List Mgmt. Player re-signings

Remove this Banner Ad

For a rookie who was in his last year, even getting a seniors contract at all is a big win.

I'm actually quite bullish about Minch's chances, actually. I reckon he's a very talented young player, and by next year, he'll probably get a 2-3 year contract, and at least be in the best 25.

'Future Fest' XVIII (as of 19 September)...

FB: Wright - ***** - Shenton
HB: Webster - ***** - Newnes
RK: Pierce - Dunstan - *****
CR: Saunders - Minchington - Acres
HF: [Billings] - ***** - [Markworth]
FF: ***** - White - Templeton

'Future Fest' XVIII (as of 19 September)...

FB: Wright - ***** - Shenton
HB: Webster - ***** - Newnes
RK: Pierce - Dunstan - *****
CR: Saunders - Minchington - Acres
HF: [Billings] - ***** - [Markworth]
FF: ***** - White - Templeton

In the guts, interesting...........

Very very happy to hear that Minch has been upgraded.

Has some genuine footy ability and talent and in particular by foot and if he continues to work as hard as I think he probably has in recent weeks then I could really see him blossoming in a the near future.

Said from pretty early on that I thought he might end up playing a Montagna type role and I still have hopes that that could be the case and like Joey he could be a slightly "late bloomer", due to how young he was wen he was drafted (very late birthday), how he'd probably never done a proper preseason when he arrived at the club (think he was playing local footy until the middle of his draft year) and how many injuries he had in his first couple of years here. It's no surprise that it's taken him this long to really start to show something on a consistent basis.

This may spell trouble for Schneids.

The fact that 4 rookies are being upgraded makes me think we def won't be trading for any players unlike the last couiple years.. and probably won't use our pre season draft pick... would have to be delisting a few more and trading a few out if we were looking to..​

The fact that 4 rookies are being upgraded makes me think we def won't be trading for any players unlike the last couiple years.. and probably won't use our pre season draft pick... would have to be delisting a few more and trading a few out if we were looking to..​

If you include Milera who is all but gone, we have 7 open spots on our list. 4 spots taken with rookie elevations and 3 picks inside 21 in the draft. But to get that third pick inside 21 we will most likely trade a player so that creates another spot. On top of that I expect a further delisting/trade or two. One being Schnieder and guys like Sippos (sorry mate you may need a name change) and Simpkin plus others I can't think of now.

When all our trade/draft/delistings is finalised I fully expect up to 10 list changes which would give us 1-3 players being traded in depending on if we take 3 or 4 players in the draft excluding rookie elevations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you include Milera who is all but gone, we have 7 open spots on our list. 4 spots taken with rookie elevations and 3 picks inside 21 in the draft. But to get that third pick inside 21 we will most likely trade a player so that creates another spot. On top of that I expect a further delisting/trade or two. One being Schnieder and guys like Sippos (sorry mate you may need a name change) and Simpkin plus others I can't think of now.

When all our trade/draft/delistings is finalised I fully expect up to 10 list changes which would give us 1-3 players being traded in depending on if we take 3 or 4 players in the draft excluding rookie elevations.

The club has said we want to use 5 picks in the draft on top of getting 3 inside 21. So we will need 9 spots in total and still need to find 2 more spots. 1 of those spots will probably be freed up by a trade for the other top 21 pick but the last one is still up in the air. I think the most likely candidates to leave the club are Schneider and Siposs but I think we will keep Simpkin for depth in our backline.

I have said it before - the big concern at the club about Minch is his engine. He is not a natural runner in the same way that Joey is and not big enough to be an inside Mid. I like the kid but he better do some serious kms this pre-season otherwise he will be gone at the end of 2015.

I have said it before - the big concern at the club about Minch is his engine. He is not a natural runner in the same way that Joey is and not big enough to be an inside Mid. I like the kid but he better do some serious kms this pre-season otherwise he will be gone at the end of 2015.

“Darren finished the season very strongly after deliberately working to improve his fitness base with our high performance staff,” Pelchen told SAINTS.com.au.

Senior coach Alan Richardson echoed Pelchen’s optimism and suggested that Minchington could find his way into the engine room.

“Darren has the potential to be a really exciting small forward and inside midfielder,” Richardson said.

the club were looking at drafting 5 players and I thought that was in the main draft not the rookie. that still means they need to find 2 more spots.

With all of the rookies being upgraded (well most of them) can we assume that a Rookie spot is a guarantee for Saad

Actually, not necessarily. We may have quite a few spots free on the senior list. I'd take him in the PSD.

With all of the rookies being upgraded (well most of them) can we assume that a Rookie spot is a guarantee for Saad
The bigger question isn't whether we can fit him on the senior list - I think we can. The bigger question is whether we want him at all. Funnily enough, that actually has to do with the last few signings in futurefest. Minch and Temps would probably play in Saad's spot.

Minch made his own path dominating the last 4 vfl games. Thats what you want from your rookies. Its was there for the taking and he took with distinction. Well done minch always been one of my faves on the borderline. Time for you to take the next step in your long successful career with the saint.

How much of that would have been to do with the fact he came to us after presumably not having ever done a preseason outside of one at his local junior footy club and then had a lot of injuries in his first couple of years with us, which would have greatly restricted his running and training here?

He may not be a natural "endurance beast", but I would hope that his tank will improve considerably with another full preseason or two under his belt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back