Premier A - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

How about some footy news.

Looks certain now that Gilbee will not be at Uni Blues, and will take up an offer to play at Coldstream (one of three rumours doing the rounds of where he would play this year). Offered a fairly nice job apparently.

Looks certain now that Gilbee will not be at Uni Blues, and will take up an offer to play at Coldstream (one of three rumours doing the rounds of where he would play this year). Offered a fairly nice job apparently.

I know Gallagher is down at UB's but i wont be convinced till he actualy gets on the "paddock"
and puts boot to ball. There is a lot of water to go under the bridge yet.

Top 4, not in order: OS, UB, XAV, DLA

Correct mail re Uni Blues, wasn't happy with the way they out him on the back burner apparently so he quit a few weeks ago. If he is to be believed then Blues getting a little bit of a reputation for making promises they can't keep ala OMs.

Looks to be a very strong A this year with Blacks the big surprise.

Have heard that Adam Pattison (Richmond / St Kilda / Hawthorn) and Broc McCauley (Hawthorn) will be lining up for the Blacks this year. They could be a surprise bracket. Should be a couple of belters at the Varsity this year.

You appear correct Brian, uni seem to have a reputation for not delivering on promises. Is Pete Sommers going around for uni again? Did his job eventually come through?

All teams should be training by now. Are there any other player movements known?

Good to see the VAFA has responded to Demetriou's request for the 18 AFL Clubs to employ integrity officers.
The VAFA are advertising for an Integrity Officer who "will be responsible for upholding the Amateur ethos and maintaining that all players and club officials adhere to this."
"The position requires the applicant to be available one day a week over the course of the football season to work from the VAFA offices at Elsternwick Park."
With 70+ Clubs and thousands of players and club officials, the Integrity Officer is going to have to cram a lot into one day a week. Wow!

Good to see the VAFA has responded to Demetriou's request for the 18 AFL Clubs to employ integrity officers.
The VAFA are advertising for an Integrity Officer who "will be responsible for upholding the Amateur ethos and maintaining that all players and club officials adhere to this."
"The position requires the applicant to be available one day a week over the course of the football season to work from the VAFA offices at Elsternwick Park."
With 70+ Clubs and thousands of players and club officials, the Integrity Officer is going to have to cram a lot into one day a week. Wow!

Prerequisite: Be left footed and have attended a large school in Barkers Road!

Gilbee gone already from UB's?

That’s the word. Was apparently always a 3 horse race with a couple of EFL clubs, including I believe his junior club. Maybe Blues a bit quick on the trigger in announcing his arrival before it was stitched up.

Don’t believe anything confirmed either way yet.

That’s the word. Was apparently always a 3 horse race with a couple of EFL clubs, including I believe his junior club. Maybe Blues a bit quick on the trigger in announcing his arrival before it was stitched up.

Don’t believe anything confirmed either way yet.

Got upto the bush from all reports.

GIlbee may be gone (to Coldstream), but i see the transfer has come through for Ross Young to Uni Blues. Sandover medallist in about 2009, and won the flag with Uni Blues back in 2004, as well as being a past UB B&F winner.

A much better pick-up than Gilbee in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GIlbee may be gone (to Coldstream), but i see the transfer has come through for Ross Young to Uni Blues. Sandover medallist in about 2009, and won the flag with Uni Blues back in 2004, as well as being a past UB B&F winner.

A much better pick-up than Gilbee in my opinion.

A bloke straight out of the AFL against bloke straight out of the WAFL. I’ll take Gilbee thanks.

Great to hear that the big number 11 for collegians is pulling the boots back on again this year. Might need to with Ferguson off to VFL and Lee off to EDFL among others. Not sure that will be enough to dent the defence of the lions though.

Is there any truth to the rumor Carey are going to be investigated for paying players? Heard that a couple of their EFL recruits (Rainey and Carafa?) from blackburn were acquired with offers that are against league rules and that they will be looked at.

Hardly surprising as I know they were into former Casey player David Bell last year with an offer that was a clear violation of Ammo rules.

Is there any truth to the rumor Carey are going to be investigated for paying players? Heard that a couple of their EFL recruits (Rainey and Carafa?) from blackburn were acquired with offers that are against league rules and that they will be looked at.

Hardly surprising as I know they were into former Casey player David Bell last year with an offer that was a clear violation of Ammo rules.
Is that you Jason McGrath?
These rumours have been around as long as i can remember however Old Carey seem to be the chosen target for the past few years. Is it a case of where there's smoke, or is it just that they are an easy troll? I dont see the same questions being asked about Uni Blues or Old Scotch's high profile recruits from paying leagues(and for good reason)

Is that you Jason McGrath?
These rumours have been around as long as i can remember however Old Carey seem to be the chosen target for the past few years. Is it a case of where there's smoke, or is it just that they are an easy troll? I dont see the same questions being asked about Uni Blues or Old Scotch's high profile recruits from paying leagues(and for good reason)

Speaking of UB's, I notice Gallagher is yet to complete his reg. when I last looked.
For what it is worth.

You APS guys are a joke and wreck this competition. Your worse than demettriou and the AFL denying tanking.

If this new integrity officer has any links to and an A or B grade club they will have zero credibility!

You APS guys are a joke and wreck this competition. Your worse than demettriou and the AFL denying tanking.

If this new integrity officer has any links to and an A or B grade club they will have zero credibility!

Keatsey I’ll assume that us humble folk from the ACC schools – De La, St Bedes & St Bernards and the 2 Uni Teams are not a party to this competition wrecking?

Yeah ur ok

I stand to be corrected, but I think approx 3 -4 years ago OS secured a player
from the SANFL. The only problem was that he was still contracted to the SA club.
No problems.......OS paid out his contract and the VAFA OK'd the whole deal.
What does that tell you about Scholly and the credibility of the competition he oversees.

As i said, I will stand corrected if Im wrong........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back