Preview Port Adelaide vs Hawthorn - 7.10 Saturday 25th April @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

We really need a big game from Boak, he hasn't hit the same level as he was last year. What better time to do it.
I wonder if he's over that minor injury yet. He still looks like he is not 100%

I wonder if he's over that minor injury yet. He still looks like he is not 100%

Minor injury?

He had a good 4th quarter against the Roos let's hope he's carrying that form over. We have had some under performing stars eg: Boak and Gray. Then we have had some serverly underperforming stars eg: Hoff, Chad and Hammer (last game maybe a turnaround).

Minor injury?

He had a good 4th quarter against the Roos let's hope he's carrying that form over. We have had some under performing stars eg: Boak and Gray. Then we have had some serverly underperforming stars eg: Hoff, Chad and Hammer (last game maybe a turnaround).

He had a little niggle can't remember what it was but it was about 3 weeks ago and it prevented him from going on a plane.

He can clearly play, But I think whatever it was is preventing him from breaking games open.

Wasn't confident going into any of the other games but am surprisingly confident this week. If there was one game for us to win to set up the season this is it.

I expect Hammer, Boak and Wingard to dominate.

If we serve up what we did in the first 3 opening rounds the Hawks will take us to the cleaners. What's needed
is manic defensive pressure and a mindset to attack at every option - it almost won us the Prelim. They didn't know which way to turn in the last 12 minutes of that game. Clarkson was stunned in the final few minutes and he had no answers to our relentless forward drives. Wingard played the best 10 minutes of his career in that last quarter. If we can replicate that type of footy this Saturday night, we will send a clear message to the rest of the competition that our best football is unstoppable.

I think you guys will get us this week. The past 3 weeks for each side is quite the juxtaposition. Port have played against 3 quality oppositions in finals like tempo and we have been overrated because we have played average sides and looked rather laconic and disinterested.

I wish it was going to be dry because it would of been a great spectacle. Will still be a great battle though. If we don't lift our intensity this week we will get flogged. Port 1-39.

Look at it this way tribes, if Port ever gets as big as Hawthorn for a long period of time, our cellar dwelling times will be forgotton or unknown in the next generation.
I was living in Melbourne in 2006. I sat next to a big Hawks fan at work. He was a very quiet man at work and there was great fear that they would move to Tasmania or merge. All teams go up and down. Let's not forget how they managed to get buddy and roughy in the same draft!!

I glaring stat on Footy Classified last night - we are number 11 for goals in, in other words the top teams have let less goals in and their defensive action is much better than ours - This isn't something we can not bring on Saturday or we will be smashed and something we were much better at last year - is this an influence of Walsh which is missing? i'm not sure I buy into that but worth the question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I glaring stat on Footy Classified last night - we are number 11 for goals in, in other words the top teams have let less goals in and their defensive action is much better than ours - This isn't something we can not bring on Saturday or we will be smashed and something we were much better at last year - is this an influence of Walsh which is missing? i'm not sure I buy into that but worth the question.
It's 3 rounds in.... These stats mean absolutely nothing at this point of the year. Some teams have played bottom 4 sides and smashed them, some have played the top 4 from last year.... Some have played in the wet, some have played in the dry, some have played under the roof at Etihad.

They literally mean jack all until you get to mid way through the year at the very least.

That stat was bullshit and Matthew Lloyd is an idiot.

If you compare our points conceded this year with the points conceded in the corresponding games last year, you'll find that we've actually conceded fewer points this year so the conclusion, for what it's worth at this time of year, is that our defence has improved.

BS stat...
Some teams have played poor opponents...so according to Lloyd, West coast, Melbourne and GWS are better than Port defensively..:drunk:

is this sold out... i am trying to get a couple extra tickets for seats in any stand (other than western). Does anyone know if there are any left in Riverbank or Eastern?

I actually watched a big part of Hawthorn's game in the weekend on WatchAFL and it scared me a bit seeing how easily they demolished the Bulldogs.

But then I did some research and saw that the Bulldogs are supposed to be one of the worst teams in the AFL so perhaps it does not mean that much.

I actually watched a big part of Hawthorn's game in the weekend on WatchAFL and it scared me a bit seeing how easily they demolished the Bulldogs.

But then I did some research and saw that the Bulldogs are supposed to be one of the worst teams in the AFL so perhaps it does not mean that much.

The Bulldogs are a bright young team but yeah they were never going to be able to match Hawthorn.

On watchAFL you can scroll back to last season's game. Scroll back to the prelim final on 20 Sept 2014 and watch the final quarter- it was heartbreaking but shows what level both of these teams are capable of playing at.

We need to target their spiritual leader Hodge. He gets way too much respect from the opposition. Rough him up

Not sure we need to 'rough him up' per se, just ride his arse and give him no space at all.

This is way more important game to win then the Showdown. It's the Anzac Centenary and it's Port vs Hawthorn. We need to put a marker down that we're still getting stronger and can win crunch games against the Premiers without Lobbe and Wines. Time for the 'depth' to stand up and be counted. Jared Polec, Justin Westhoff, Aaron Young and players of this level need to really dig deep and show that they can make a real contribution instead of floating on the hard work of our stars.

Just so much to gain from winning this.

308z0c7.jpg

"The SANFL and AFL guernseys we'll wear at Adelaide Oval on Friday and Saturday night respectively as we pay tribute our service men and women

The guernseys feature the names of more than 100 Port Adelaide players known to have served in conflict since 1915

A limited run of AFL ANZAC guernseys will be available at the Port Store with all proceeds going to the RSL's South Australia branch"

Will you really though or just say it to make a point

I always have. Not much, but still a donation.

Maybe I'm the only one getting a little annoyed with these special event guernseys? It's like 2 or 3 a year.

Especially when they are retailing for $110 and cost less than half that to make.

I always have. Not much, but still a donation.

Maybe I'm the only one getting a little annoyed with these special event guernseys? Especially when they are retailing for $110 and cost less than half that to make.

The club still needs to cover the production costs and price them at a fair enough price to still make a profit? In this case price them fair enough to make a sizeable donation to the RSL

What's really the problem?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back