2nds Port Adelaide vs West Adelaide - Round 8 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

My favourite piece of commentary to date was Biglands complaining about Port getting a free from the last touch rule.

Fascinating how often and quick they are to observe the free kick count when it's Port's way for the first time this year.

I have to say the SEVEN commentary is shithouse full stop. Biglands and Soderstrom are both special comments men and that is their limit , neither has the passion and the voice to carry the commentary. These two sound like they are having a chat about footy over coffee. Certainly no 'Jesualenko you beauty' calls a la Mike Williamson from these guys. A 'Joel Garner you little beauty' would have been appreciated.

We have our noses in front thanks to that last 10 minutes. So far Mayes and Hayes have been our best but Hamish looks cooked, he has no break away pace but gets the ball often enough then kicks 15 metre chip kicks to the nearest player he can find. These days it is as if he is too slow to evade an opponent then run and kick long.

Our F50 entries have been crap, but to be fair Westies have just played well today. I don't feel like we've played badly at all. They've played a heavy flood, with counter attacks at pace, which have opened us up and slowed our scoring. It wouldn't have worked if they hadn't been so effective by foot, but they have been. They've really played a blinder by their standards.

3rd quarter was bad last week but we fought well at the end. This is awful all round

The first three quarters last week were woeful. A Port reserves team from the late 1980s would have beaten both teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back