A Section Premier 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carey will join OM's down.
Lost: Reid, Rowe, McQueen-Miscamble, Murrie, Freemantle, Howat, Sloan, King and maybe others. Gained nothing.
Panic down at Bulleen Road is what I'm hearing.
De La have got 3-4 jets back and have better depth and unders coming through.
Wesley and Blacks only danger to Carey and Melbourne going down.
At least two of the names above are incorrect, and hopefully another. No panic at Bulleen Road whatsoever, rather enthusiasm.

Perhaps. Injuries will keep Reid and King out. Sloan to play VFL. Others are gone. Who's come in?

Perhaps. Injuries will keep Reid and King out. Sloan to play VFL. Others are gone. Who's come in?
Maybe you can tell us. You appear to have some fairly detailed knowledge, if slightly awry, or possibly deliberately skewed. I'll leave the spruiking to others.

Last edited:

Seems the Catholics are the only recruiters who grace big footy. My Carey mail is good. It's no BS.

Maybe you can tell us. You appear to have some fairly detailed knowledge, if slightly awry, or possibly deliberately skewed. I'll leave the spruiking to others.

oc37, Its between you and Canada. Can you definitely refute his claims????

oc37, Its between you and Canada. Can you definitely refute his claims????
Yes, to an extent, he is accurate in many respects and has some good information, though most of this is not new nor secret knowledge. I think, at least a couple of the players, if not more, that he mentioned, will pull on the boots this season, and that the club is FAR from panicking, but I am just a supporter and cannot speculate further

Last edited:
Not so sure about that Canada. Uni Blues have landed some big names. Kieren Harper from North Melb, Ex Freo player Clayton Hinkley and his brother plus Tim Geappen from Swan Districts. Pretty sharp recruiting for mine.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...s/news-story/adf80cb63c7a8367b26a6dbf6990cfa4
Speculating on finishing positions at this time of year can have its pitfalls hey Rooster!!!:)

I'm also told Blacks haven't been exactly sitting on their hands either.

Speculating on finishing positions at this time of year can have its pitfalls hey Rooster!!!:)

I'm also told Blacks haven't been exactly sitting on their hands either.

Agree, but it's fun.

SKOB
Xavs
Blues
Bernies
DLS
Trinity
Blacks
Wesley
Carey
Melbourne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OM's playing home games at sportscover this year.

as you can imagine melbourne haven't been sitting on their hands when it comes to recruiting just no one on bigfooty to promote them.

Matt thomas is signed on taking alot of pre season so far. should be one of the best in the vafa this season.

Lost: Reid, Rowe, McQueen-Miscamble, Murrie, Freemantle, Howat, Sloan, King and maybe others. Gained nothing.

Canada, OMG you know very little. Panic?? No panic at Panthers....... Young e

Canada, you will look silly when l re post this in August. Not smart making statements that can come and bite you on the backside later. Time will tell who is right. Panthers are going very ok......

Canada, OMG you know very little. Panic?? No panic at Panthers.......
Canada, you will look silly when l re post this in August. Not smart making statements that can come and bite you on the backside later. Time will tell who is right. Panthers are going very ok......

Don't think he is trying to be smart, rather just trying to inject some conversation into the forum. I actually welcome people prepared to stick their neck out.

Who’s your top 4 Carlton? Based on the little we know so far for me SKOBs Xavs and Blues look the early fancies and throw a blanket over the rest.

if Carey do well I won't feel silly.
I will be happy for them. As Rooster said, no point having a forum if you don't toss around a few things.
Not a massive stretch to have Carey finishing 9th IMO. They were what 7t last year and have lost some very decent cattle.

if Carey do well I won't feel silly.
I will be happy for them. As Rooster said, no point having a forum if you don't toss around a few things.
Not a massive stretch to have Carey finishing 9th IMO. They were what 7t last year and have lost some very decent cattle.

From memory 5-8th last year all ended up on the same points, just percentage separating them, but Carey actually had less wins than the others in that group due to a couple draws, so as you say, it's no stretch at all to see them going backwards from 7th. Having said that, there is no doubt 1-2 others in that group go backwards as well, so it might be a case of 'the best of the worst' that stay up.

Don't think he is trying to be smart, rather just trying to inject some conversation into the forum. I actually welcome people prepared to stick their neck out.

Who’s your top 4 Carlton? Based on the little we know so far for me SKOBs Xavs and Blues look the early fancies and throw a blanket over the rest.

Too true Rooster so here goes. Canada, didn't mean to attack..... just defending my team...
SKOBs look to have the goods on paper but l think most contributors (including me) this time last year were predicting Blues to have both hands on the cup and they did finish 3rd but at the half way mark were 4-5.
Xavs are simply to big to fail and won't miss finals 2 years in a row.
Blues have the talent and will be a force if they can all stay on the park.

Panthers have certainly lost some talent but not all that most are saying. There are several "ins" too but not big names like SKOB's but l am sure they will be by mid season. If youth, numbers and enthusiasm counts for anything the Panthers will be ok. May have finished 7th but were in the four from rounds 5-16, understand it's where you finish that counts. Player losses due to travel/work/injury in the last 5 rounds prevented them from playing in their first A finals series.

Don't have much to go on with the others. Anything can happen in this grade but you don't call in the engraver until the Grand Final is over.

Questions.
1/ When does points system come in if at all?
2/ Is the Grand Final at Carlton again?
3/ If so will they open more than one gate?

Nice work Carlton. So if I’m reading this correctly you have SKOBs, Blues, Xavs & Carey. Top 3 look certainties but Carey might be one of a number fighting for place in the 4. Is Reid back this season? Thought he had a pretty bad knee injury.

In regard to your questions.

This season I believe
Probably depends on availability and who is playing in the big dance, I really hope it is anywhere but EP but you can guarantee that if possible the VAFA hierarchy will want it there.
Lets hope so but I would not put the house on it!

Nice work Carlton. So if I’m reading this correctly you have SKOBs, Blues, Xavs & Carey. Top 3 look certainties but Carey might be one of a number fighting for place in the 4. Is Reid back this season? Thought he had a pretty bad knee injury.

This season I believe
Probably depends on availability and who is playing in the big dance, I really hope it is anywhere but EP but you can guarantee that if possible the VAFA hierarchy will want it there.

This season I believe

Definatley not in any order, don't have info on the others and not putting Carey in the top 4 by any stretch at this stage.
Reid coaching 2's whilst he recovers from ACL. No point coming back for 3-4 games, will give himself maximum time to recover and be 100% in 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back