Review Player Ratings Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Pyke was woeful how does he get a 6

Franklin gets a good mark

Kennedy a pass, goodes maybe and grundy maybe

The rest were rubbish

Reid was as pathetic as usual, jetta was dismal.

P!ss off Reid was pathetic, he's the icing on the cake. I know I've said it a lot in other threads buts WTF is it with this swingman sh!t. It's not a position it's a fraze made up to say he's a KP utility with which he ain't. Goodes maybe is garbage! He's not there to play 4 quarters of possession footy, he's there to put a few quick killer punches with which he did try n do. Kennedy had f$&k all help. N anyone playin in defense had no chance against that onslaught. Pyke needs help around the ground he's done a rippa job considering he's a 2nd ruck playing as a 1st ruck. Most of the midfield was the problem today n if you have been involved in any type of high level sport you know you can't go back n fix how you f$&ked up. There is no 2nd chance. Even if by the grace of god we win it next year it will never fix what happened today.

I thought our midfield was non existent, in the rucks hawks players was first at the ball but the taps was 50/50 or slightly in our flavour but somehow didn't get the ball

Buddy was great
Goodes tried his best
Tippett, I thought really tried his hardest but his disposals was poor but at least he tried.

Franklin played very well considering how the midfield went. 5 marks, all contested, all inside 50.

Backline was poor but there was no midfield pressure to help out at all.

Midfield was dreadful, insipid, and we probably couldn't beat anyone with that effort.
Everyone said the game was going to be won in the midfield and we all agreed but no-one quite had this in mind.

if i never saw lewis jetta in red and white again i would not be upset at all

I feel like I am going to be the only backing him - but over and over again this season he did the hard yards and yet one bad performance where every midfielder and running half back was utterly tripe and yet it is all jettas fault ? How does this even work ?

I feel like I am going to be the only backing him - but over and over again this season he did the hard yards and yet one bad performance where every midfielder and running half back was utterly tripe and yet it is all jettas fault ? How does this even work ?

He could have tried to lay a tackle. I know it isn't what he likes to do but still!

Just goes to show how bad a performance it was when every one played s**t and he still stands out as our worst midfielder. I dont give a * how well he played during the season (i thought he was ok), if you can't stand up in finals then i don't want you. Look at goodesy, was useless all year but time and time again stands up in the big games, there the players i want, big game players like hodge and Burgoyne, not downhill skiers like jetts.

I'm sure i'll calm down in a few days and reevaluate my position but right now * lewis jetta

He could have tried to lay a tackle. I know it isn't what he likes to do but still!

I said on the other thread the same thing. His tackling on the day was very ordinary.

But it remains the game plan. Collingwood under malthouse, clarkson and hawthorn have got the weapons and game plan to beat us. Super quick half forward flankers to pressure from behind the ball. We always hand pass backwards to space to free up a man. They just sat on that. If you have the time go back and watch the very first holding the ball against jpk in the first quarter. He gets the ball looks backwards to release and there are three hawks sitting within a hand pass of huge contest and he is stuffed. No options and tackled.

Absent that plan we rely on the long kick up,the line as the get out. That worked to some extent but because we were getting done in the clearances we had to mark it because forcing it out wasn't enough.

I will go
Franklin 7
Kennedy 6
Goodes 6
Tippett 5
Malceski 5

The rest less than 5 in no order

Smith 4
Richards. 4
Grundy 4
Rampe 2
Rohan 3
Mcveigh 1
Jack 1
Hannerbery 2
Jetta -10
Reid 1
Shaw 1
Pyke 2
Lloyd 3
Parker 2
Bird 4- what more could do
Cunningham 2
Mcglynn 1

Even his best games are lazy, and yesterday was a terribly lazy team effort and he is the chief of lazy i guess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets be realistic here apart from Franklin, to a degree Pyke who battled hard (not a first ruck though), Grundy, Mal...the rest were all a less than 5 score.

Goodes was a pass for mine, maybe tippett i dunno

Im not rewatching to check :p

Goodes was a pass for mine, maybe tippett i dunno

Im not rewatching to check :p

Goodes I forgot, good call. That said I have no idea why we didn't TRY Goodes in the centre for half a quarter. I know he can't do it all day, I know. Tippett, disagree, presented but fluffed marks, kicked straight to Hawthorn and kicked a grand total of 1 goal.

I actually said that during the game, even for 5 mins

Just to break it up. Swap McGlynn and Goodes. No point Goodes and Franklin and Tippett being in the forward line if the ball doesn't get there. As a midfielder Goodes will take a good defensive mid out at the very least!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back