Premiership Coach 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

My best player so far, and he is still playing for me:

25spnyf.png

Absolute LEGEND.

I think he is Gary Ablett Snr + Wayne Carey + Tony Lockett together

It was this guy

That guy was the best I've seen from a team that I wasn't coaching. But the one that Grockadoc is definitely the best, there is a big difference between playing games and simming them, so you don't see other teams you're not coaching have players like the one Grockadoc has.

I might do the same thing Grockadoc did but with Jack Darling and see how he goes.

I did a mix up. I played one game, and simmed one. If only to get through the seasons a bit quicker. Make of that what you will.

I was pretty lucky with Tanner Alderson, as I also picked up a Father Son Tall Forward (from Brett Deledio) to play as a CHF, who was rated 80 overall at the time of the draft, with a peak of 100. So, having two quality forwards certainly helped Tanner at FF. Also had some VERY strong father sons, probably 6-7 all up with peaks higher than 94, 2 tall defenders, 3 midfielders, 1 ruckman and Deledio's FS. So, basically, my team was very lucky with the father son quality players, especially when my usual first rounder was Pick 17. With the Father Sons, I practically had a whole core of players to build a dynasty around, and thats how it worked out (12 premierships.)

I was just reminded why I love this game so much... these all happened in one season:

-"Your 201 point loss to Hawthorn was acceptable.
You 42 point loss to Brisbane was disappointing."

-Traded Taggert and got Ablett. Some guy with a peak of 78 for Shaun Higgins.

-Collingwood sacked Mick Malthouse, signed Brett Ratten. Carlton sacked Brett Ratten, signed Mick Malthouse and the mind games started straght away. Carlton signed Ratten's son with pick 10 and he wasn't even that good a player. :p

-1 Week Shane Mumford did his ACL... 1 week later Mike Pyke did his ACL.

Weird the Mike Pyke on my lists is terrible, although its a pity because i liked him. The beast on my game is Ashley McGrath.. Its weird.. he seems to catch fire.. oh and Dangerfield.

Weird the Mike Pyke on my lists is terrible, although its a pity because i liked him. The beast on my game is Ashley McGrath.. Its weird.. he seems to catch fire.. oh and Dangerfield.

This. 100%. Played a season with Brisbane, but I actually played a game. They were on the hardest level and I didn't really care too much about tactics, I just wanted to see what players would do well etc. for future trading. I won one game all season and that was against the team on top of the ladder, Hawthorn. McGrath kicked 7 goals and had 32 (or something like that disposals). We won by 5 points.

Other notable Lions players are: Tom Rockliff, Daniel Merret (play him in Forward pocket or at Centre Half Forward for just one quarter of a game, Matthew Leuenberger (kicks plenty of goals for a resting ruckman) Matthew Maguire (plays above his rating as a key defender). From newer lists, the two young key defenders; Marco Paparone and Justin Clarke can both do pretty good jobs on second key forwards.

I'm currently playing as season as North Melbourne, I'll post their better players maybe some time this week.

I did a mix up. I played one game, and simmed one. If only to get through the seasons a bit quicker. Make of that what you will.

I was pretty lucky with Tanner Alderson, as I also picked up a Father Son Tall Forward (from Brett Deledio) to play as a CHF, who was rated 80 overall at the time of the draft, with a peak of 100. So, having two quality forwards certainly helped Tanner at FF. Also had some VERY strong father sons, probably 6-7 all up with peaks higher than 94, 2 tall defenders, 3 midfielders, 1 ruckman and Deledio's FS. So, basically, my team was very lucky with the father son quality players, especially when my usual first rounder was Pick 17. With the Father Sons, I practically had a whole core of players to build a dynasty around, and thats how it worked out (12 premierships.)

The thing is with my F/S is that I only get a couple of them every 8 years. Also when the F/S says Elite, they turn out to be Excellent or Goodo_O.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The game has been discontinued after the activation servers went down. You can download the older version (PC2010) from my thread somewhere on this subforum.

Cheers. :thumbsu:

I downloaded the 2010 version yesterday but after I completed a season I got an error that would make the game crash. I opened the game back up and tried to load one of my previous saved games and I'd get the same error. It worked fine when I started a new game but again, aftert the first season had been completed I got the error message.

Since then I have tried to download it from a couple of different sites but I am still getting the same error after a season.

Cheers. :thumbsu:

I downloaded the 2010 version yesterday but after I completed a season I got an error that would make the game crash. I opened the game back up and tried to load one of my previous saved games and I'd get the same error. It worked fine when I started a new game but again, aftert the first season had been completed I got the error message.

