Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Remove this Banner Ad

Never really missed one.

Blue > Yellow > Silver > Sapphire > Emerald > FireRed > Diamond > Platinum > SoulSilver > White > Black 2 > Y > Omega Ruby.

Initially planned to get Alpha Sapphire, but my brother and I have had a system for who gets which version for over a decade, and this time around it's his turn to choose. Jerk.

Never had a problem with holding either the normal 3DS or the XL. I don't want to know how many hours of gaming I racked up on my DS lite.
We're in the same boat, brudda, in terms of coverage.

Blue + Red (one each for my sister and I when she cared about video games) --> Yellow --> Crystal (second-hand, battery gone) --> Emerald --> Leaf Green --> Platinum --> Heart Gold ---> White --> Black 2 --> Y and X --> Omega.

Mega Sharpedo will be insane.
It can speed boost for a turn or two, then mega evolve and throw a base 180 crunch around with Strong Jaw.
Tempted to predict ban.

Mega Sharpedo will be insane.
It can speed boost for a turn or two, then mega evolve and throw a base 180 crunch around with Strong Jaw.
Tempted to predict ban.
Surely not, it's UU now, will be a strong lock in OU though

It's problem is no high base power moves. Yeah Crunch is boosted by strong jaw but at only 80bp it's not the High Jump Kick of Mega Blaziken

Plus the predicted protect first turn is an easy SD, DD, Agility or Switch.

Plus it suffers from four move slot problem, yeah it gets Ice Fang, but with protect and Waterfall/EQ/Crunch pretty much essential how can it run it? And what about swords dance? (does it get swords dance?)

Also apparently Smogon is going to run an Ubers 1 and an Ubers 2, so depending on what that is, if it's just a tier above ubers or a tier between ubers and ou, if it's the latter it could maybe make it to there.

But you'd say with its really low defences and these problems, plus strong jaw won't be that effective besides crunch, it could be a struggle for it to be banned.

If Steel still resisted Dark then Ferro Rocky Helmet Iron Barbs + Power Whip would be the biggest counter in history, even still it'll be a massive check if not a full counter, would make Earthquake an essential move and I doubt it would even 3hko without some sort of boost.

I don't think Sharpedo gets swords dance, I hope it gets some new moves though with the mega. Even Poison Fang would help a lot.

Mega medichams HJK is stronger than mega blazikens.
Crunch has no chance of 50% recoil.
Crunch is only resisted by dark fighting and fairy which icefang/waterfall/aqua jet hit
neutral.
M-Sharpedo will be a beast

Last edited:
Surely not, it's UU now, will be a strong lock in OU though

It's problem is no high base power moves. Yeah Crunch is boosted by strong jaw but at only 80bp it's not the High Jump Kick of Mega Blaziken

Plus the predicted protect first turn is an easy SD, DD, Agility or Switch.

Plus it suffers from four move slot problem, yeah it gets Ice Fang, but with protect and Waterfall/EQ/Crunch pretty much essential how can it run it? And what about swords dance? (does it get swords dance?)

Crunch will be base 180 off at least 160 attack (imo), with a 20% chance to lower defence. Blaziken's HJK kick is base 195 off 160 attack with lower accuracy and the dreaded 50 loss when it misses. I'm pretty comfortable saying Crunch is the better move. I can only think of Mega Medicham's HJK and Victini's V-Create that will pack more power out of all the non banned mons, and both of those moves are way more risky.

Don't see how it has 4MSS either? Protect/Crunch/Earthquake/ Waterfall or Aqua Jet hit everything in OU for neutral except Breloom (which nails it with mach punch anyway, so ice fang doesn't really have a use there). Only reason you'd use ice fang is to hit 4x weak dragons, and even then removing earthquake isn't a huge loss anyway, crunch will hit mons that resist it for base 90 still as opposed to Earthquake's base 100.

It also resists sucker punch, bullet punch and aqua jet, so that speed becomes even more insane. Seems to me like its got everything it needs to become a ridiculous Sweeper.

Last edited:
It's getting a 100 base stat boost and it's attack of 120 and speed of 95 are already decent. Doesn't matter how fragile it is when it'll outspeed everything and hit off attack between 150-170.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rayquaza holds new knowledge on Mega Evotlutions - nothing confirmed yet but possible mega/primal
Basically new moves for Primal Groudon and Kyogre, Cliffs Blade and Origin Wave respectively

Alo Gallade stays the same type, no fighting fairy, and gets innner focus, to prevent flinching, which is such garbage that surely it means they are givign it an average ability because theyre giving it amazing stats. Surely...

Crunch will be base 180 off at least 160 attack (imo), with a 20% chance to lower defence. Blaziken's HJK kick is base 195 off 160 attack with lower accuracy and the dreaded 50 loss when it misses. I'm pretty comfortable saying Crunch is the better move. I can only think of Mega Medicham's HJK and Victini's V-Create that will pack more power out of all the non banned mons, and both of those moves are way more risky.

Don't see how it has 4MSS either? Protect/Crunch/Earthquake/ Waterfall or Aqua Jet hit everything in OU for neutral except Breloom (which nails it with mach punch anyway, so ice fang doesn't really have a use there). Only reason you'd use ice fang is to hit 4x weak dragons, and even then removing earthquake isn't a huge loss anyway, crunch will hit mons that resist it for base 90 still as opposed to Earthquake's base 100.

It also resists sucker punch, bullet punch and aqua jet, so that speed becomes even more insane. Seems to me like its got everything it needs to become a ridiculous Sweeper.
And this is why I should stay out of metagame. Because I can't think like that even if it's rudimentary.

Only if it comes in first.

But Groudon's ability makes it so much more deadly as it cancels out an entire weakness. No Aqua Jet/Scald etc.

Has a Pokemon ever been banned outright before?
I dont think so - but smogon have said theyre going to have 2 ubers tiers so you'd imagine primal groudon would be going straight there.

It will be interesting to see if Groudons super sun can overturn Kyogres super rain and vice versa

Are there any pokemon with crippling water weaknesses that will benefit from Groudons super sun?

Mega Camerupt? Sun boosted lava plumes and only one weakness

I dont think so - but smogon have said theyre going to have 2 ubers tiers so you'd imagine primal groudon would be going straight there.

It will be interesting to see if Groudons super sun can overturn Kyogres super rain and vice versa

Are there any pokemon with crippling water weaknesses that will benefit from Groudons super sun?

Mega Camerupt? Sun boosted lava plumes and only one weakness
You can't use two megas in a battle except multi battles

Rhydon/Rhyperior?

But they won't be even close to the same tier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back