Port v Brisbane review

Remove this Banner Ad

Well...what a game of football. Dunno what to say. Just a really entertaining game of football.

Where should i start.

Well might as well get straight to the point. Martin Ellis should never umpire another game of football again. That was by far the most blatantly one sided umpiring performance ive ever seen from any game of football ive watched. It happened right from the start. They just screwed us over all match. They must have had about 10 free kicks (most of them so called behind the play ones) before we got one. Obviously free kicks arent meant to be even....but that was just bullcrap. I wont ever see a more cheating performance than that ever again. They must have had 8 down the ground frees from behind the play incidents that supposedly happened. Well why didnt Michael and Scott get a free kick against them last week? They got every dodgy free kick you could possibly imagine. We got none. Brett Ebert got a blatant kick in the face...the most obvious kicking in danger ever....yet nothing, but they can pull 10 frees for holding out of their arse. Brisbane supporters can call this biased...but if that happened to them they would be bleating something chronic. Any group of supporters would.

Onto the last quarter fadeout. What the hell was with that. We cant say its a one off either. We always do it. We get a match winning lead....then completely stop. This has happened consistently since 2001 and i HATE it. I absolutely hate it. We rarely thump sides. We always look like thumping them...then we allow the opposition to kick the last 3-6 goals of the match. Always. I for one am sick of it. Why the hell did we play "shut up shop" football 10 minutes into the last quarter. Ridiculous. Here is a chance to thump the Brisbane Lions and get some sort of edge over them mentally, but we stop, allow them to go within probably 1 more minute of play of pinching the match.

Onto the good parts. How impressive were we in the third quarter?? The first half as well was some of the best tough football you will see from both sides. Neither team gave an inch and it looked like being a low scoring battle all night but the last half opened up a lot.

It was a case of pretty much everyone played well. The only player I thought was below par was Chad...again. Too many brain fades, too far behind, too many mistakes. Pity about Surjan getting injured in the first 10 minutes. There were some good signs by the younger brigade today and it was good to see.

Player Reviews:

Primus - Thought he was fantastic. Showed some of the dominant Primus of old tonight and it was good to see. That gather, dodge, handball, recieve then kick straight to Tredrea in the third quarter was outstanding. Definately high in the best players. Great seeing him rucking again.
16 disposals, 5 marks, 21 disposals.

Wakelin - Thought he held Bradshaw extremely well up until the last quarter...but he may have been moved off him by then as it seemed Chad was on him. Top defensive game. Didnt see too much of the footy himself tho.
6 disposals, 3 marks

Montgomery - Excellent first half...slowed down a touch but was really effective early on. Dropped in front numerous times for strong marks.
12 disposals, 7 marks

Wanganeen - He just wont stop playing top football. He could play another 10 years. High in our best. Was everywhere tonight. Top performance.
19 disposals, 6 marks

Lade - Great to see Laser back in form. Top game of football. Marked well, kciked well, rucked well, played well.
10 disposals, 4 marks, 10 hitouts, 3 goals

Francou - Much better than last week and had the better of Voss in the end i thought. Much improved performance.
17 disposals, 5 marks

Shattock - Clearly his best game for us, if not his best game of AFL football ever. Hope he continues that form for the rest of the season. Was assured of himself, took a great grab, did some tough stuff and played as we should expect him to play.
23 disposals, 10 marks

Tredrea - Held well very early on but broke free in the second and third quarters and kicked 4 goals in a row. Doesnt play well in big games? pfft.
12 disposals, 6 marks, 5 goals

Dew - Great across half back...especially in the first half. Another that had a quiet second half but his first was very impressive. Won his own footy a lot of the time too.
16 disposals, 2 marks

K Cornes - Hes just a machine. Good game again. Our most reliable player now. Never plays poor.
18 disposals, 8 marks, 1 goal

Brogan - A bit quiet but had his moments. Took the match saving mark at the end. 9 disposals, 1 mark

White - His best game for us in my opinion. Really took his oppurtunity this week and in my opinion played just as well if not better than the standard Toby game. Top first half but again, slowed in the second.
17 disposals, 7 marks, 1 goal

