General Bombers Talk Potential change to Heritage Guernsey?

What will the new 'Heritage Guernsey' look like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Could this be a hint?

11269283_10153325322279356_2727432219375085453_o.jpg

I think everyone is missing something here. It sounds like we've had a bit of a 'win' with our discussions with the AFL. If it was something as simple as an inverted sash then it wouldn't have taken 'a few months of discussions'.
Maybe the AFL has finally allowed Essendon to wear a predominantly red jumper as an away guernsey? The AFL initially classified red as a dark colour and therefore unacceptable as a clash jumper. That was the reason why weren't allowed to invert the colours and had to pick a light colour.

Could this be a hint?

11269283_10153325322279356_2727432219375085453_o.jpg
What? Where is that from? I don't like the fat sash :(
Oh well. Still tons better than the grey one.

Our normal jumper inversed would be perfect. I do like our heritage logo though.

Thin the sash and make the logo a bit smaller.

I don't see the need for having the sash so wide. I'd prefer a thinner sash and have the collar/sleeves lined with black.

At the end of the day, no matter what it looks like, if the club stick with it for a prolonged period of time we'll get used to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let me preface by saying I don't agree with clash guernseys in principle. It's a load of wank concocted by the AFL to make more money through merchandising. Clashes are simply avoided through different colour shorts, but of course nobody wants to by the latest pair of shorts.

I don't mind the one you describe as atrocious. I also don't mind fat sash.

Just on this, it's important to understand why this is an issue now

In the past, the issue was ensuring players could differentiate each other sufficiently on the field.

This is no longer the case

Last year we had an afl approved clash jumper which the afl has just re approved as acceptable that off season. However just days before the wce and port game they made the home team change to "optimise the viewing experience"

This tells us two things

1) it's rules on the run yet again from the afl

2) it's TV driving this

This is important for you guys, because it's not about tradition or watching the game live. It's about creating a strong colour contrast so your girlfriend can easily differentiate the two teams on TV

I'll give you guys the same advice I gave ours last year. If C7 is pushing this, it will happen. As such, better the club own the change and come up with something that is bullet proof (let's be honest, both our clubs took the minimalist approach on this), but also something that respects the club culture

If you don't, the afl will just do what happened at the lions or crows, and force you to have a stupid white jumper with a friggin cartoon plane on it

What a complete load of utter nonsense

a really shallow way of looking at it.

is as petty as it comes.

I'm sorry that my ideas challenge your views and that you cannot accept that someone can think differently.

--------

I just think that the club should open up this to a vote instead of doing things behind doors. But to determine whether a jumper is good these days is whether you would buy it. That's exactly why they are doing it.

Back