Premiership Coach 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

anyone pls
Does Windows 10 have a compatibility feature like this?
JRbeaQ7.png

If so that might help

Does Windows 10 have a compatibility feature like this?
JRbeaQ7.png

If so that might help
Yes, it does. When I first got Win 10, Cricket Captain 15 did the same thing and zoomed in massively. Ticking "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" fixed it back to normal resolution, but does nothing for Premiership Coach. I don't know if the game is too old to recognise this setting, whether it's related to all the admin permissions it installs with, or something else. But I think my solution is probably ticking that box, but I don't know how to make it actually apply.

Yes, it does. When I first got Win 10, Cricket Captain 15 did the same thing and zoomed in massively. Ticking "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" fixed it back to normal resolution, but does nothing for Premiership Coach. I don't know if the game is too old to recognise this setting, whether it's related to all the admin permissions it installs with, or something else. But I think my solution is probably ticking that box, but I don't know how to make it actually apply.
Tick it, run it with a compatibility mode on (not sure which one, fiddle with it?) and run as admin. Might fix it

Does anyone know the rules for the rising star in this game?
Got a 20yr old who had played 9 games the season before. Averages 30 disposals and no nomination???

Why is it that the players peak in the national draft rankings are generally no where near their actual peak? for instance ill draft a player whos peak is at 95.. but when the draft is finished nd I look t my list, suddenly his peak is 78....

Happens with mature age players all the time. It remembers what their peak was at 17-18. So I generally don't trust any player that is 21+ in the draft.

Why is it that the players peak in the national draft rankings are generally no where near their actual peak? for instance ill draft a player whos peak is at 95.. but when the draft is finished nd I look t my list, suddenly his peak is 78....
Happens with mature age players all the time. It remembers what their peak was at 17-18. So I generally don't trust any player that is 21+ in the draft.

If you are after trustworthy draft ratings, I suggest that you do 2 things.

1: Make sure your scouting staff are all highly rated. Ratings of 18+ are essential, and 20 is preferred. Obviously, the higher level the scout, the more accurate the draft ratings will be.

2: Ensure you don't draft anyone over the age of 19/20 in the national draft, in particular players who have been on lists before. This is because the coding regurgitates their ratings before they were drafted, and are often completely misleading. If you want to take some delisted players, do so in the Preseason draft. This is because it gives you their actual rating at that point in time, so you can avoid any nasty surprises.

Does anyone know why you can only pick up delisted players in the pre season draft and not the rookie draft? I've been having this problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know why you can only pick up delisted players in the pre season draft and not the rookie draft? I've been having this problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you can pick up younger delisted players I'm pretty sure (under 22 maybe?) but the game doesn't allow for mature aged rookies as far as I can tell.

What do the white lines beneath player names mean? I thought it was fatigue initially, but now it might be something like form?

nBwZW3Y.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do the white lines beneath player names mean? I thought it was fatigue initially, but now it might be something like form?

nBwZW3Y.jpg
Thought this was fatigue, I was swapping players on/off the bench if that got too high.

It surely must be fatigue why would it be anything else? How would we manage fatigue?

Thought this was fatigue, I was swapping players on/off the bench if that got too high.

It surely must be fatigue why would it be anything else? How would we manage fatigue?
Because, say Mark Blicavs had a completely white bar. When I put Hickey onto the field to replace Longer, Blicavs white line completely disappears. Why would my rotation affect Blicavs' fatigue?

I thought it could be form because only my players who are getting the ball really get that line.

Because, say Mark Blicavs had a completely white bar. When I put Hickey onto the field to replace Longer, Blicavs white line completely disappears. Why would my rotation affect Blicavs' fatigue?

I thought it could be form because only my players who are getting the ball really get that line.
The white line is 'comparative fatigue' and is used by the game engine for measuring component (player) ability to make the contest. It would generally reduce because of a physical advantage even in a fatigue state.

Its why rucks and kpf dominate so heavily in sim games as the fatigue setting was turned down to reduce kpp rotations and stop small guys playing ruck whilst the ruckman and other talls are all exhausted.

The white line is 'comparative fatigue' and is used by the game engine for measuring component (player) ability to make the contest. It would generally reduce because of a physical advantage even in a fatigue state.

Its why rucks and kpf dominate so heavily in sim games as the fatigue setting was turned down to reduce kpp rotations and stop small guys playing ruck whilst the ruckman and other talls are all exhausted.
So if it's a full bar that means that they are going to make contest after contest? Or the other way around?

So if it's a full bar that means that they are going to make contest after contest? Or the other way around?

Other way around - the white is a measure of the "decay" from their peak performance - however is relative to their opponent.

IIRC each player had a 'base rating' they wouldn't go below, but fatigue would only reduce the top 20% or so (an exhaused 99 rated Ablett still better than a 79-rated fresh midfielder).