Since then I have tried to download it from a couple of different sites but I am still getting the same error after a season.

What lists are you using? and what is the error?

What lists are you using? and what is the error?

I've tried the 2010,2012 and 2013 lists.

The following message come up after trying to open a saved game: "A serious error has occurred and a log has been generated at D:/cotter1/appdata/local/temp/rar$exa0.340/premiership coach 2010 1-10-03/error logs/4122013/112am.txt. Please post it to the forum with as much detail as possible regarding what you were doing when it occurred"

So I went to the error logs and found this:

Current Version: 1.10.03
Error at:3/12/2013 9:11:09 PM
PC Message: Error in: CallVerify

Outer Exception Details:
Message: The remote name could not be resolved: 'secure.premiership-coach.net'
StackTrace: at System.Net.WebClient.OpenRead(Uri address)
at System.Net.WebClient.OpenRead(String address)
at (Object , String )
at FM.GameLogic.Security.(String , String )
at FM.GameLogic.Security.CallVerify(String URL, String user, String passwd, String question)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Error at:3/12/2013 9:11:14 PM
PC Message: Error in: CallVerify

Outer Exception Details:
Message: The remote name could not be resolved: 'secure.premiership-coach.com'
StackTrace: at System.Net.WebClient.OpenRead(Uri address)
at System.Net.WebClient.OpenRead(String address)
at (Object , String )
at FM.GameLogic.Security.(String , String )
at FM.GameLogic.Security.CallVerify(String URL, String user, String passwd, String question)

Game Date: 1/01/2010
Error at:3/12/2013 9:12:36 PM
PC Message: Error in: App_DispatcherUnhandledException

Outer Exception Details:
Message: An exception occurred during the operation, making the result invalid. Check InnerException for exception details.
StackTrace: at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
at System.ComponentModel.RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs.get_Result()
at Ad.WPF.Controls.ProgressMeter.worker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e) in C:\SCS\Development\Premiership Coach\Branch 1.10\Premiership Coach UI\Ad.WPF.Controls\ProgressBar\ProgressMeter.xaml.vb:line 269
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)

Exception Details:
Message: Could not find file 'D:\Users\cot0001\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.863\Premiership Coach 2010 1-10-03\Data\Saves\matzibee\Misc\Controller.xml'.
StackTrace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials)
at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrlDelegate(Object xmlResolver)
at System.Threading.CompressedStack.runTryCode(Object userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.CompressedStack.Run(CompressedStack compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrl()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
at (Object , String )
at FM.GameLogic.Provider.LoadGameController(String controllerID, Config& config, SaveGameDetails& saveDetails)
at FM.GameLogic.Provider.LoadGame(String controllerID, Config config, BackgroundWorker& worker)
at PremiershipCoach2008.LoadGame.ProcessLoadAsync(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at Ad.WPF.Controls.ProgressMeter.worker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) in C:\SCS\Development\Premiership Coach\Branch 1.10\Premiership Coach UI\Ad.WPF.Controls\ProgressBar\ProgressMeter.xaml.vb:line 207
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Thanks in advance. :thumbsu:

Edit: I've also tried this on two other brand new laptops and have basically had the same results as above.

I've tried the 2010,2012 and 2013 lists.

The following message come up after trying to open a saved game: "A serious error has occurred and a log has been generated at D:/cotter1/appdata/local/temp/rar$exa0.340/premiership coach 2010 1-10-03/error logs/4122013/112am.txt. Please post it to the forum with as much detail as possible regarding what you were doing when it occurred"

Edit: I've also tried this on two other brand new laptops and have basically had the same results as above.

Looking at the error log, it seems to be something got to do with the activation. I also noticed you have the game folder placed in the temp folder. Try downloading the game again, but this time place it in desktop or documents

Looking at the error log, it seems to be something got to do with the activation. I also noticed you have the game folder placed in the temp folder. Try downloading the game again, but this time place it in desktop or documents

Cheers. It was working for a while and I managed to get to the end of season 3. But when I had gone to re-sign my players it happened again.

The errors log was:

Game Date: 16/11/2012
Error at:4/12/2013 9:05:28 PM

Outer Exception Details:
Message: An unspecified error occurred on the render thread.
StackTrace: at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.NotifyPartitionIsZombie(Int32 failureCode)
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.NotifyChannelMessage()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.CompleteRender()
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize()
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)

Cheers. It was working for a while and I managed to get to the end of season 3. But when I had gone to re-sign my players it happened again.

