Autopsy Post Mortem vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon we should have played Ramsay instead of Langdon. I don't think we can play all of Langdon, Scharenburg and Howe, the reason it works with Goldsack is because of Goldsack pace which allows him to play smaller. Today we should've played Maynard on Petracca but instead Maynard had to play on a smaller opponent. I think the coaches tried to do that latter in the game when the moved Crisp to him. But as we all saw Petracca killed us as he was simply to quick for anyone to go go with him. If Ramsey plays then Ramsay plays on Maynard smaller opponent and Maynard goes to Petracca.

The red mist is overwhelming right now. I'm sure the umpiring surely wasn't as bad as it feels. Surely the rain was coming down and that's why Moore couldn't take a mark.

Let's not bitch about the umpires guys. Our team is pissweak. Bottom four material.
No we're not. We were missing 6 key players and we were deservedly underdogs as a result. Dees ran over us a bit coming off the bye and with us coming back from Perth.

Umpires were nothing short of insipid, particularly at the death when we had all of the play.

If the umpiring didn't cost us the match (which it did), then Taylor Adams did. He was abysmal. Even at the end there he had a target 45m out all alone in his line of sight, ignored him and kicked to a contest on the boundary. He made dumb decisions all day, turned it over all day, and cost us goals both ways all day. Worst game for the club and needs to reload over the bye.

Massive props to Broomhead who stood up with our guns being tagged out of it, he took a big step forward today and showed why he can make it.

Let's not bitch about the umpires...

Jesus Christ.. This is the reason they're so shit. No ones allowed to ever blame or talk about them. heck that. They killed us today I've never seen anything like that last 15 minutes in my entire 27 years of watching footy.

We lost by a kick to a team who are pushing the 8 which makes us a bottom 4 team? Have you paid any attention to the round the past few weeks? My post mortem is that Smith should be dropped on an absolutely disgustingly bad performance today. A lot of other players played some of their better football for the club. Aish and Broomhead were both very good.

Melbourne were and are shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Umpiring in the second half was ordinary, yes. But Grundy won the hitouts today 53-12 and our midfield in the second half was largely ineffective. That killed us more than anything.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
We just didn't get enough from clear hit out advantage.

I was at the game. I'm as angry as anyone about the result. But we were completely outplayed in the second half.

They were harder, in first, ran harder, spread better and hit their targets.

We were good, but not good enough. Our season in a nutshell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm so pissed we couldn't work with a dominant ruckman in the second half. Where was plan B?

And the whole game plan changed from give-and-go to chipping around in the defensive half. No surprise Melbourne we're so much better set up when we eventually went forward.

I hate to say it but Buckley had his arse handed to him today.

I would have loved to use dominant Grundy better. Maybe get WHE forward. And get the players infused with some desire to breaklines BEFORE it became panic stations.

I think its time we give queens birthday the a.ss.

1. We'll never be any good with Adams in the midfield unless he is barred from kicking no doubt the worst kick in the afl
2. Passengers....smith, phillips, brown.
3. Leaders cost us the game in th e 3rd qtr when they were invisible.

4. When my bulldogs supporting mother inlaw texts "you were robbed" something is up.

Let's not bitch about the umpires guys. Our team is pissweak. Bottom six material.
Yeh nah.

A lot will be said about the umpiring.

Certainly a contributor but at the end we couldn't do enough.

We are not quite there to really be a top 8 side, but there is something there.

Need a bit more talent to come through.

Elliot huge out (they had Gawn out, huge for them)

Hugely disappointing. We are clearly not as fit and well conditioned as the Dees. They completely overran us.. we looked spent. Not enough true grit either to get over the line. 6 minutes out and we start a crucial centre bounce with debutant Brown in there. Just fing dumb!
We smashed them first half. Should have had a much bigger lead and this time it was due to poor defence and giving up easy goals.

Umpiring was bad but at the end of the day their midfield got well on top of ours in the second half. We lost our composure and made too many mistakes.

Thought Broomhead looked good in the middle. Has to play there not forward. De Goey is a bull. We missed Elliott a lot.

The reality is this is who we are.

We are a bottom 6 team, at least without Elliott. He puts us into mid table contention maybe, without him we just arent in the mix.

At some point you stop talking about injuries, umpires, luck when you get the same predictable result over and over again. The results are telling us this is who we are.

We lack class, skill, composure, leadership and coaching nous. All of that combines when the pressure is on to make us go to water collectively.

Our season is beginning to take form, and it looks exactly like the last few. Generally win against fellow strugglers (Brisbane, Freo are really bottom 6, Hawks) with the odd blemish (Carlton).

The occasional win against top flight opposition (Geelong) to offset that odd loss against our fellow strugglers.

Complete and abject failure against mid table teams we need to beat to advance (StKilda, Melbourne, Essendon).

Noble tight losses, always. Over and over again. Not because of luck, but because we fail in the same things over and over again at the critical moment when the pressure is put on, and have not advanced in them. Decision making, skill execution, onfield leadership.

Over and over and over again. Ad infinitum.

The same things always go wrong. This is who we are, for the forseeable future.

We badly need a second tall target, we dont have one. Cox, Mayne, neither is going to make much difference but we probably need one regardless.

Lets get real, and use the rest of the season to work out who is worth persisting with and putting games into them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back