Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Remove this Banner Ad

Soooo looks like the demo got data mined and all the base stats for the new megas and all the move tutor moves are now known.

Anyone who wants to spoil the metagame for themselves should check it out on smogon. Beedrill is hilarious/amazing.

Soooo looks like the demo got data mined and all the base stats for the new megas and all the move tutor moves are now known.

Anyone who wants to spoil the metagame for themselves should check it out on smogon. Beedrill is hilarious/amazing.
Beedrill is crazy, looking forward to using Pidgeot

Surely you cant run swords dance - he's too frail surely to waste that turn and he doesnt really need it?
Might be worth it if you can BP a Sub or something though. Otherwise yeah probably a waste. Would use it a bit like a Weavile to do some damage quickly without boosts mostly though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beedril supposedly gets knock off from tutors in ORAS but id probably run
Uturn
Poison Jab
Drill run (steel/poison coverage)
Protect (to ensure the speed boost)

Mega Beedril

U-Turn
Knock Off
Poison Jab
Drill Run/Fell Stinger/X Scissor

150 atk | adaptability | adamant | 252 atk

It's a scary powerful monster

Chansey 26-31% Knock Off - followed by 65-77% Poinson Jab
Clefable 95-112% Poison Jab
Mega Gardevoir OHKO Poison Jab
Diancie 49-58% Poison Jab
Mega Venusaur 50-59% Poison Jab

U-Turn will be immense 44-51% to Mega Venusaur, 18-22% to Mega Scizor, 54-64% to Garchomp, this is nothing to laugh at, I just pulled a few random pokemon out to show just how powerful this move will be. I think Beedril will be an excellent offensive pivot but may lack sweeping ability unless you run that move Fell Stinger which gives you a sword dance if you knock out a pokemon. And that is pretty situational. Lack of absolute killing power and weakness to rock and spikes means it may struggle in OU but it will be a dominant pivot/sweeper in UU and possible an offensive Pivot in OU

Has anyone seen the stat distribution for mega slowbro?

180 def
130 sp. atk
80. Sp.def

Invest in defense, come in get a calm mind under your belt, slack off when neccessary, scald until you burn the entire opposition team. Seriously with it's defense so high and the ability to smash up special attack and defense with calm mind, combined with Shell Armour so you can't crit it. This thing can't be taken down.

Serious chance to be sent ot ubers because Knock Off wont even touch it with it's masssive defence and the fact that mega stones can't get knocked off.

My guesses (and they are huge guesses, I really have no idea) of where each new mega will end up tier wise would be...

Sceptile - BL/UU (maybe OU)
Swampert - OU (beast)
Sableye - UU/RU (regular to be used more than Mega. Lack of prankster kills it)
Altaria - OU
Gallade - OU
Audino - UU/RU
Sharpedo - OU/UU
Slowbro - Ubers/OU
Steelix - UU
Pidgeot - UU/BL2/RU (very similar to Tornadus which I believe is RU)
Glalie - UU
Diancie - Ubers
Metagross - OU/ maybe Ubers eventually)
Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquazza - clearly NU
Camerupt - RU
Lopunny - OU/UU
Salamence - Ubers
Beedril - OU/UU

Remove this Banner Ad

Back