Politics & Government Police Brutality

Will this be a catalyst for real change or will it be more of the same?

• Change

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • More of the same

Votes: 19 82.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

pretty sure I saw a prosthetic limb - either had falled off in scuffle or maybe purposely taken off?
The copper that punched him, took them off and placed them on top of him before sitting on them and hitting him. The excuse for hitting was the cuffs broke.

Oldy but a goody.

The case against Mr Stuart was questioned because despite him being unable to read or write, he was said to have signed a typed confession admitting to the killing. Historian Ken Inglis later explained that a police officer involved in the investigation - Paul Turner - admitted on his death bed that police had "jollied" the confession out of Stuart, and once they had gotten it, they bashed him.

His conviction for killing a young girl exposed flaws in a police investigation and is credited with helping abolish the death penalty in South Australia.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-18/aboriginal-leader-kwementyaye-stuart-dies/5900876

NSW po-lice at it again, shooting a 45 yo lady in the stomach last nite for brandishing a weapon they won't tell us about. Evidently a number of officers were present, po-lice to gutless to tell us if they had tasers.

Considering she not been charged with anything. Shouldn't the officer be charged with attempted murder?

NSW po-lice at it again, shooting a 45 yo lady in the stomach last nite for brandishing a weapon they won't tell us about. Evidently a number of officers were present, po-lice to gutless to tell us if they had tasers.

Considering she not been charged with anything. Shouldn't the officer be charged with attempted murder?
I don't know, I wasn't there.

Why do you hyphenate the word police?

Why do you hyphenate the word police?

Because they're becoming increasingly full of blood sucking parasites. They're hypocrites. Try asking an officer who asks you for no reason if you've been in trouble with the police before, if he's ever been accused of harassment.

Because they're becoming increasingly full of blood sucking parasites. They're hypocrites. Try asking an officer who asks you for no reason if you've been in trouble with the police before, if he's ever been accused of harassment.
OK, but why do you hyphenate the word police?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK say we don't know why the first bloke was being arrested, just the facebook comment that it was for nothing. Even allowing for the possibilty that it was a bullshit arrest :

The cops weren't being unnecessarily physical trying to cuff the block
Random citizen delivers what would be described as a king hit/dog act coming in from behind a bloke and punching him to the head
The later kick to the head from the copper was average and I would have thought they wold have been trained to do better than that
Not one word from the guy videoing criticising the random citizen attacking a cop other than the LOL he put in his facebook post

Police need to be held to a high standard of behaviour but is it surprising that they can be a bit trigger happy when people think its funny that some random will attack them in the middle of a street in full view of numerous witnesses when they were essentially just doing their job.

While I commened the guy coming in to help someone being arrested, he'll probably get the book thrown at thim for that
Yeah I know right. He should be given a medal for bravery.:rolleyes:

It would be interesting to know his motivation for doing that...

It would, it seems the brutality of the blonde cop at .25 is what made his blood boil. You can tell by the crowd noise that at no point did they feel the man deserved what he was getting, nor was he resisting in such away that forced the brutality of the blonde officer. If you study the body language of the first guy on the ground, you can see he is not aggressive or abusive, is trying to reason with the officers.

However once an officer makes a decision to use force, no matter if its wrong, it only gets worse, unless you full submitt to them until your day in court.

The Asian cop, should get in trouble for kicking the second guy in the head while he was restrained. I noticed the usual suspects completely ignoring that. If they try and say he deserved it for king hitting the officer, then they have to admit that officer deserved the king hit for what he did to a man on the ground.

It would, it seems the brutality of the blonde cop at .25 is what made his blood boil. You can tell by the crowd noise that at no point did they feel the man deserved what he was getting, nor was he resisting in such away that forced the brutality of the blonde officer. If you study the body language of the first guy on the ground, you can see he is not aggressive or abusive, is trying to reason with the officers.

However once an officer makes a decision to use force, no matter if its wrong, it only gets worse, unless you full submitt to them until your day in court.

The Asian cop, should get in trouble for kicking the second guy in the head while he was restrained. I noticed the usual suspects completely ignoring that. If they try and say he deserved it for king hitting the officer, then they have to admit that officer deserved the king hit for what he did to a man on the ground.
Trying to get him to rollover so he can cuff him is brutality? He was forceful but didn't strike him. You also can't judge whether what the officers were doing was justifiable or not unless you see the lead up to it.

Agreed that the kick to the head was wrong and he should get in trouble for that as it wasn't necessary or justifiable. There was no reason I can see for the random citizen to get involved and anyone encouraging that sort of behaviour has issues

Back