Cassisi - Very high in our best players for mine. Took Akermanis completely out of the game for all but the last 10 minutes or so. Apparently destroyed him.
17 disposals, 2 marks

Cochrane - Good game today. Not noticed too much but did some nice things
10 disposals, 3 marks

Kingsley - One of our best early but faded as the game wore on. Had plenty of the pill
25 disposals, 9 marks

Chaplin - Found him really impressive in teh first half but didnt get a minute of the second half. Odd move but definately held his own and he likes to create the play.
7 disposals, 2 marks

Ebert - His best game in Power colours for sure. Really showed a lot of potential to take his game another level today. Presented well, marked strongly, led well with plenty of pace and kicked well. Great all round performance. Good to see.
14 disposals, 5 marks

C Cornes - I thought he had a poor game. Was left behind a few times, made some terrible decision errors and his kicking was poor. Dropped plenty of marks as well.
23 disposals, 7 marks

Pettigrew - How bloody impressive was he tonight. That move in the second quarter where he won the ball, ran into the 50 handpassed off for a goal was sensational. He knows how to play, reads the play well and does the team thing a lot of the time.
10 disposals, 2 marks

James - ROOOGGEEERR!! Good first up match for him. Great to have him back
15 disposals, 6 marks, 1 goal

Surjan - As i said, sad that he injured what seemed to be a calf when tackling in the first quarter. Hope it isnt a longterm one.
1 tackle

Walsh - Steady, calm, composed. What a great addition to this club. I love watching Peter play. Great game of football tonight. He just does everything well.
19 disposals, 2 marks

POTY VOtes:
9 -
8 - Primus, Wanganeen, Shattock, Tredrea, Cassisi, Walsh
7 - Wakelin, Montgomery, Lade, Dew, Ebert, K Cornes, Kingsley
6 - Francou, White, James
5 - Pettigrew
4 - Chaplin
3 - Brogan, Cochrane, C COrnes

Macca19 said:
... Brett Ebert got a blatant kick in the face...the most obvious kicking in danger ever....yet nothing, ...
And that was not even close to the worst one either.
The one I thought was a real beauty was when Scott (??) played on after a mark, got tackled and pinned on the ground, so what did the umpire do?
Ball up as no prior opportunity to dispose the ball. WTF??
It was a shocking display tonight.
Who was the umpire to the right of screen?

Pred said:
Cheers Macca. Can't wait to watch it tomorrow.
You'll love the first quarter.

Thanks Macca - you've summed it up perfectly really.

Firstly let me publicly state what a magnificent game Warren Tredrea played. I made the prematch prediction that he wouldn't kick more than 2 goals tonight, because in my memory I can't remember him having dominated Brisbane before on the scoreboard. Tonight as much as anything Warren Tredrea was the difference - he played arguably his most significant game IMO so far. In the middle two quarters when not marking and scoring truly from all positions on the forward line, he was crashing packs, taking the footy in amongst hordes of Lions' players and then dishing off to a teammate. As good as I have seen Warren play. Outstanding!

I was blessed to have a great vantage point during tonight's game, and I saw a handful of things that honestly I can't remember having seen performed as brilliantly before. Michael Pettigrew was responsible for 2-3 of them - that third quarter tackle where he singlehandedly chased and bounced off 3-4 Lions' players on their 50m line to finally get the holding the ball call was incredible as was that goal assist in the second term. He was so self-assured - well played mate. Awesome.
Peter Walsh deserves a huge amount of credit - Wilbur (this is blasphemous I know) could not have handled the situation better tonight. Run, mixed superbly with such a tough assault on the player and the ball. Great game. To think we should be able to play Wilbur in the pivot when he and JB return.
Josh Francou - two of the most mindboggling sidesteps from a supine position you could ever imagine.

