Training Pre season training 2016 - Butterfly effect

Remove this Banner Ad

Jetta is one of our most important players (top 5, at least), imo. We really missed him when he had that concussion this year.
Depends really - as a shutdown defender Grimes isn't too far behind him IMO and Salem when he has his day is pretty good too. I think it's a bit of an overstatement to say he's top 5, I'd have him behind Hogan, Jones, Vince, TMac, and Dunn at least. Possibly Tyson and even Garlett too.

Depends really - as a shutdown defender Grimes isn't too far behind him IMO and Salem when he has his day is pretty good too. I think it's a bit of an overstatement to say he's top 5, I'd have him behind Hogan, Jones, Vince, TMac, and Dunn at least. Possibly Tyson and even Garlett too.

Salem is (or at least, should be) more of a rebounding half back flanker, and Grimes' disposal and decision making still leaves a lot to be decided. I'd have that same 5, but with Jetta ahead of Dunn. No doubt those 8, along with Gawn and Viney are the first ten picked each week.

Nev did very well last year on Betts, Wingard, LeCras, Elliott (first Coll game) and Fasolo (second Coll game after being shifted onto him after half time), and a few Cats players in that game. The only player to get hold him really was Lindsay Thomas. Also gave nice rebound, of course.

Salem is (or at least, should be) more of a rebounding half back flanker, and Grimes' disposal and decision making still leaves a lot to be decided. I'd have that same 5, but with Jetta ahead of Dunn. No doubt those 8, along with Gawn and Viney are the first ten picked each week.

I love Nev but you are massively underrating Dunn, Jetta stops the smalls but Dunn is a bloody reliable FB who doesnt get beaten very often at all
When TMac had his tough run Dunn stood in and was vitally important

I love Nev but you are massively underrating Dunn, Jetta stops the smalls but Dunn is a bloody reliable FB who doesnt get beaten very often at all
Yeah Dunn out played Hawkins in the geelong game, and hawkins is quite an imposing forward. Need i not remind everyone of the mountain of work he did in that game against the bombers.

Tmac for some reason is confidence based. if he looses a one on one early and get scored against his confidence gets shot, but when he feels sky high he's pretty much unstoppable.

TMac has played some of the best and worst games I've seen from a KPD.

Nathan Carroll's last handful of games for the club would be right up there.

TMac has played some of the best and worst games I've seen from a KPD.

Yep. He can flog the best of them on a good day, on a bad day he'll get 7 kicked on him and turn the ball over half a dozen times minimum.

Yeah Dunn out played Hawkins in the geelong game, and hawkins is quite an imposing forward. Need i not remind everyone of the mountain of work he did in that game against the bombers.

Was at the Geelong game, god he flogged Hawkins. Majority of the 1 on 1s Hawkins would try and body him but Dunn didn't move (Dunn is damn slow but he is a lot stronger than he looks).

I can't see Trengrove playing a game in the first half of the year Roo's won't rush him back, he would have to play NAB challenge to even be a chance and I can't see that happening either. But I do hope he dose back on the field this year.
no way man it's too hot after the bombers thing

Tmac for some reason is confidence based. if he looses a one on one early and get scored against his confidence gets shot, but when he feels sky high he's pretty much unstoppable.
As a general rule I still don't want the ball in T Mac's hands. You never know what the hell is going to happen. I look forward to when we have enough decent users in the back half so that it doesn't have to be in his hands so much. This is where someone like Wagner or White could prove valuable.

Amazingly there are still dolts on the main board who haven't yet cottoned onto Dunn's quality as a defender.

Love Nev but top 5 most important is going overboard. Top 10 yes.

Importance: Gawn, Hogan, T Mac, Jones, Dunn, Vince, Viney, Jetta, Tyson...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is clayton expected to play? Tempted for super coach
I'd say he'd get some games sometime in the season. Either if he trains the house down he could get in the side before the bye or towards the back end of the season when it might get a bit meaningless for us. But has an good body but would be last in line behind the contested mids we have at the moment, although if someone such as a Vandenberg gets injured early i could see him getting picked

Is clayton expected to play? Tempted for super coach

Roos doesn't like rushing youngsters. A lot of our young guys only got game time last year because we had a shocking run with injury. Our depth is getting good enough that he doesn't have to be thrown in just for the sake of it. Saying that, if he has a good NAB challenge series he could win his spot.

Dunn's start to the year was pretty poor though. Too many bad habits and didn't attack the game enough. The Hawkins game was a good turning point for him. I love to see him play in front and take the game on more this year. Same as Garland, same as Jetta as well. If those 3 attack more and get the ball in their hands more than Tom McDonald can relax with the crazy over the top plays where he gets in trouble.

Did the boys have this week off? Seem to have been quiet no updates anywhere on the training this week, but then no news is good news as they say.
No, there was some training at Casey fields yesterday

The lack of subsequent reports about mass property damage in the area has me concerned.

I heard that council building codes at the new developments in Cranbourne require "training proof design" (much like the earthquake proofing in California) before the council will give permits to build.. could have something to do with it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back