Player Sponsorship Player Sponsorship 2024 - Raffling off jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 1 summary email New
Good afternoon all,

I hope that you all enjoyed the win against the Hawks on Saturday!

It was a great day where the club was able to celebrate the our 84/85 Premiership team on the day.

The boys were eager to taken on a real opposition where we had found difficult conditions that they were able to overcome.

An enormous amount of work goes into trying to bank four points every week and we do all the work to give ourselves the best chance to get the outcome we want – a win. We went to work on Hawthorn’s performances at the end of last year and had a real focus on winning the ball inside the contest and full credit to our team for the performance on Saturday. We scored 61 points from stoppages (+41 differential) dominating clearance and possession led by our leaders on the inside.

To Hawthorn’s credit they were on top in different stages of the game, especially in transition where they put us under real pressure. We were pleased with the way that we bounced back to this and adjusted the game style to overcome them.

To kick more than 100 points was pleasing with multiple avenues to goal. An even spread in goalkickers showed we have firepower across the ground, and it was good to see our midfielders hit the scoreboard.

We’re trying to build flexibility through our midfield to have different levers at different stages of the game. Perkins and Caldwell really stepped up in the absence of Parish on Saturday and our midfield depth is a strength of our side this season. Our four new recruits all played their role and contributed well. Our average age across our team was 25.7 years compared to Hawthorn’s 25.3 years telling a story of youth for both teams.

It was great to see the effort plays and having a real crack to what we think is important. Setterfield chase down tackle, Caldwell chase down tackle and Stringer almost got there but applied real pressure in the middle of the ground.

The team looks forward to taking on an in from Sydney FC team this coming Saturday.

Remaining pieces of the sponsor packs will be sent out next week.

If you need anything at all in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Many thanks,

Charters Harding

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what's the latest i can opt in. dont want any merch. i got the last 2 years jumpers lol

I told Essendon Membership to GAGF until we start seeing some success, so in reality i should be telling boncer34 the same thing

what's the latest i can opt in. dont want any merch. i got the last 2 years jumpers lol

I told Essendon Membership to GAGF until we start seeing some success, so in reality i should be telling boncer34 the same thing
Whenever you want mate

Good morning all,

I hope that you all had a great weekend.

I’m sure that you all tuned in for the Saturday nights clash against the Swans in what was a tight contest with pressure coming from both sides.

We started the game quickly with the first two goals to start the game from Jade Gresham and Nik Cox, throughout the game momentum swung both ways throughout various stages of the game.

Sydney are certainly a very slick team at the moment and they play the SCG very well but to our players credit they completed and made it a hot contest.

Our contest work was very good, led from our leader Zach Merrett. winning clearance +10 and our fast start provided the perfect launch pad away from home. Sydney are elite on the half back were elite in their transition and they are as good as anyone in the competition.

A highlight for us on the night was our centre bounce work, the impact from Draper in his first game back was phenomenal. Between Draper and Goldstein they gave us great service throughout the night and played a huge role in the team getting their hands on the footy first.

Our midfield was led by Merrett all night who finished with a game high 32 possessions and two final-term goals. He is quickly becoming elite at his defensive efforts to compliment his elite all round game. Caldwell did a really good job on Heeney on arresting his influence after half-time.

Jake Kelly was a late out following illness and replaced in the selected side by Alwyn Davey Jnr. We suspect he will recover and be available for selection this weekend. Darcy Parish was ruled out on Friday morning after not feeling 100% right with his hamstring. We suspect he will train fully on Wednesday and be available for selection.

Mason Redman will be a huge inclusion this week against the Saints as we look to Easter Saturday.

Packs should be hitting your mail box in the next 1-2 weeks, please note that we have had a slight delay on the player sponsor cards arriving. Once these arrive I will have these sent out to you via post.

If you need anything at all in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Many thanks,

Charters Harding

Good evening Player Sponsors,

I hope that you all had a great weekend.

For those that travelled over to Adelaide, I hope that you all enjoyed your time at Gather Round!

It was obviously a tough game on Friday night against an outstanding Port Adeliade outfit.

We started the game in a strong and settled the game up the way we wanted in the first term, brining intense pressure around the ground. The game changed midway through the second quarter where we were strongly beaten in the contest.

It was a wake up call for the team and at the end of the day we were inside and out and this was reflected on the score board. Rozee and Horne-Francis were totally dominant in that part of the game and around the ground and deserve credit where credit is due. It wasn’t a lack of match ups that heart us, we threw everything we had at them and they were good enough to overcome this.

The boys will now go to work on how we can elevate and expect an improved effort on Friday night against the Dogs and after going down to the Cats by 4 points, the Dogs will be hungry for a response which will provide another great challenge for our group. Unfortunately, Archie Perkins will be out, after he injured his hamstring on Friday and is expected to return in a month (roughly), Ridley will also be sidelined for another 4-5 weeks, after he reinjured his quad on Saturday. In good news, we expect Durham to be back, after a week off with concession and Shiel will return in the VFL, as he fights to be fit for Anzac Day.

We should have a date for you very soon in relation to our Mid Season BBQ as well as further details for this.

If you need anything in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Many thanks,

Charters Harding

Remove this Banner Ad

Back