What a roller coaster of emotions! From thinking we were awesome until 20 minutes later being convinced that another minute of play would have seen a heart-breaking loss. At the eight or so minute mark when Aaron Shattock and co. started switching the ball back and forth on the wing, I thought this is a big sniff we are giving them. Momentum is so precious and we handed it over on a silver platter. They must learn from that. Thank god they didn't do the same in the GF.

Couldn't agree more on the umpiring especially in the first 20 minutes and the last 10 minutes. The umps gave Brisbane a huge hand tonight. We were however, very undisciplined at times and as wonderfully as he played Matty Primus must realise it is in his team's best interests not to give away so many free kicks.

Ebert and White were great. Damon clearly showed that he can play CHF and save for the last five minutes when Leppa gave them some rebound, he played his role almost as well as Tredders played his. He gave us alot more than Toby has in the past and competed really impressively. Ebert again looked really sharp. Took the footy almost as cleanly as Tredders did and moved it on better. Great relief to see him back to somewhere near his best.

Cassisi proved that he needs run-with roles and so too does Shattock I think. Dom played one of the best tagging first halves you could see. He gave Acker a bath at every contest. Shattock still let himself down occasionally with ball use but by the end of the night he looked pretty assured and comfortable out there.

Kingers - great game.
Chaplin - other than the opening minutes played a very encouraging first term.
James - hindsight is wonderful, but Roger's class and polish could have seen us alot closer to Freo last week.
Lade - again I eat my words. Really made a big difference at all the critical times.
Wakelin and Monty - reliable.
Dew - really solid. Was tough at it. Broke tackles - in fact can't recall him getting caught at all. Used it beautifully. Much better output tonight.

Chad Cornes - again I concur with Macca. When Chad went near the ball, 80% of the time, something counterproductive happened. Two shocking efforts at the goalface led to sitter goals for Brisbane. Couldn't go with Bradshaw late in the game whom Wakelin had previously blanketed. Received handballs from ruckmen at freekicks, only to pass it to the opposition. For a guy who got 23 possessions, that was about as disappointing a game you could conjure up. Has not been the same player this year. Was our letdown, along with the last 20 mins and Surjan's injury tonight.

Onto next week. Pettigrew and Chaplin have earned themselves extra time and Bishop's injury another week to get right. Ebert and White should seriously aim to replicate that every week, because if they do there is no way they could be dropped.

The umpiring tonight was an absolute disgrace, I've never seen anything like it. Ridiculous calls continually pulled out of nowhere, and failure to apply the rules of the game. Is it just me or was the Advantage Rule done away with over summer? Twice we were away on goal and they pulled it back when the Advantage should've been paid. How they can collect the paycheques after that performance, I'll never know. Their performance wouldn't have been acceptable in a Country D-Grade game let alone the AFL. Scandalous!

As for the game itself, agree with Macca, our last quarter fade outs are ridiculous and it has got to stop. What was the idea of starting to chip the ball around at the 8 min mark of the last quarter :confused: Utterly ridiculous, we just stopped playing & Brisbane took full advantage, we were very lucky to get away with the win. This cannot be allowed to continue, 40 points up and we should've gone on to seriously pump them.

Conditions in the first half were very difficult with the wind & the dust, I thought we did well to stay in the contest given the run Brisbane were having. I thought Montgomery was sensational for us down back in the first half, kept us in it. Peter Walsh was excellent as well, looks a very good pick up. Was a bit concerned about Chad though, average display tonight. The third quarter was excellent Football, we poured on the pressure, winning the ball out of centre and some very good delivery into the forward lines that Tredders & Lade made count.

Players that really stood out for me tonight: Montgomery, Walsh, Pettigrew, White, Tredrea, Shattock, Ebert, Cassisi (excellent job on Akermanis), Wanganeen & Primus. Nice to see in that group many of our 'fringe' players. Most of the players did play well tonight, the problem was they all switched off and dropped performance at the same time. Nearly cost us big time, a good performance but there is still improvement needed and hopefully we will make that count against 'them' next week.

