Discussion Pre-Season Match Chat; SC scores in stickied thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
very nice, I have gone cheap in the forward line as well. I don’t have gibcus or hinge but have Sicily at d4 and Lloyd at d1
Really want to fit Lloyd in. And Touk. And Clarry. And Stewart.

Especially Touk

In Love Hearts GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Yep if only we could fit them all in, trying to pick the guys who I don’t think will drop in price
Touk shouldn't drop much and he's so friggin good to watch. Just run and runs and runs. I'm really torn between him and Parish in my team. Love watching them both and they are both very good at SC. Took was so reliable last season and Parish dominated so much in multiple games once he got the chance. Higher ceiling but not as consistent. Arrgghhh!!

Decided to stop trying to fit square pegs into round holes. Faffing around with swapping doubtful premos in and out and then watching super premos fly away is just too much of a leap. The rookie sitch is dross, the 200-300K for once offers exceptional scoring and growth material and the bench players will be in and out of teams or starting as subs. We'll unearth a few gems after a couple of rounds and I'll trade them in if I haven't already fluked them.
This is starting to take the shape of a fieldable side, I believe.

1646658588885.png

I think if I was going back to the extra defender I’d take Hewett over Sic now.
I don't see what others do here.

Since switching to defence 4 seasons ago, Sicily lowest average is 94. Hewett's highest season average in his 8 year career is 88, with a next best of 78. Sicily is priced low due to his ACL. Hewett is priced low because he averaged 73 last season. I get he has switched clubs and roles, but he's played mid before and I worry it will be another Zac Williams or countless others before him. At least Sicily has done it before and done so consistently. Hewett seems much more of a maybe.

If Hartigan is named round 1, Sicily is locked in for me, brain fades and all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That 73 from Weller makes it really hard to resist such a SP Gull.

View attachment 1340563

He has superb hands, pace and a great kick. I'd rate him above some of the ziegulls that were defensive premos last year.

He just doesn't demand the ball enough, twice I saw him give it off and run hard to get it back but whether he didn't call loud enough or his teammates didn't see him etc - the likes of Hall and Lloyd would have. Weller just doesn't stat demand enough as an uncontested player.

Between Brodie and Xerri for me up forward. That’s probably the only decision left to make barring injury and selection shocks.
So is the consensus that Xerri can only really ruck and isn't very good up forward, so will only got there to rest?

So now I contemplate whether I stick fat with Lachie Weller after being adamant I was taking him just about no matter what.
Catch 22 hey? If he scores 120, everyone jumps on your POD, if he scores 80, you doubt yourself.

So is the consensus that Xerri can only really ruck and isn't very good up forward, so will only got there to rest?

Catch 22 hey? If he scores 120, everyone jumps on your POD, if he scores 80, you doubt yourself.
It does seem Xerri is very close to starting as North’s number 1 ruck. They seem to be preparing for life after Goldy. Goldy is a better forward than Xerri and CCJ isn’t great in the ruck.

Since switching to defence 4 seasons ago, Sicily lowest average is 94. Hewett's highest season average in his 8 year career is 88, with a next best of 78. Sicily is priced low due to his ACL. Hewett is priced low because he averaged 73 last season. I get he has switched clubs and roles, but he's played mid before and I worry it will be another Zac Williams or countless others before him. At least Sicily has done it before and done so consistently. Hewett seems much more of a maybe.

I’d prefer Sic but I’m tying to squeeze every dollar out of my team and I just can’t make 3 prem defenders and Sic work.
With 35 trades I’m viewing Hewett as a luxury stepping stone. I know he’s too expensive as a stepping stone but I’m hoping for a strong start and to jump off him quick. Happy to “waste” one trade on him if he gets solid points early.

I always fear the worst when they come back from a ruptured ACL, he is one awkward landing from footy limbo again. I am not picking either player, but Sic every day of the week ahead of Hewett, for all that you stated above.

I always fear the worst when they come back from a ruptured ACL, he is one awkward landing from footy limbo again. I am not picking either player, but Sic every day of the week ahead of Hewett, for all that you stated above.
Every player is one awkward landing away from a ruptured ACL.

Decided to stop trying to fit square pegs into round holes. Faffing around with swapping doubtful premos in and out and then watching super premos fly away is just too much of a leap. The rookie sitch is dross, the 200-300K for once offers exceptional scoring and growth material and the bench players will be in and out of teams or starting as subs. We'll unearth a few gems after a couple of rounds and I'll trade them in if I haven't already fluked them.
This is starting to take the shape of a fieldable side, I believe.

View attachment 1340538
I think you just copied my team. Therefore, I like it.

Some fascinating stats on the points per minute in the preseason games. Wish they would only include players with more than 50% game time because it really skews the stats otherwise.

Highest forward for PPM was Callum Brown.
:sick:

Top 5 for PPM:
Defenders: Liam Baker, Nathan Wilson, Brandon Zerk-Thatcher, Jayden Short, Noah Balta
Mids: Joel Selwood, Callum Mills, Touk Miller, Josh Kelly, Josh Ward :eyes::eyes:
Rucks: Lloyd Meek, Jarrod Witts, Tim English, Max Gawn, Brodie Grundy
FWD: Callum Brown, Adam Treloar, Connor Rozee, Will Brodie, Luke Pedlar

I think you just copied my team. Therefore, I like it.
That was my cunning all plan along; insinuate myself into the discussion and then pinch the best set-up I could find. Bugger, there I was patting myself on the back for my subtle subterfuge, too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back