Preview Port Adelaide POWER vs Greater Western Sydney GIANTS, changes and preview. Positive vibes only.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drawing Brisbane up there on the Saturday night, we very much drew the short straw and have effectively put ourselves out of the race.

drawing brisbane at the gabba was scary

Looks like the white noise might be voting with their feet, family passes for 50 clams

That’s embarrassing and also hilarious

YeS wE kEn!
I saw that. I bought tickets for my wife and i. Paid $170.00 Then saw they were now selling family tickets for $50.00. I could have got a family ticket then.

So Fox have done those 2 minute narrated montages all year for big games and last weeks finals

Never before has it only been about one player or side

Until this week where its the toby greene montage lol

So Fox have done those 2 minute narrated montages all year for big games and last weeks finals

Last week they did it with Patrick Cripps the whole montage just showed him.

surprised-pikachu.gif

To be fair the alternative was a 2 minute montage of old doughnuts Hinkley so I'm opting for the Greene montage tbh.

On moto g62 5G using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just a reminder, had we beat Collingwood we would've won another minor premiership, and played Melbourne in a home QF.

Losing in the QF, isn't the only reason we're a pissed off supporter base.
* had we beat Collingwood
All we had to do was beat one of
Geelong Adelaide (x2!) Carlton or Collingwood

I can't see how we kick a winning score with our forward line in tatters.

Dixon has a broken foot ffs.
Marshall is numb from the belly button down.
Finlayson isn't even in the team.

It's all down to Lord and Rioli.

If we do manage to pull this off, then it's going to be one for the ages.

Thing is, if we get through to next week, are we actually beating Collingwood in front of 90,000 Collingwood supporters?.

Screen Shot 2023-09-15 at 1.07.22 pm.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why wouldn't he be signed up for next season? He's our 2nd best key back.
Yet not in top 40 KPD in the league. Last 2 years has played 25 of 45 games, has been subbed out injured in at least 4 of them 25 games. Was embarrassed by Rohan before the bye. Langford beat him after bye. Injured and subbed in GC game. Serviceable in Collingwood game.Terrible along with everyone else in the showdown. Injured and subbed out of Geelong game. Injured first final. There was no need to sign him mid year. Sure we could have waited till after trade/draft to make a call on his 2024 contract. No one else would offer him a contract. I was a fan back in 2021 but he is past it now. It’s ok to change your opinions on players. I was a Hayes bagger, but now want him to stay on our list over Lycett & Teakle.

Looks like the white noise might be voting with their feet, family passes for 50 clams

YeS wE kEn!
It’s unbelievable we had nearly 40,000 against Richmond in the last round a midday start and nothing on the game. He we are in a final and they are practically giving away tickets surely the alarm bells should be ringing.
I am a dyed in the wool Port supporter from years ago and I am not feeling excited at all about this game in fact I am dreading it.

The number one factor in the low crowd is last week's performance. You don't inspire hope or interest when you spend 5 months working towards a finals series and then come out and play weak and pathetic football in the first final and lose by 8 goals.
Plus the fact we have been let down at this time of year so many times

It’s unbelievable we had nearly 40,000 against Richmond in the last round a midday start and nothing on the game. He we are in a final and they are practically giving away tickets surely the alarm bells should be ringing.
I am a dyed in the wool Port supporter from years ago and I am not feeling excited at all about this game in fact I am dreading it.

They did also give a lot of free tickets away for that Richmond game.

H

Lol how do you not see this forum as negative or circular. Literally every thread ends up talking about the negativity associated with Ken and Koche.

You can be fine with that but don't deny the obvious.

I don't see this forum as negative at all.
I think the fans have a legitimate right to say what they want to say.

Lets say you were tortured every weekend for the last 11 years, you have a right to complain and criticise the torturer.

YeS wE kEn!

* thats annoying and laughable.

I don't see this forum as negative at all.
I think the fans have a legitimate right to say what they want to say.

Lets say you were tortured every weekend for the last 11 years, you have a right to complain and criticise the torturer.

Most Port fans I know are positive for the most part. If I was to define how they support or critique the club it is done in a pretty reasonable manner, it might be the same for those who follow other professional sporting teams. When the team has success, those involved are congratulated and get plenty of plaudits, when they don’t have success then that is the appropriate time to question and analyse the reason or reasons why.

I recognise fans will have different ideas on what constitutes success and expectation can differ from one season to the next. Some may define success as winning Premierships, making Grand Finals, winning finals, performing against the top teams or it could simply be overall win/loss or just the match outcome from games only involving Gold Coast and North Melbourne. That is up to the individual.

I feel our results benchmarked against the rest of the competition in the last decade particularly with available resources is extremely underwhelming and make some of the decisions made by those who should be acting in the best interests of the club void of accountability and professionalism. If that means I am not a true believer or being overly critical, so be it.

In the case of Port Adelaide, they haven’t won a flag coming up 20 years, won 2 finals in 8 years and lost a final last week by 8 goals, so I appreciate why there is plenty of tension and negativity currently.

I hope Port win this week as I do every game they play. I hope they go on to win the Flag and I will be a beacon of positivity congratulating all involved if this transpires, but the set of circumstances that has Port in this position right now is a unique set of circumstances we have never seen in VFL/AFL history and we never will again.

We gave away a lot of two game memberships for the GWS and Richmond games.

So there was a heap of free tickets out there. Meanwhile, everyone has to pay for the Finals game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back