Macca19 said:
Primus - Thought he was fantastic. Showed some of the dominant Primus of old tonight and it was good to see. That gather, dodge, handball, recieve then kick straight to Tredrea in the third quarter was outstanding. Definately high in the best players. Great seeing him rucking again.
16 disposals, 5 marks, 21 disposals.
Put the 'Primus is a forward from now on' theory to bed tonight. Showed why he's captain too
Macca19 said:
Wakelin - Thought he held Bradshaw extremely well up until the last quarter...but he may have been moved off him by then as it seemed Chad was on him. Top defensive game. Didnt see too much of the footy himself tho.
6 disposals, 3 marks
Bradshaw moved to CHF in the last so Chad was on him, Wakes probably saved the game in the end with that pack mark.
Macca19 said:
Montgomery - Excellent first half...slowed down a touch but was really effective early on. Dropped in front numerous times for strong marks.
12 disposals, 7 marks
Haven't seen Voss beaten at full forward that comfortably for a while
Macca19 said:
Wanganeen - He just wont stop playing top football. He could play another 10 years. High in our best. Was everywhere tonight. Top performance.
19 disposals, 6 marks
Add to my special mentions in the votes thread
Macca19 said:
Shattock - Clearly his best game for us, if not his best game of AFL football ever. Hope he continues that form for the rest of the season. Was assured of himself, took a great grab, did some tough stuff and played as we should expect him to play.
23 disposals, 10 marks
Stats flatter him imo, wasn't bad but wasn't that good. 19 of those disposals uncontested and only 11 of his 17 kicks effective. Made his spot a little safer but still near the bottom of my list
Macca19 said:
White - His best game for us in my opinion. Really took his oppurtunity this week and in my opinion played just as well if not better than the standard Toby game. Top first half but again, slowed in the second.
17 disposals, 7 marks, 1 goal
About ********ing time :D
Macca19 said:
Chaplin - Found him really impressive in teh first half but didnt get a minute of the second half. Odd move but definately held his own and he likes to create the play.
7 disposals, 2 marks
Brisbane went shorter up forward, Grew was the better option as that small/tall player Choco loves. Composed and a beautiful kick, would've liked to have seen more but liked what I saw. Geez Merrett will be a big boy when he grows up :eek:
Macca19 said:
Ebert - His best game in Power colours for sure. Really showed a lot of potential to take his game another level today. Presented well, marked strongly, led well with plenty of pace and kicked well. Great all round performance. Good to see.
14 disposals, 5 marks
Seemed a lot more relaxed tonight, hands a lot softer, seemed to benefit from having the #5 defender instead of the #3 he had a lot of last year
Macca19 said:
James - ROOOGGEEERR!! Good first up match for him. Great to have him back
15 disposals, 6 marks, 1 goal
Doesn't have much power in his legs yet but still 15 of the best disposals of the match
Macca19 said:
Surjan - As i said, sad that he injured what seemed to be a calf when tackling in the first quarter. Hope it isnt a longterm one.
1 tackle
Sprained Ankle, likely to miss at least next week which will make it difficult for him to get back in. Pretty good tackle he did it in though.

And a few other things..
Umpiring - didn't expect much from those 3 and didn't get it. Goal umpire who paid hit the post when it didn't should be dropped, couldn't possibly make the call from the position he was in. Field umpires need to be educated on what advantage means and that holding the ball interpretation seems to have changed again. Whatever happened to the if you're swung 360 its holding the ball interpretation? One of the clearest interpretations they've ever had and they don't use it.

Game plan - Hopefully tonight showed Choco that the taller structure does work. Also interesting that in the press conference he grouped Shaun Burgoyne with the talls so maybe he thinks we've had a taller lineup than the rest of us do. Need to work out how to beat the flood, that was the turning point when Shattock and Cochrane (I think) kicked it to each other a couple of times then turned it over.

Much less stressful knowing how long was left, I think I'll try that again

Note to self: Must take sunglasses to night games in case of dust storm

Score chart on the afl.com.au stats is interesting - 3.3 from the right - 4 from close to 50, 7.3 from the left - all inside 35 and 6.1 grouped very close together, 1.0 from 45 directly in front

while the Lions were a lot straighter

Just some random notes/thoughts:

Cassisi - his blanketing effort over Akermanis was absolutely fantastic. Aker was reduced to a mere shadow of his normal destructiveness. Kane took over where he left off, until the last 10 minutes, when Aker got back into it.

