Autopsy Post Mortem vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

If the umpiring didn't cost us the match (which it did), then Taylor Adams did. He was abysmal. Even at the end there he had a target 45m out all alone in his line of sight, ignored him and kicked to a contest on the boundary. He made dumb decisions all day, turned it over all day, and cost us goals both ways all day. Worst game for the club and needs to reload over the bye.

Massive props to Broomhead who stood up with our guns being tagged out of it, he took a big step forward today and showed why he can make it.

You can't question Adams effort but you can question his skills and lack of composure. He is a bit like Grundy and shouldn't be allowed to kick backwards or sideways.

Agree with Broomhead. He played well today and will only get better.

**** me that was an 8 point game and of course the ****ing dees had 4 extra players
****ing disgrace of a showing by the umpires

Langdon was disgraceful

Adams should try his hand at being a butcher when he retires

Brown will be a player did some nice things, can't expect anything more from him

As much as I'm a treloar fan he cost us 2-3 times with shocking decisions and shots on goal in the last

Also ****ing greenwood if I had a dollar for every ****ing time this campaigner misses a crucial set shot, id be living in Toorak

Rant over

Umps were terrible. But we could have iced the game before half time. Shoulda been 8 goals up.

Hope we continue to play Brown. Thought he showed a bit today.
Really?

Debut granted, he doesn't have to dominate or anything etc. but lets not kid ourselves.

He's had a taste, send him back to the VFL to 'hopefully' build on it.

Was just sad to watch a team trying their hearts out, and to see their hard work and effort p***ed away by the umps was just a terrible spectacle.

I hate collingwood as much as I hate any other team, but **** me you guys were hard done by..

The camera shot of Neale Daniher after the siren was cringeworthy. AFL game fixing confirmed right there..

Playing today with 50 games or less:

Aish
De Goey
Phillips
Crocker
Moore
Brown
Broomhead
Smith
Maynard
Scharenberg
Langdon

Half the team. And i think it showed at times...
Noooooo... Not the "we are young" excuse again...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The umpires were absolute cheats with a clear Melbourne bias, but our midfield was woeful in the second half. Defenders cost us several goals in the first half with muppet mistakes and overall were just squibs I thought.

What I would give to have a player with Hunts pace off half back.

We do. His name is Ben Sinclair and shockingly, he's actually a better kick than that ball butcher.

Other than the Greenwood free kick which was piss poor I wasn't too upset about the umpires.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was pretty miffed about all the non paid incorrect disposals they kept getting away with.

In saying that with the lead we had we should never got in a position to let the umps have such sway.

Was good in the first half (was hitting targets taking marks etc.) But equally poor in the second half I thought.

Our defensive set up was poor in the second half.........bad coaching.....not as bad as the umpiring but bad enough.

You're kidding right.? Aish is as soft as butter on a hot day and Broomehead is leading the AFL on handballs to players standing still. Doesn't matter if it's his own team or the opposition...on one occasion today he got a lucky ball out of the pack and handballed it back into the pack....give me a break

Aish is not soft.

First game back from the hardest contest of the year, and a fractured cheek. Plus multiple head over the ball contests tonight.

Of ALL the poor performances tonight, you single out Aish and Broomhead. ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back