2nds Port Adelaide vs South Adelaide - Round 15 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he was an emergency once or twice earlier in the year. Tracking along well. Might get a game next year though.
Great. He was
I rate him bigly. Although he doesnt consistently rack up large numbers of possessions..what he does do is rather polished and seems to make good choices. His handpassing is a treat..the term "weave a handpass" applies to his technique and ability...quite often squeezing it through tight situations.
He is also a lot grittier than I expected and his tackles generally stick. Quite strong in the lower half of his body.
He will play afl next year for sure and might end up an ebert style player.

Cheers. Filthy Essendon bypassed him. Was touted as a 1st rounder at one stage. Great get.

I haven't seen the official crowd but yesterday's was the smallest I have ever seen in many years of attending games at Alberton, it looked less than 1200 to me.

Marshall looks the goods, but I reckon he needs another preseason before we see him in the big time.

Eddy is the bloke who should get a gig, he may have only kicked a couple himself but he set up at least 2 others at the member's end against the wind due to his forward nous, and you can't teach that.
His disposal by foot to a player in a better position is as good as most midfielders too.

Doogs had two missed kicks that fell short when south had the breeze in the 2nd and 4th terms that cost goals.
Both were across ground and not directly into the wind, so he should have done better.

Krak had an absolute Barry Crocker, at times he looked less than half interested, and is definitely carrying a few extra kg's.
I suspect he knows his AFL career is rapidly coming to an end.

Drew and Marshall developing nicely. Howard and Austin some nice work. Would like to see Eddy more involved. Loved his long hand pass which set up a goal.

Last edited:
Under contract Broadbent would not consider a trade.

He might if we told him that Houston and maybe even Bonner will be overtaking him in the pecking order next year. Which we absolutely should be telling him.

He might if we told him that Houston and maybe even Bonner will be overtaking him in the pecking order next year. Which we absolutely should be telling him.

He'd tough it out. Hammer set the example last year. I don't know what Jasper will do if he's been offered a 5 years deal elsewhere that's too good to refuse but average players will just say no.

He'd tough it out. Hammer set the example last year. I don't know what Jasper will do if he's been offered a 5 years deal elsewhere that's too good to refuse but average players will just say no.

Nah. Matthew Lobbe set the example of where 'toughing it out' when you get overtaken in the pecking order gets you.

Drew and Marshall developing nicely. Howard and Austin some nice work. Would like to see Eddy more involved. Loved his long hand pass which set up a goal.
Very impressed with Lienert as well. Did anyone see that 100m roost with the wind from the HBF that ended up going OOB near the point post in the forward pocket?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like some trades should be done for these older players then.

There's got to be a market for said older players together with a price the club is willing to accept.

Nah. Matthew Lobbe set the example of where 'toughing it out' when you get overtaken in the pecking order gets you.

Poor comparison. Broadbent is a competent AFL player in his position, albeit not a star. Lobbe is not. I can't see a good reason for Broady to leave.

I haven't seen the official crowd but yesterday's was the smallest I have ever seen in many years of attending games at Alberton, it looked less than 1200 to me.

Marshall looks the goods, but I reckon he needs another preseason before we see him in the big time.

Eddy is the bloke who should get a gig, he may have only kicked a couple himself but he set up at least 2 others at the member's end against the wind due to his forward nous, and you can't teach that.
His disposal by foot to a player in a better position is as good as most midfielders too.

Doogs had two missed kicks that fell short when south had the breeze in the 2nd and 4th terms that cost goals.
Both were across ground and not directly into the wind, so he should have done better.

Krak had an absolute Barry Crocker, at times he looked less than half interested, and is definitely carrying a few extra kg's.
I suspect he knows his AFL career is rapidly coming to an end.

Been going to Alberton since 1977 and easily the worst crowd I haver ever seen , would have to be under 1,000.
SANFL is cooked.

Que Ricks Lobbe v Warnock thread and subsequent calls of rediculousness by posters
7qNTrHN.gif

Did Snelling do enough to earn himself another year? I hoped he would be upgraded at the start of the season.

Bonner seems like an afl player.
Has been moved back into the midfield finally the last two games and he is back to dominating..he should be retained, ball winners, clearance machines like him are hard to find

Been going to Alberton since 1977 and easily the worst crowd I haver ever seen , would have to be under 1,000.
SANFL is cooked.

Does Power's performance affect Magpies' attendance?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back