Kingsley - Almost BOG for me. Easily the best Port player after the first 3 quarters and his efforts in the 1st quarter kept Port in the game.

Primus - Yes I love him like everyone else, yes the umpiring was shocking, and yes his rucking was great tonight.. but bloody hell Mattress, the 6 free kicks you gave away, particularly the ones off the play were just so damaging to Port's chances.He needs to calm down a bit and not get suckered in to fisty cuffs with Keating or whoever else is in his face.

Chad - Probably one of his worst games for Port. Yes, he's had games where he had less touches etc, but it seemed like every time he got the ball he'd commit the most fundamental skill or game plan errors, like kicking it to a contest in the middle of the ground instead of kicking it up the wings. Maybe Kane got all the football brains... ugh. I had to bite my tongue at the game though as I had a 7 year old with 35 on his back sitting next to me.

Ebert - Great game for Port, the best in Port colours to date. Led hard, was a good target with his speed, good hands and long kicking. Fingers crossed he keeps this form up.

White - took some good marks up forward, kept presenting all night like he usually does, but this time the ball came to him and he did something with it for the most part.

Shattock - I enjoyed listening to a Brisbane caller after the game ruing the fact that they had traded him. Great game.

The last 10 minutes - as soon as Port started kicking around at the 9 minute mark in the final quarter rather than kicking forward I knew we were dicing with death. Brisbane got the smallest sniff and ran with it. Instead of leaving the game humming the Port song I left shaking my head and saying "It's 4 points, it's 4 points" over and over to myself. The emotional damage it would have done to Port if they lost the game would have been huge. In the end though it was probably a good lesson for the players, one they will hopefully learn this time.

Overall - 200% better than last week. Good enough standard to thrash the Cows next week, assuming they don't fall asleep from the 2nd quarter onwards.

One final note:

The crowd figure: less than 35,000. We'll cop some flak for such a poor showing, and we deserve it. Where was everyone? Our first home game as Premiers, unfurling the flag, grand final rematch.. what more were people looking for? I was expecting at least 40k and hoping for up to 45k. Did the dust blow a few thousand away before they got to the ground?

Totally agree on the umpiring guys, an utter disgrace. Apart from the injustices that have already been noted, for those who went to the game, when you watch the replay you'll find two slick throws by Brisbane players (one by *Notting, the other by Power) that weren't pulled up that both led to goals as part of their avalanche in the last quarter... when you chuck in the dodgy shepherding infringement against Primus that led to Keating's goal, their comeback should never have been.

Anyway, Tredrea was colossal and the fringe players and youngsters all aquitted themselves well - Walsh in particular was terrific - while it was great to see Francou and Primus getting back on track in a big way.

Russian said:
Stats flatter [Shattock] imo, wasn't bad but wasn't that good. 19 of those disposals uncontested and only 11 of his 17 kicks effective. Made his spot a little safer but still near the bottom of my list

Spot on. He impressed me with a lot of stuff he did off the ball, but he did very little on it, despite getting a stack of it.

At one stage he got a handful of kicks in a five-to-eight minute period early in the last and all of them were pointless, looking unsure of himself before chipping sideways or bombing Lyle-style to a low percentage contest. Still looked sloppy with his skills on occasion, dropping a mark in the clear at one stage - similar to the pie he dropped in the trial game against the Roos - while his shot for goal which could have truly sewn things up in the final quarter was deplorable. It was difficult sure, but having it bounce out of bounds on the opposite flank?

Just watched the last half on tv and a number of umpiring decisions that i noted:

- The Mal Michael blatant deliberate on the outer side late in the second quarter. Booted the ball 5 metres forward straight over the boundary line. One of the most blatant deliberates there will be this year.

- Akermanis non Holding the Ball after being swung around 360 degress and tackled for 2 seconds on the ground before getting rid of it. How ********ing long can you take?

