Training Pre season training 2016 - Butterfly effect

Remove this Banner Ad

Should also be like those little rubber dogs that you squeeze and s**t comes out
Your thinking of real dogs; I suspect you've been squeezing too hard

Our backline will be f**ked in the ar$e if he goes down for any length of time.

Think I might go down to JB and buy the new Megadeth album and pretend this post never happened..
Dystopia is a good listen. Much better than 13 or endgame. Still, as good as kiko and Adler are, Marty and Nick and the 2 Dave's were the best line up IMO.

Feel like we hear that every year

Because we do. Much like every player who joins a new club says 'the standard here is so much higher than at my old club'.

I agree, the amount of spin and hype that comes from players, club officials this time of year is all fluff we as supporters know that, but they aren't going to come out and say any different.

While saying this about someone like Nathan Jones would hardly raise an eyebrow, its great news that a) Gawn is actually doing 100% full training (he even told misson and co not to pull him out of some of the sessions on the QLD camp) and B) the fact he was awarded by Roosy the best trainer is double good news. Gawn had some break out games this year off the back of a limited pre season and it showed as he was left to ruck 95% of games and he ran out of legs in the last quarters. (i wont say anymore in fear of jinxing him o_O)

Warning: potentially very s**t news

Reports of T Mac injured at training. Don't know the severity.

Did anything come from these rumours?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently just a knock to the shoulder which saw him dragged off but was running laps afterward so fairly minor.

Phew!

Am I the only one who imagines Tom McDonald running laps and doing sprints 22 hours per day?

Given the muscle he's put on over the last couple of preseasons, I'm also starting to think that he's also taken to eating his meals with 10kg dumbbells attached to his knife and fork.

In short, I feel as if he's setting himself up to hit the sort of form that will see him being offered the daughter of mine that Hogan doesn't want.

Ive being having these gut feelings that nev jetta is going to run amoke and have a massive year top 5 in the b and f

Anyone else have this feeling or am I losing my marbles
Unless he finds some run he hasn't had so far in his career then yes you are.

Ive being having these gut feelings that nev jetta is going to run amoke and have a massive year top 5 in the b and f

If you're losing your mind, I'd like to think it's because of you looking into the future regarding Nev. I love Nev!

He is not the type to run amoke Cyril Rioli style. But he is a underrated great one on one defender, who rarely gets beaten.....he is the type who could finish top 5 in a bnf because the coaches give him a role which he does 110%, something a lot of outsiders don't see.

He is not the type to run amoke Cyril Rioli style. But he is a underrated great one on one defender, who rarely gets beaten.....he is the type who could finish top 5 in a bnf because the coaches give him a role which he does 110%, something a lot of outsiders don't see.
He's OUR Cyril. ;)

Yeah Jetta is a role player. Just needs to shut down his opponent and provide a reliable kick out of defence. That's all he should focus on. I don't know if he'll finish top 5 with blokes like Hogan, Viney, Jones, Tyson, Vince, TMac, Dunn, and Garland hard to beat and Brayshaw, Kent, Garlett, Salem, and Gawn probably pushing their way up around there, but he can definitely push up to somewhere around 10. There's not much he can do in the way of running amok, he's already playing his role about as well as it's possible to play. There's not any unspent talent there.

Jetta is one of our most important players (top 5, at least), imo. We really missed him when he had that concussion this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back