Lets pretend those numbers are correct, we then get:

0 minutes: Sandilands (7 ft giant) v Cox (Best ruck in base game, elite endurance) - Both all black (peak performance) = Cox wins fractionally (say 92 vs 91)
5 minutes: Sandilands (65% fatigued) v Cox (45% fatigued) = Sandilands full white, Cox half-white = Cox wins easily (91x87% = 79 vs 92x91% = 84)
6 minutes: Dawson (65 overall, 0% fatigued) v Cox (45% fatigued) = 65 vs 84. Cox now shows mainly/all Black and proceeds to dominate.
11 minutes: Sandilands (0% fatigued) v Cox (70% fatigued) = 91 v 79 (92 X 86%). Therefore Sandilands now has the advantage and Cox returns to Full white.

It's not that black and white (heh)...and there's a lot more going on of course (I think there were 4-5 numbers influencing just this factor, which was one of many determining who won the contest) but the only one that changed rapidly within a game was fatigue.

Contributing factors to a contest were made up of: (# of players who 'chose' to contest'; "random" number for each player at the contest; active skill level for that contest type (aerial/ground); defensive skill level of all other players at the contest; previous disposal rating - purely a retention % and independent of distance/direction; and a few macro numbers to get the stats right (eg what % of marking contests result in marks, spoils, frees, etc).

In the end the game was so finely balanced, that seemingly minuscule changes (eg increasing the expected % of contested marks taken as a % of contests marking situations by 1-2%) saw scores sky-rocket and KPP kicking 10+ goals every match. I don't think we ever got the "choose to contest" part right, as the pure "numbers at the contest" was an unmanageably big factor in winning. I believe the final product had this internally set to 100% (anyone who could get to a contest, would choose to do so - only lack of courage/aggression/size/skill/etc would leave them unable to influence the actual outcome of the contest without pure luck)

In one early version I had Ablett over 100 possessions, as his skill/fitness/endurance/priority combination saw him at virtually every contest, and his flexibility (forward/onball) made him a beast. In another Sandilands got every hit-out of a match.

With the game itself being so variable, I don't think you could ever model a statistical engine to the point you can say it's "correct" - we were always balancing competing factors.

Other way around - the white is a measure of the "decay" from their peak performance - however is relative to their opponent.

IIRC each player had a 'base rating' they wouldn't go below, but fatigue would only reduce the top 20% or so (an exhaused 99 rated Ablett still better than a 79-rated fresh midfielder).

Lets pretend those numbers are correct, we then get:

0 minutes: Sandilands (7 ft giant) v Cox (Best ruck in base game, elite endurance) - Both all black (peak performance) = Cox wins fractionally (say 92 vs 91)
5 minutes: Sandilands (65% fatigued) v Cox (45% fatigued) = Sandilands full white, Cox half-white = Cox wins easily (91x87% = 79 vs 92x91% = 84)
6 minutes: Dawson (65 overall, 0% fatigued) v Cox (45% fatigued) = 65 vs 84. Cox now shows mainly/all Black and proceeds to dominate.
11 minutes: Sandilands (0% fatigued) v Cox (70% fatigued) = 91 v 79 (92 X 86%). Therefore Sandilands now has the advantage and Cox returns to Full white.

It's not that black and white (heh)...and there's a lot more going on of course (I think there were 4-5 numbers influencing just this factor, which was one of many determining who won the contest) but the only one that changed rapidly within a game was fatigue.

Contributing factors to a contest were made up of: (# of players who 'chose' to contest'; "random" number for each player at the contest; active skill level for that contest type (aerial/ground); defensive skill level of all other players at the contest; previous disposal rating - purely a retention % and independent of distance/direction; and a few macro numbers to get the stats right (eg what % of marking contests result in marks, spoils, frees, etc).

In the end the game was so finely balanced, that seemingly minuscule changes (eg increasing the expected % of contested marks taken as a % of contests marking situations by 1-2%) saw scores sky-rocket and KPP kicking 10+ goals every match. I don't think we ever got the "choose to contest" part right, as the pure "numbers at the contest" was an unmanageably big factor in winning. I believe the final product had this internally set to 100% (anyone who could get to a contest, would choose to do so - only lack of courage/aggression/size/skill/etc would leave them unable to influence the actual outcome of the contest without pure luck)

In one early version I had Ablett over 100 possessions, as his skill/fitness/endurance/priority combination saw him at virtually every contest, and his flexibility (forward/onball) made him a beast. In another Sandilands got every hit-out of a match.

With the game itself being so variable, I don't think you could ever model a statistical engine to the point you can say it's "correct" - we were always balancing competing factors.
umm...English please?
:p:D

anyone have any tips for prolonging players once they start to drop off. i usually take them off training when i see there stats drop but i was wondering if there was any other ways?

anyone have any tips for prolonging players once they start to drop off. i usually take them off training when i see there stats drop but i was wondering if there was any other ways?
Depends on the player. I had Tippett lose 1 or 2 points at the start of the year but kept him playing and he evened himself back out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back