The errors log was:

Game Date: 16/11/2012
Error at:4/12/2013 9:05:28 PM

Outer Exception Details:
Message: An unspecified error occurred on the render thread.
StackTrace: at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.NotifyPartitionIsZombie(Int32 failureCode)
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.NotifyChannelMessage()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.CompleteRender()
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize()
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)

What lists are you using this time? I know that any list from 2011 onwards results in an error when you click on end season at the end of the 3rd or 4th season which can be fixed, however I don't know if this is the same error that you are getting because you haven't reached that stage.

If you don't want any errors I suggest using the 2010 lists.

What lists are you using this time? I know that any list from 2011 onwards results in an error when you click on end season at the end of the 3rd or 4th season which can be fixed, however I don't know if this is the same error that you are getting because you haven't reached that stage.

If you don't want any errors I suggest using the 2010 lists.

I've used every list and have still been getting the errors. On the 2013 list I managed to get to the end of my third season before I got the error when I clicked end season. Do you happen to know how to fix the bolded?

I've used every list and have still been getting the errors. On the 2013 list I managed to get to the end of my third season before I got the error when I clicked end season. Do you happen to know how to fix the bolded?

I can help you fix that, to make it easier, follow these instructions.
1. Navigate to the save folder by accessing the game folder > data > saves > NAME OF SAVE
2. Open the Misc Folder
3. You should find a text document called Controller.xml, upload this via mediafire.com or uppit.com (Easier link if you don't want to sign up to mediafire)
4. Post or PM me the link of the folder WITH THE YEAR THAT YOU ARE GOING IN TO (Put it in caps and bolded to make sure you see this and remember)

Once I've received the folder, basically what I will do is go into one of my saves that is up to the year you are going in to, but hasn't completed the fixture and I will edit your Controller.txt file to load this fixture. Then I will send you back the controller.xml file along with the new fixture which you can place in the save file and everything should be working.

I encountered the same error you have at the end of the 2013 season, and on my current 2013 list save, I am up to 2016 and haven't had anymore errors yet. Not sure if there will be any other errors later on though.

Something interesting for one of my saves, is that their are 10 players with the highest games total who are still playing.
Those players were
1. Matthew Kreuzer Age 34: Games played 339: Goals scored 129
2. Stephen Hill: Age 34: Games played 332: Goals scored 225
3. Liam Shiels: Age 33: Games played 319: Goals scored 177
4. Luke Shuey: Age 33: Games played 306: Goals scored 155
5. Michael Hurley: Age 33: Games played 305: Goals scored 774
6. Nathan Fyfe: Age 32: Games played 293: Goals scored 145
7. Matthew DeBoer: Age 34: Games played 291: Goals scored 119
8. Dustin Martin: Age 32: Games played 290: Goals scored 162
9. Daniel Menzel: Age 32: Games played 285: Goals scored 87
10. Luke Tapscott: Age 32: Games Played 285: Goals Scored 84
Notable Mentions
N.Suban (284 Games, 163 Goals)
C.Yarran (284 Games, 160 Goals)
H.Bennell (282 Games, 155 Goals)
S.Day (280 Games, 901 Goals)
D.Swallow (274 Games, 152 Goals)

Something interesting for one of my saves, is that their are 10 players with the highest games total who are still playing.
Those players were
1. Matthew Kreuzer Age 34: Games played 339: Goals scored 129
2. Stephen Hill: Age 34: Games played 332: Goals scored 225
3. Liam Shiels: Age 33: Games played 319: Goals scored 177
4. Luke Shuey: Age 33: Games played 306: Goals scored 155
5. Michael Hurley: Age 33: Games played 305: Goals scored 774
6. Nathan Fyfe: Age 32: Games played 293: Goals scored 145
7. Matthew DeBoer: Age 34: Games played 291: Goals scored 119
8. Dustin Martin: Age 32: Games played 290: Goals scored 162
9. Daniel Menzel: Age 32: Games played 285: Goals scored 87
10. Luke Tapscott: Age 32: Games Played 285: Goals Scored 84
Notable Mentions
N.Suban (284 Games, 163 Goals)
C.Yarran (284 Games, 160 Goals)
H.Bennell (282 Games, 155 Goals)
S.Day (280 Games, 901 Goals)
D.Swallow (274 Games, 152 Goals)

Let me guess, either Judd or Ablett is on the top (of the 2013 listed players) with 350+ games? Always happens to me.

Judd had only 298 but ablett was number 10 overall for games with 359 also Fletcher played 401, Surprisingly Birchall and rioli played 362 and 361 even more surprising daisy played 343

Remove this Banner Ad

Back