Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cameron knocked back 8 clubs to stay at GWS so we are not alone

Agreed, but it emphasises the point though. Knocked back 8 clubs and $8 million dollar offers to stay at a club that's in a terrible financial state with a tiny supporterbase. How is that even possible?

MILES less pressure on him up there than in front of 60k AFC fans and our rubbish media I guess.

Agreed, but it emphasises the point though. Knocked back 8 clubs and $8 million dollar offers to stay at a club that's in a terrible financial state with a tiny supporterbase. How is that even possible?

MILES less pressure on him up there than in front of 60k AFC fans and our rubbish media I guess.

Playing to a half empty home stadium must be a real buzz.

Polec, Gibbs, now Cameron.... just can't nail it

Betts, Jacobs... Can't get them all but at least we are giving it a decent crack!

Exactly. We got 2 absolute guns. We'll get more, we've actually done pretty well, not many clubs have done better than these two in the last few years.
As a comparison what 2 players have Port got in that are better than Betts and Sauce.......?
Monfries, White, Polec......not one of them is as valuable as Betts/Sauce. Ebert is closer but still not as valuable IMO. Point being, we've actually done ok, and the cards will fall our way again...

Well their 7,451 members must be pretty excited tonight! and good on them.

If we were that interested hopefully thats been the hold up with our contracts and we can start making some announcements and move to someone like Aish who wouldn't cost as much yet.

Well their 7,451 members must be pretty excited tonight! and good on them.

If we were that interested hopefully thats been the hold up with our contracts and we can start making some announcements and move to someone like Aish who wouldn't cost as much yet.

Party in the food court at Westfield Paramatta.

Exactly. We got 2 absolute guns. We'll get more, we've actually done pretty well, not many clubs have done better than these two in the last few years.
As a comparison what 2 players have Port got in that are better than Betts and Sauce.......?
Monfries, White, Polec......not one of them is as valuable as Betts/Sauce. Ebert is closer but still not as valuable IMO. Point being, we've actually done ok, and the cards will fall our way again...

No way at all that Ebert was ever going to play for the Crows so we can completely write off that loss too.

Playing to a half empty home stadium must be a real buzz.
Empty-GWS-Grandstand.jpg

Due to popular demand (I.e 4 likes), i feel like it's time to open another poaching thread... it's preseason, you're deluded in actually thinking we have things to discuss :p

Also before i write this thread, i would like royalties for any Advertiser article that is written about Jeremy Howe coming to the Adelaide Football Club as we all know andrew webster Michelangelo Rucci will used this as the source... just PM me so we can organize the details Rooch! Alternatively to The Advertiser, i am an unemployed student that isn't in a journalism degree... i think i'm more than qualified enough to be your next chief sports writer ;)

Anyway, cast your minds back to a lovely Septembers day when redhorse created a rumor that we were after a big fish, we foolishly believed at the time that was Jeremy Cameron, due to the logic that he liked catching in big fish, therefore he is a big fish. It was flawless logic and with some delusions of grandeur some of us dreamed of luring over at Adelaide for a hefty sum.

That proved to be absolutely false with him signing a decent deal with that plastic Sydney side, no not the Swans, the other one.

So, here we are wallowing when it came to light that Jeremy Howe has put off contract talks with Melbourne... linked here.

Now lets look at the logical side of the cryptic clues we have been given:
We are after a "big fish" --> Lord (Jeremy) Howe Island is a big fishing destination
It is understood that we were after Howe a few years ago.
Howe is out of contract this season and has put off signing.

Now, look at that. Adelaide are rumored to be trying to sign someone, (understood that) we've shown previous interest and we have draft picks for once... it's all coming into place. The bait we've cast out was for the "disgruntled" Melbourne player. Will we reel him in for a second round pick? Will this deal capsize? stay tuned during 2015 season to find out more. Or discuss why this will not happen in here :D

PS: At Andrew Webster, i do enjoy your posting as it tends cause a bit of a stir, but i'm not missing that opportunity :)
PPS: Majority of this is fallacy, but it's still at a higher quality investigative piece than 99% of the articles produced by these following journos: John Ralph, Rucci, Mark Robinson on ASADA, anyone employed by afl.com, actually... majority of sports journos in AFL, Actually would of been easier listing journos that would of done a better job, Caro, maybe Emma Q.
PPPS: I have no shame dayton in "kinda" stealing your joke.
PPPPS: If only they were the Melbourne Sharks/Turtles/Platypuses/Sea Horses etc, instead of the Demons... the puns would of worked even better, on that note I definitely didn't make this thread as an excuse to use a fair few terrible fishing puns.

Last edited:
How are we going to do that?

My first answer is Magic ;)

My second is we might be quite aggressive in trading this year or this is something we're looking at as a contingency plan (going off of Campbell's Chunky mentioning it), we've thrown some massive cash at Cameron so salary isn't a problem if you believe the report (yes, first problem). Draft picks wise, depends on the Aish deal which should be a bigger priority.

Trade wise, this could be something we might show interest in... fits a few profiles as well considering the 2017 window idea and being quite skeptical on Lynch being injury free.

He seems to be a fairly one-dimensional player to me. I'd rather the club put all their attention on Aish and Toumpas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back