringer and Byrnes then, as we don't have a contract date for Caddy yet.

Reckon this could do with an update for Stringer and Byrnes and the retirees, if you've got the time.

Edit: I see you already got the retirees. Just stringer and Byrnes then, as we don't have a contract date for Caddy yet.
Pure_Ownage has been updating lately, he's just away for a few days so he'll do it when he gets back.

Anyone know who Harry's manager is?
Also, how long is he contracted for?
Whatever the term is... Not long enough!!!

Go catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was listening to SEN on the way home from work and Balmey was asked about Harry Taylor and talk of WCE making a play for him to return to WA. He just shrugged it off saying that when contracts are up for renewal there will always be speculation about player movement. He then mentioned that there was talk Mitch Brown of WCE is rumored to want to return to Victoria, or something to that effect. Maybe he was just firing a shot back. He then said "you never know, Harry Taylor might play at Geelong forever".

Brown made it clear at the time that he liked the Eagles but wanted to return home to Victoria and, through his manager Liam Pickering, told the club he would come home this year at the end of his contract.
Frustrated at being unable to do the deal at the time, the Saints remained confident they would secure Brown this year.
Taylor has had no discussions of that nature with the Cats or West Coast.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/ripple-effect-if-top-cat-wants-out-20130411-2hol7.html

Good news on Smedts.

I've updated the OP, I've also made it a bit more user friendly, as in every player out of contract is now listed in red, so it's a bit easier to identify who is and who isn't.

Also-there are rumours over on Cat Scan that Walker has a three year contract, but we won't include that in this list until if and when there's some sort of article confirming that.

I hope that's right, otherwise we look pretty open to raiding, by the look of that list.

Not really.

While we have I think we have almost 25 on that list OOC, the six rookies are OOC every year, so you can discount them. It's also policy that the over 30's only get 1 year deals so they are OOC every year.

Take those groups out and you only have about a dozen, or about a quarter of the list OOC, which is pretty standard across the afl.

The OOC list wouldn't look as bad if Taylor's name wasn't on it.

Not really.

While we have I think we have almost 25 on that list OOC, the six rookies are OOC every year, so you can discount them. It's also policy that the over 30's only get 1 year deals so they are OOC every year.

Take those groups out and you only have about a dozen, or about a quarter of the list OOC, which is pretty standard across the afl.

The OOC list wouldn't look as bad if Taylor's name wasn't on it.
Thanks for that PO. Feeling a little better.
I did wonder how it compared to other clubs' lists.

I do however, find it intriguiging that all the AFL player contract end dates are not public knowledge.
I am quite used to the European soccer scene where everybody knows exactly how long players are signed-up for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back