Premier A - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Re read post. Nothing to do with Scotch. But not going to Carey from what I heard re ins and outs down there.

And what have you heard re ins and outs.?

I’m not a Carey man but Crozier back and several very good EFL players from Blackburn and Vermont that the coaching team have bought across. OC links to Hawthorn and Box Hill rumoured to have a landed one or 2 other big names but cant elaborate I’m sorry. Had heard reliably that Bateman from Hawthorn was a “Chance” but turns out that was incorrect (sorry was determined to use that one in a sentence)

Maybe ask Bigman 31. He was purporting to be Carey man until someone caught him out as actually being a Scotchy!

I’m not a Carey man but Crozier back and several very good EFL players from Blackburn and Vermont that the coaching team have bought across. OC links to Hawthorn and Box Hill rumoured to have a landed one or 2 other big names but cant elaborate I’m sorry. Had heard reliably that Bateman from Hawthorn was a “Chance” but turns out that was incorrect (sorry was determined to use that one in a sentence)

Maybe ask Bigman 31. He was purporting to be Carey man until someone caught him out as actually being a Scotchy!

The question I have about all this recruitment into old boys teams from the EFL is who was the last player/players to dominate A -Grade from these clubs and who was the last player/players to show any longevity in service. Short term gain maybe. But the successful clubs of recent times have been able to bring players through the ranks and hold onto them. Ala Collegians. With Carey adding all these so called "jets" from the eastern league. Will they be able to attract enough talent from the school to fill a thirds side this year?

I find it interesting that coaches from the other Metro leagues are quite happy to recruit players from their previous clubs without giving it a thought. I would think any VAFA coach on the move would find it incredibly hard to pry players away from their VAFA club to follow them to another.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And what have you heard re ins and outs.?

Crozier and Peterson back. Both full time no VFL link. Other than that a bunch of names that meant nothing to me, but not Bateman. Standard calls than numbers are huge, lost nobody, unders pushing for seniors etc.
Carey were good last year so you would think they will push for finals. Can't see Xavs, Collegians or De La not playing finals, so never easy in A Grade.

Crozier and Peterson back. Both full time no VFL link. Other than that a bunch of names that meant nothing to me, but not Bateman. Standard calls than numbers are huge, lost nobody, unders pushing for seniors etc.
Carey were good last year so you would think they will push for finals. Can't see Xavs, Collegians or De La not playing finals, so never easy in A Grade.

If Chance Bateman stays in Victoria good chance he will be a Panther. Crozier back full time plus several returning from long term injuries
Cam Jones 1/2 a game in 2012 All Aust CHF 2011
Jarrod Reid 3 games in 2012 75 goals+ in 2010
James Courtot 0 games in 2012 '10 Premiership
Glen Parker 0 games in 2012 '10 Premiership

There are others just can't think of them.
Bring on 2013.

should increase their top end depth.i hope you are not just another Carey supporter talking them up like last year.I might have to go down and watch them play their second side however aka Uni blacks.

should increase their top end depth.i hope you are not just another Carey supporter talking them up like last year.I might have to go down and watch them play their second side however aka Uni blacks.

Dont be surprised to see the return of the legendary A (Dolly) Parton for a few games next year. If one of those games if against Uni Black then come on down and watch... it will be interesting!!!!!

No. You asked me a question and I answered what I knew. Not much to it.

If Chance Bateman stays in Victoria good chance he will be a Panther. Crozier back full time plus several returning from long term injuries
Cam Jones 1/2 a game in 2012 All Aust CHF 2011
Jarrod Reid 3 games in 2012 75 goals+ in 2010
James Courtot 0 games in 2012 '10 Premiership
Glen Parker 0 games in 2012 '10 Premiership

There are others just can't think of them.
Bring on 2013.

Seale injured all year and will be back. Fotheringham didnt play much either.

No. You asked me a question and I answered what I knew. Not much to it.
Sorry,fair enough ,and it was good of you to reply. It would be good to hear more about recruits for every club. It was more a reaction to the fact that we seem to get more here abouy Old Carey,uni Blues and maybe Bernies than any other clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back