Mega Thread Potential future father-son selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Some big kids monster the game in their teens but can get overtaken by later-developing kids. How many times do we hear that a big kid takes longer to develop? Hawkins could easily have turned out to be a good-ordinary player at 24, and we are fortunate that he has turned out to be the star that we know he can be.

Sometimes it's just the luck of the draw. And that's not taking into account things like injury, fitting in at the club, kids making bad choices (eg like the two Pies boys recently), etc.
All true and applies to all drafting... not just FS.. All you can do is pay what you think they are worth at the time. Some clubs will err on taking the kid o, other not so much. Pies have taken FS in the past yet one would have to wonder why they went past Stewart. The live draft may make it really even more difficult to judge and commit to a kid pre draft.... and the List Manager will be even more important role.

I don't currently have a subscription to the Herald Sun, but was able to copy this headline from their main page - hopefully later this year we will be adding Bartel Jnr to the list of potential f&s selections for future years:

'GEELONG Cats star and Brownlow medallist Jimmy Bartel and wife Nadia are expecting their first baby.'

I don't currently have a subscription to the Herald Sun, but was able to copy this headline from their main page - hopefully later this year we will be adding Bartel Jnr to the list of potential f&s selections for future years:

'GEELONG Cats star and Brownlow medallist Jimmy Bartel and wife Nadia are expecting their first baby.'
I've booked the young fella in for the 2033 draft already.
Just wondering how I'm gonna break it to poor Boris, who had his heart set on being the sub for the 2034 team.

Good to see Jimmy put his spare time to good use :thumbsu:
Don't think I'd call Nadia time spare time but I get your point.. :D

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

11218930_10206437768364206_4150763984741019678_n.jpg

Poor Eliiiiza

Eliza Sum
14 hrs · Melbourne ·

Someone loved my work so much they decided to launch a complaint directly to the boss:
"I understand that whoever posted it likely had good intentions, but as a woman myself and a mother of a girl I feel this comment is completely sexist and derogatory to girls in general. As if a baby girl could not be as successful as her father! I'm utterly disgusted.
Geelong Advertiser should write a public apology.
I am ashamed of Geelong Advertiser as the "newspaper" of my region for allowing this to be shared publicly."
As a proud feminist, the irony is not lost on me.

Poor Eliiiiza

Eliza Sum
14 hrs · Melbourne ·

Someone loved my work so much they decided to launch a complaint directly to the boss:
"I understand that whoever posted it likely had good intentions, but as a woman myself and a mother of a girl I feel this comment is completely sexist and derogatory to girls in general. As if a baby girl could not be as successful as her father! I'm utterly disgusted.
Geelong Advertiser should write a public apology.
I am ashamed of Geelong Advertiser as the "newspaper" of my region for allowing this to be shared publicly."
As a proud feminist, the irony is not lost on me.
Lol
Gee, some people are so precious, aren't they?

Of course our primary hope is that their baby is born healthy and strong.

And nobody's going to whinge if it's a girl- we'll just hurry her parents along to start making a brother for her.

Can't see a young Miss Bartel playing footy in 18/19 years' time- no matter what success she may have elsewhere! :D

*crosses fingers and toes* please be boy twins, please be boy twins, please be boy twins.
I'm sure the Bartel's are simply saying "please be healthy, please be healthy".

Different perspectives and all that. ;)

Slightly related: A Fox Sports Foxtel package gets you a Herald-Sun membership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back