Training Pre-Season 2015-16

Remove this Banner Ad

Callum Moore definitely played as there are photos of him flying for a mark. There was little mention of him in any of the media coverage though so I can only assume he didn't get too many touches. Andrew Moore didn't play, possibly due to a minor injury.
He was probably one of the many players that Jon Ralph couldn't identify.

I can't be the only one who really likes the idea of Taylor Hunt as depth.
Perfect guy to come in and scrap and fight for you when you've got blokes sidelined through injury/suspension, keeps it simple and plays his role.
Although he's certainly limited he didn't do much wrong last season.
He always seems to find plenty of it but just doesn't use it so great. I reckon half the time he gets it is because he is free as the opp coach doesn't mind him getting it knowing he is in with a chance of winning it back from the disposal.

Great player to cover us with depth but as previously mentioned if he is still in our best 22 then we have some way to go.

Can't fault his endeavour to get the footy just his disposal lets him down. Given where he plays we can ill afford the ball getting turned over down there. Opens the door for a guy like Yarran to slip straight into Hunts role especially if he is struggling with some sort of ailment.

As I said in another thread already McKenzie may be suffering from depression. I heard this from someone involved with the club but I don't want to name any names. Praying he gets through it.
oh no! Not training at all? Hope they can get him right, still high hopes for the kid. Very fortunate he was only a pick 70-odd, no burden of expectation.

It's not one size fits all. Richo kicked 6 in his second game, at 18. Chol has pace and leap advantages over Rance. His ground level ability means he could surprise early as a third tall.

Where have you two blokes been the last couple of years? Griff has taken a stack of big marks.

Ideally, he's your 44th-best player, but I'll take anywhere from 25 up. I think Yarran slots straight into his spot, with Conca another option if we want to play Yaz forward.

My comments were more about saying he has had a bad run with injuries etc. It is understandable that he takes a bit longer from that point of view. Personally I hope with another year under his belt . He adds more consistency to his game as he looks a beast in his training photo's & it would be a part of his progression.

As I said in another thread already McKenzie may be suffering from depression. I heard this from someone involved with the club but I don't want to name any names. Praying he gets through it.

Bummer, that's deflating. I love watching this kid and hope he makes it back soon. More importantly though hope he is ok and gets the support he needs, some things are more important than chasing an inflated piece of leather around.

Just on Chaplin - he was an AA CHF as a junior. Port made him a defender. It's not as far out an idea as it seems.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

Yarran isn't good defensively. How would he go one on one with an opponent? Houli and Vlastuin are very good at it.
Yarran used to be very poor defensively and in one-on-ones, but that's an area of his game we did manage to improve a fair bit. It's the attitude we lost the battle with in the end...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yarran used to be very poor defensively and in one-on-ones, but that's an area of his game we did manage to improve a fair bit. It's the attitude we lost the battle with in the end...
Cant blame him, your club is stuffed. Most would be worse than him if they had to deal with em

The intra club match clearly wasnt a Probables Vs Possibles.
IMO it was just a mix of all the players.
Seemed to be a lucky dip.
RFC_Official can you confirm or deny?

Yellow:

Rance
Deledio
Martin
Cotchin
Vickery
Markov
Grig
Mcbean
Morris
Edwards
Hunt
Riewoldt
Marcon
Moore

Black:
Astbury
Chol
Rioli
Miles
Vlaustin
Broad
Batchelor
C.Ellis
Soldo
McIntosh
Menadue
Lloyd
Lennon
Griffiths

Couldn't see anyone else.

mmm Rioli highlight package from the scratch match up on the website. I think he plays round 1. dat speed

I love the fact Rioli looks to not lack confidence. He just loves to back himself in.

1KrF2R-1G5w-300x200.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back