- Scotts non Holding the Ball. You get called play on, you make no attempt to get rid of it, its holding the ball.

- Pikes deliberate late in the third quarter. Handballed the ball straight over the boundary line. Clear cut deliberate.

- Eberts kicking in danger. Youre telling me 35,000 people at the ground see it clearly yet the three blind cheating ********** on the ground cannot tell one of the most obvious kicking in dangers there will ever be. Its not like it was in a pack...it was in the open, a huge boot, how could it not be called

- A high tackle given to a Brisbane player with 6:19 in the last quarter. Possibly the most pathetic of them all. The Brisbane player slid along the ground head first into a stationary Port player but its called too high. Had the Port player met him high, or even moved then fair enough...but I cant recall the last time ive seen a free kick in that situation. Basically gives footballers the freedom to run at opponents head first and expect a free kick no matter what

- The holding the ball against 21 minutes in when the two previous ones werent paid. Pathetic

- The holding call against Primus on Leppitsch in the last minute. Right in front of me and no holding going on.

And tahts just the last half. Would love to dissect the first 10 minutes where every contest they got a free kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shattocks kicking is crap at times and in my opinion he always takes too long getting rid of it after a mark, but he was 10 times better tonight than any game hes played with us so far.

The running the clock down 8 minutes into the last quarter was close to the most pathetic rubbish ive ever seen us do. What is with Chocos obsession with running the clock down and completely stopping once weve pretty much won the game. It is my most hated thing out of anything watching Port Adelaide over the past 17 years. Why the ******** do we never finish off a side, completely grind them into the dirt and make them look pathetic. Here was the perfect chance to totally thrash Brisbane but we nearly ended up losing. Should never ever happen again.

jasnik said:
One final note:

The crowd figure: less than 35,000. We'll cop some flak for such a poor showing, and we deserve it. Where was everyone? Our first home game as Premiers, unfurling the flag, grand final rematch.. what more were people looking for? I was expecting at least 40k and hoping for up to 45k. Did the dust blow a few thousand away before they got to the ground?
Heat would've kept people away - 35 degrees when the game started, people will stay home and watch it on TV half an hour later. 35-40 was what I expected, in the heat 35 is a pretty good crowd imo.

Just finished watching the 11.55 replay on 10 (doing a great job promoting the game in NSW) and the umpiring didn't bother me.

Shutting up shop with 15 minutes to go was what bothered me. We got away with it this time but...

Agree with all but

EASE UP ON CHAD

OK he had a bad game and has not been in teriffic form...

I was fortunate enough to be in the rooms at half time - (which was bloody awesome by the way) and he is one of the blokes getting round to everyone geeing them up and telling to believe in themselves..

I love the bloke - he has immense talent and ot wont be long til he turns it round. hes too good not to.

primus gave away too many free kicks (i recall 6) & should be used less in the centre bounce ruck in my opinion - we've already got 2 of the best in lade & brogan.

lades tap work around the ground is just exceptional - we're blessed.

Macca19

Here is a chance to thump the Brisbane Lions and get some sort of edge over them mentally, but we stop, allow them to go within probably 1 more minute of play of pinching the match.

agree with you in sorts, however, we have already shown the lions that we arent intimidated at all by them & their physicality. they can rightly expect to win almost every game they play, but when they play port, they know they've got a real game on their hands - & if im not mistaken, that was our first ever 2 wins in a row against them.

Ebert definitely improved this week, but (surprise surprise) I'm still not convinced. I don't like the way his handballing skills seem to be almost non existant for a guy who wants to play in the midfield. Take notice next game and watch him attempt a handball. It's like watching an under 10's kid when he's caught on his left side, which is most of the time because he has no right foot. I'm hoping he'll be a gun, but there are doubts in my mind.

In other news.....Chaplin and Pettigrew are going to be GUNS!

Great reviews all round ... good work!

Just on Chaplin and Pettigrew, both were really impressive, but having both in the side with all the other talls had us down to 2 rotation midfielders by half time. And Roger wasn't match fit.

