Playing for Bucks and the jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Good thing we have the coach signed up for another 2 years.:)

By the way, those that say we have no heart at the club;

These unrelenting injuries appear to be having an emotional as well as a physical impact on our players. As I've posted elsewhere, we the fans hate it and look to lay blame and find scapegoats. But how do you think it makes the players feel?

Buckley has had a habit of eating small lollies made of figjam. It's something that he has done for years. He used to keep the fignam treats in his shorts on gameday. Now he goes through a whole packet of them. He says that the figjam is something that he got from his father. He used to offer them to the other players when he was playing but none of them liked them.
Mate I respect your posts but unfortunately on this occasion your information is a bit wrongi
Figjam is not a lolly. Nor has he ever had figjam as a snack.
His main meals are figjam. If my information is correct he was brought up on figjam and he has three square meals of it a day.
Yeah I know maybe I am being a bit pedantic but you know how these boards are. If you go telling people that he had figjam as a snack people will believe it even if it is not actually correct. Next thing you know everyone is spreading figjam as a snack story when in actual case it is his main nutritional intake

Did I mix up the coaches press conferences? Was it Bucks saying our players are "desperately tired"? That is understandable given we've had such a young team playing for a good chunk of the year.

Now if we had the 5th oldest list in the AFL, I'd think that is was just more spin from a cagey bitter old man trying to deflect from his own ineptitude in the coaches box.

I am surprised nobody noticed the real difference today.
Nobody saw what changed in Buckleys strategy.
All you guys think you know so much but none of you see the small details
Well I am a careful observer and I did notice the small but important difference in how Buckley approached the game today
Watch the replay guys and you will see it too

Buckley wasn't munching on snakes or dried bananas or whatever it is he seems to be constantly shoving down his throat during games
Instead of being focused on snacks he was giving 100 percent of his concentration on the game.

You see it wasn't injuries or bad umpiring or poor skills and decision making that has cost us games all year
It turns out that it was those damn snakes that he gets obsessed with which causes him to lose focus on the game.

Quite understandable really. Anyone who enjoys a snake knows that trying to decide on the red one or the green one can require a lot of thought, hence leaving you with little time to consider other things.

What makes you the know all that knows everything

Good thing we have the coach signed up for another 2 years.:)

By the way, those that say we have no heart at the club;

Where was it last week vs Lions? Same Problem as last week but there was no fight like yesterday

Mate I respect your posts but unfortunately on this occasion your information is a bit wrongi
Figjam is not a lolly. Nor has he ever had figjam as a snack.
His main meals are figjam. If my information is correct he was brought up on figjam and he has three square meals of it a day.
Yeah I know maybe I am being a bit pedantic but you know how these boards are. If you go telling people that he had figjam as a snack people will believe it even if it is not actually correct. Next thing you know everyone is spreading figjam as a snack story when in actual case it is his main nutritional intake

You make a good point. I realise that my post might have led to inaccurate rumours. You are right that he lives on figjam but my uncle (on my father's side) has a close relationship with his nephew, and he says that the Buckley's have this special figjam sweets imported from overseas...which is unusual for imported snacks. Anyway, they consist of concentrated figjam....

Gotta be proud of that effort.
Hopefully that kills the rumours.
goes to show all the Buckley haters. It was our kids against GWS kids, infact we were 30 games less experienced and they were outcoached. so whatever is in those " figjam" lollies he should continue eating them.

Gee's saying they won it for Bucks is drawing a pretty long bow IMO.

How about they actually wanted to win it for themselves - also helps that they made good decisions with ball in hand through the middle and kicked goals when it actually counted.

goes to show all the Buckley haters. It was our kids against GWS kids, infact we were 30 games less experienced and they were outcoached. so whatever is in those " figjam" lollies he should continue eating them.
I agree our kids were playing a bunch of highly rated kids in essence, and they did well, but where did you get those figures? Footywire disagrees a bit but what I'd really like to see is the average draft pick that was playing for each side :drunk:

upload_2014-8-25_12-6-58.png

I spose you have to factor in that they lost a kid (or 2?) while we lost Swan, Young and Caff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree our kids were playing a bunch of highly rated kids in essence, and they did well, but where did you get those figures? Footywire disagrees a bit but what I'd really like to see is the average draft pick that was playing for each side :drunk:

View attachment 75624
oh :cry: really I must have heard it on the radio incorrectly. nice post. also like to see those stats after halftime. given we lost probably 400+ games of experience. but yes I think most would acknowledge that based on draft pick numbers. we technically should have the weaker list.

View attachment 75624

I spose you have to factor in that they lost a kid (or 2?) while we lost Swan, Young and Caff.

I really like posts like this one. It really interests me to see factual information. Keep up the good work. I'd like to see a comparison of the draft picks too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back