Premier A - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

I stand to be corrected, but I think approx 3 -4 years ago OS secured a player
from the SANFL. The only problem was that he was still contracted to the SA club.
No problems.......OS paid out his contract and the VAFA OK'd the whole deal.
What does that tell you about Scholly and the credibility of the competition he oversees.

As i said, I will stand corrected if Im wrong........

Then stand corrected. What does that tell us about you and your conspiracy theories that have no basis in fact?

Flat Footy, PLEASE!!!!!
Read the VAFA rules, you will find that this is a competition where contracts in other leagues do not get in the way of a player playing ( outside of a second club agreement) as the VAFA is an amateur comp. what this means is a as long as a player does not owe his previous club any money he will get a permit to play in the VAFA, regardless if a clearance or not.
In regards to Old Scotch, the GFC has claimed many a businessman, lets not be deluded enough to think they could pay several thousand dollars for one player even if they had too.

Now, as for the troll who has an axe to grind with APS teams in the VAFA, I have two words for you.... silly boy!

Well said Eddie. Ammos clubs, particularly the big school teams in the upper grades work hard for their successes. Yes they have contacts and can help with work, but I am yet to see anything dodgy in way of payments. Plenty have come on here and said they know this, that or the other, but even on an anonymous site like this there has never been a concrete name or club. Haters will always hate as we have the best comp by miles in the state. Play on.

Agree YHM, the senior rep side will be insane this year, would beat the VFL rep team if all players are available. How's this for on ball unit R Campbell, B Mc Cauley, A Pattison, S Salopek, H Black, N Ries, A Bentick, D Gallagher, A Houlihan, E Poyas, R Young and M Ball kicking it down Nick Sautner, Nathan Thompson and Russell Robertson's throat.
VAFA fans will be drooling over the best rep team in the history of the VAFA.

In other news McBain (travelling) and Ward (Port Melb.) not turning out for Beauy this year. Won't help their cause. Ins have been scarce from what I understand.

Is that you Jason McGrath?
These rumours have been around as long as i can remember however Old Carey seem to be the chosen target for the past few years. Is it a case of where there's smoke, or is it just that they are an easy troll? I dont see the same questions being asked about Uni Blues or Old Scotch's high profile recruits from paying leagues(and for good reason)

Nah, its Jason here;) :p , Is that you Steven?:eek:

Agree YHM, the senior rep side will be insane this year, would beat the VFL rep team if all players are available. How's this for on ball unit R Campbell, B Mc Cauley, A Pattison, S Salopek, H Black, N Ries, A Bentick, D Gallagher, A Houlihan, E Poyas, R Young and M Ball kicking it down Nick Sautner, Nathan Thompson and Russell Robertson's throat.

Agreed.

Add in Jack Watts,Cam Howat,Nick Smith and Shane Neaves and you'd have quite a side. I could probably also come up with half a dozen other names, Hellier, McQueen-Miscamble, Sam Williams, Brendan Iezzi,Jack Bull,Nick Wynne for a start. I reckon a couple of these may be better than some named above who are getting a touch long in the tooth

Can anyone out there tell me why the VAFA are making all players re-register in 2013?

What a ridiculous request. We have already had players trying to re-register but without the email address they submitted on their initial registration form, are left with no way of completing the process.

Add in Jack Watts,Cam Howat,Nick Smith and Shane Neaves and you'd have quite a side. I could probably also come up with half a dozen other names, Hellier, McQueen-Miscamble, Sam Williams, Brendan Iezzi,Jack Bull,Nick Wynne for a start. I reckon a couple of these may be better than some named above who are getting a touch long in the tooth

Add in Rees Thomas, Luke Ablett, Josh Vansittart, Jake Williams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can add L Gilbee to that list as well. Will be saddling up in A Grade this year after all.
what??? I thought that he was gone.

add Andrew Merrington, Jack Bull and Pete Summers to this list.

a blow for the snowdogs with simon clarke turning his back on the club to stay with sunbury

massive loss as he is a quality player

Good Sunbury player. Only run of the mill in A Grade Ammos.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/loc...ero-simon-clarke/story-fn53khk2-1226558489596

Local rag seemed convinced Clark was on board. Might be wrong side of 30 but any player who kicks 7 goals in half of footy in a grand final deserves respect. A big loss for the Bernie’s if this is true.

Lots of unsubstantiated rumours doing the rounds at the moment. So is Gilbee in or out and if so who with? Is Summers playing with Blues again? One of the very best in the comp last year. The EFL defectors are training at Carey and paperwork just has to go through but they have lost some good ones – Rowe, Fiorenza, Evans for starters.

Scotch apparently picked up some good additions but not much movement in or out from last years top 3. Maybe putting the faith those that got them there? Might not be as heralded as some of the other big names but Marcus Carroll to Xavs from the EFL is a very good pick up.

Of the promoted sides Blacks look very dangerous while Beaumaris might need to get busy if they are to match it in the top grade.

I have heard that they are into Brock McCauley, as are most district clubs, they have promised him a job but have yet to deliver. Until he gets one he is freely on the market to the highest bidder. Tim Harvey would be 33 but still okay you would think, they were spruiking Iaccabouchi but he will not play with them this year, either will Danny Byrne.
I have also heard Clarke is waiting for a job as a teacher before he signs on, this is all great speculation at this time of the year!
Down my way I am hearing St Bede's have lost a tonne of players again, with Sam Anstey coaching at Mordialloc pinching a few and Parkdale Vultures into all of the Beda's leaving school via Sam Radford...smart move by Radford. He has also taken a heap of their Under 19 guns.
I could add things about other local teams but none other than Beauy are in A. Speaking of them, they have recruited half of the Sandy reserves apparently.
Well there you go, looks like my mail was correct months ago, McCauley went elsewhere and Clarke has too, you Bernies boys need to pull the chain back a little. Next I expect you will say Clarke is over the hill and no loss!!!
Not a pretty place to play St Bernards, the supporters are feral, the ground is a mud pit and they have a tradesman type job network, just a typical run of the mill lower class working man's ACC old school team.

Well there you go, looks like my mail was correct months ago, McCauley went elsewhere and Clarke has too, you Bernies boys need to pull the chain back a little. Next I expect you will say Clarke is over the hill and no loss!!!
Not a pretty place to play St Bernards, the supporters are feral, the ground is a mud pit and they have a tradesman type job network, just a typical run of the mill working man's ACC team.

Spot on GOI....they're all talk! Lot of people around Rupertswood and Sunbury knew Clarke was holding out for a job but Bernies must've failed to come through...again.

Not a pretty place to play St Bernards, the supporters are feral, the ground is a mud pit and they have a tradesman type job network, just a typical run of the mill lower class working man's ACC old school team.

'Tradesman type , LOWER CLASS' . Most ARROGANT comment I've EVER read.
You must be a 'PIG' of a man..

This type of assumed superiority due to family money enrages me!

Still, it won't stop me and my ACC mates passing on those same sediments to the local high school kids.

You'd have to have rocks in your head to agree with those sediments.

I was trying to make a joke instead of just calling him a "c*** " like a typical acc middle class bogan.

So is Keatsey just talking crap or are Carey in trouble with the efl boys. I know we were hoping to get them back (their former school) but had no joy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back