PortFanRadio

Remove this Banner Ad

We recorded the Gameday Podcast this morning and decided to put it out today so you can have the weekend to digest it. This is our most in-depth preview yet. We discuss the key match-ups, tactical battles, Clutch Wingod and Cameron Ellis Yolmen's nickname. Tune in here on iTunes http://t.co/ydwKQu98Xa

We recorded the Gameday Podcast this morning and decided to put it out today so you can have the weekend to digest it. This is our most in-depth preview yet. We discuss the key match-ups, tactical battles, Clutch Wingod and Cameron Ellis Yolmen's nickname. Tune in here on iTunes http://t.co/ydwKQu98Xa
Greatest ever.

Jimmy was wrong. Too confident

Listened to the post showdown show via Youtube in my truck on the way to Berri this morning. Enjoyed it immensely but having trouble downloading the episodes. I have the Podomatic app but no shows come up when i search PortFanRadio :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They two hosts of the review are unwell. One with a sore tooth and another flu season. If we don't get on tonight we will attempt a double headed tomorrow with the 1870 hour. We will keep you posted

Oh hey, I was supposed to provide a review of the Locker Room from Sunday last week's (theshowdown) game. Probably this is as good a place to drop it as anywhere and I'll do it now as it's a good distraction from that thread about booing.

Despite the actual match result, the experience was frankly amazing.

Firstly, it was nice to meet a BigFooty Elite (Forzaport) and he was courteous and cool and set me up with Chimmez who also had a Locker Room ticket,

z6LGBoZ.jpg

plus he alerted me to the concept of player sponsorship had completely passed me by.

On the game day it was great to not have to turn up an hour and a half before the game started (being a non reserved seat member). Walked straight in, found the cordoned off section (southern entrance - Right in front of me) and waited a few minutes until they opened up downstairs, into Aladdin's cave we went.

Caution: it's full of taller, better looking, and more important people than myself (not the players, the other corporate ticket holders). Nice little bar in the middle with plenty of space to sit around tables with stools.

UdkpJdF.jpg

The Port:Crow ratio was not ideal (it sat around 1:1 - the ideal ratio being approximately 1:0) and it wasn't crowded or too noisy.

It was very well catered (and a pleasant change from eating 2 four n twenty pies like i did the week before I had eaten before at the Collingwood). The usual finger food like calamari and such, with those amazing mini burgers (must have had about 5 by the end).

Wasn't long until i caught up with Chimmez. He was the only one wearing prison bars* and we stood up against the one way mirror like cops do in TV shows during interrogations. Except instead of criminals (insert Adam Heuskes / Nick Stevens jokes here), you see the players warming up, etc.

I took some photos but they're hard to see because I'm a terrible photographer and tinted glass, etc.,

Ks9DvzA.jpg

Also, one of the best things about this is that you get your own toilets down there.

So it was pretty cool because we saw the players warm up, drank beer, ate good food, watched the players do their thing, and pissed freely.

Just before the game started Butcher came down and he gave a brief interview, which was pretty cool.

Went out found out seats just in time for the game to start and, although I prefer to sit higher and look down on the oval, you can't fault the view.

Even though you're sitting with corporates, there's plenty of feral supporters (from both sides - special mention to the Centrals mob) in the surrounding bays, so it's not a tea and cucumbers styled atmosphere, and I even made friends with a well dressed crowd supporter** by the end of the game.

2BHwqZa.jpg

It was catered up until the quarter time, so at each break it was a quick 10 second walk downstairs, toilet, grab beer (Chimmez is such a decent bloke and he would bring one for me and vice versa), then just before the restart, walk back up and sit down.

You see them at half time as well through the glass (darkly).

So, in all it was a fantastic experience and I'll definitely want to get in on the player sponsorship thing next year.

Special thanks to Macca, Rick, Forzaport, Chimmez for the opportunity. Honorable mention to Axlehandle for reminding me to listen that night.

*most people dressed like they were going on a wine tour. There were a couple of port guernseys, but the average punter had a scarf and nothing else (merchandise related)

**we bonded over mutual hated of umpires, but at the end i took the opportunity to remind him that he still supported a s**t club, and as he protested in shock, add that indeed they had no history. He muttered something about 98 and err...97, but by then I was halfway to the GDV.

OK here is a special deal for all Port fans. If we get 50 listeners tonight @ 8pm on the show we will give away 2 tickets to the Locker Room courtesy of the Bigfooty sponsorship deal. That's right 2 LOCKER ROOM TICKETS. FREE Booze, FOOD and check out the lads

Remove this Banner Ad

Back