Mega Thread Port v Freo discussion - all together now!

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do you have as your avatar, Don Quixote? Go fight some other windmill, bub.
That would be what is known in the trade as a back down. Ballantyne will star this weekend and you know it.

I wouldn't get too cocky. Considering you apparently ran all over us in the last quarter you only won by 3 goals. It's hardly a landslide victory. Besides that was at Adelaide oval. How'd you guys go in Round 22 last year over at pattersons?

Not cocky at all. You were up by 5 points at 3 quarter time. At one stage in the last, we were up by 36 points. Of course, you kicked a goal almost immediately in reply, then two more at the death when the cue was in the rack. These are the facts, and they are undisputed.

No one is suggesting it's going to be an easy game. But if you think we're quaking in our boots at the prospect of facing Fremantle, you've got another thing coming.

Not cocky at all. You were up by 5 points at 3 quarter time. At one stage in the last, we were up by 36 points. Of course, you kicked a goal almost immediately in reply, then two more at the death when the cue was in the rack. These are the facts, and they are undisputed.

No one is suggesting it's going to be an easy game. But if you think we're quaking in our boots at the prospect of facing Fremantle, you've got another thing coming.

Nobody thinks you're quaking. I know supporters of several clubs who are looking forward to this game, because they reckon it's going to be one of the better matches for the year. I'm inclined to agree. Personally, I agree with Ross the past means nothing. I suppose in the spirit of banter you need to remind us of round 8 while we bring up round 22 last year. I can't wait for Saturday. I'd wish you good luck but my nose is long enough as it is.

That would be what is known in the trade as a back down. Ballantyne will star this weekend and you know it.

I've already put a stupid bet on for this game for $10 @ 1000/1. I don't need to make another one. :D

I've already put a stupid bet on for this game for $10 @ 1000/1. I don't need to make another one. :D
I already have a bet with Amstiff which would ban him from posting in Bay 13 until grand final day. That will mean he will be posting here more often, so I apologise for that in advance.

I have no doubt Matt Lobbe will have a better game this time as long as he's playing.
I have no doubt that Fyfe will be nowhere near as influential as he was in round 8............

What happened way back in round 8 when Freo last played Port is pretty irrelevant. Fact is that Freo has won 11 of its past 13 games including two weeks ago against the reigning premiers. Port has won 7 of its past 13 games and in the past 7 weeks has played one very good game against a bottom 8 side and 6 very average games. That's the best form gauge to take into this weekend's game.
Perth supporters you guys.....

First says you cant bring up past facts...then brings up past facts to back arguments...

I cant talk football with perth people....they are just.....uuugh

Perth supporters you guys.....

First says you cant bring up past facts...then brings up past facts to back arguments...

I cant talk football with perth people....they are just.....uuugh

he's just got the Ross the Boss mentality, past means for nothing, gonna be rough game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see so many Freo supporters in this thread. It should be a good game and IMO we could easily win this one as long as it doesn't rain.

One day to go!!! Pumped for this. Backs to the wall, nothing to lose and in front of a massive Freo crowd this would be one of our greatest wins if we can pull it off. Our best can get the job done and I believe we are back to the form and confidence levels we need to be to get it done, but this is going to be an epic struggle and going to take our absolute best for 4 quarters to get it done.

INJURIES
Port Adelaide:
Matthew Lobbe (calf) replaced in selected side by Brent Renouf
Fremantle: Nil

so your saying he broke his jaw and was unable to play ??
i shat myself for a very brief moment when i first saw this. then realised renouf is done for the year haha

Will Barlow definitely play? Should be hitting him in the hand whenever we can. No law against that.

Are the Purple really desperate? This is the last chance saloon for them I reckon. With their age profile their window will shut quickly just like Ross Lyon's previous club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back