I reckon a bit much is made of the possession play 8 minutes in. Brisbane had flooded and we were looking for an opening. But when you have Shattock and Cochrane passing between them that's just flirting with disaster.

Really I thought Brisbane just grabbed control of the last few minutes and converted almost every scoring opportunity. A couple of those goals were pretty freakish and a couple were from deadset ordinary decisions and that will generate a fair bit of momentum for any side.

Arsene Wenger said:
Agree with all but

EASE UP ON CHAD

I was fortunate enough to be in the rooms at half time - (which was bloody awesome by the way) and he is one of the blokes getting round to everyone geeing them up and telling to believe in themselves..

I love the bloke - he has immense talent and ot wont be long til he turns it round. hes too good not to.

Gees AW, chad needs to pull his head out of his (you know what)....his attitude stinks. Pays no respect to his opponents (a la Pavlich last week) and believes zoning is his game, rather than one on one, which is needed in the position that he plays.

Looks completely laconic and "out of it" atm. Loving the guy means nothing to me and his kick across the goalface resulting in a crucial turnover was very average. Oncurrent form, hanging onto this spot purely because there is no one to challenge for the position.

The umpiring was the most pathetic display I have ever seen in my life....unbelivable!!! I was livid.

But what I got from the match was more than just a win. We were depleted by injuries and suspensions, and then lost Surj in early in the 1st quarter.
Shaun Burgoyne (posterior cruciate ligament) – 4-6 weeks
Josh Mahoney (medial ligament) – 4-6 weeks
Byron Pickett (suspended) – available Round 6
Steven Salopek (sprained superior tibio fibular joint) – 2 weeks
Toby Thurstans (ankle) – 2-3 weeks
Michael Wilson (shoulder) – 3 weeks
Peter Burgoyne (suspended) - available Round 4
Matthew Bishop (Hamstring) - 1 -2 weeks
umpiring blantley biased against us.....we had just come back from WA, the lions having a 2 day longer break than us. We had a lot of young kids out there last night and they all stood tall. We would'nt have 30 games between White, Pettigrew, Ebert, Chaplin at AFL Level.

So how dam good are we going to be when we get back our hard nuts in Wilbur and Choppy, the burgoynes, bish, toby and JM. How good are we going to be when Primus and Francou get a few more games under their belts, when Jameys (hell he makes a difference, even not full fit he is so good, just love the bloke). JJ said last week we were 4 weeks away from hitting our straps..to pick up a win against brisbane is fantastic.

I thought Kingers was brilliant, and I LOVE THE Primus, to Francou back to Primus kick to Tredders............GOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!! Brought tears to my eyes :D . Francou showed moments of his best and it wont be long until he is there again, Primus just seems so angry LOL, and give away a few silly free kicks, but he rucked, roved and is just so dam inspiring to all, he gives everything he can,......but then again, we got pinged last night for just being on the god dam ground!! And what about the aggressive Tredders....fantastic!! I thought the Grew was brilliant and will no doubt be there again next week, I love Walsh is a great pick up. Shattock's kicking skills will only improve the longer he is with us, and there is a lot to like. There's a lot to like about all of them. Whitey looks strong and deserves more game time. His spot is diffentley in the forward line, where he dosent have to move around to much.....when he is on the move, looks slow and out of whack, his position last night was the spot for him!!

I'am excited of how good we are yet to get, how good we are going to get.....full strength we will be a force to be reckoned with......"the future's so bright, I gotta wear shades" :cool:

Arsene Wenger said:
Agree with all but

EASE UP ON CHAD

Totally agree with ya Arsene......Two games, with so many out cant be easy. I love him to, and he will surley turn it around.....its only Round 2!!

it was a fantastic game, we should of one by more though or kept running but still a win is win!:D

A great win IMHO - fade out was a downer & unfortunately we will never really know why it happened but I started screaming at the twelve minute mark - deja vu can be an extremely a painful condition.

Backs against the wall against the league bullies & we handled it!!!!

Young blokes showing we have a future!!!!

Four points :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back