PSN Down? 21/4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do these ****in idiots know that this does nothing but hurt gamers?
Do they seriously think people support them doing this?
I reckon it would be about 5% of gamers would think it's a good idea, and all of them are more than likely hackers.

sony-anonymous-warning.jpg

Do these ****in idiots know that this does nothing but hurt gamers?
Do they seriously think people support them doing this?
I reckon it would be about 5% of gamers would think it's a good idea, and all of them are more than likely hackers.
I don't think they care mate.

As annoying as it is, it's not a bad effort to take down the entire PSN worldwide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More recently...

Source: http://www.hotbloodedgaming.com/2011/04/07/anonymous-no-long-attacking-the-playstation-network/
Anonymous is not attacking the PSN at this time. Sony’s official position is that the PSN is undergoing maintenance. We realize that targeting the PSN is not a good idea. We have therefore temporarily suspended our action, until a method is found that will not severely impact Sony customers. Anonymous is on your side, standing up for your rights. We are not aiming to attack customers of Sony. This attack is aimed solely at Sony, and we will try our best to not affect the gamers, as this would defeat the purpose of our actions. If we did inconvenience users, please know that this was not our goal.
...............**** I wish they would piss off.

Why are they attaking Sony though?

That is a 17 day old article

More recently...

Source: http://www.hotbloodedgaming.com/2011/04/07/anonymous-no-long-attacking-the-playstation-network/
...............**** I wish they would piss off.
That's the thing with Anon though, the hive collective means it's difficult to really prove or disprove if they are the group behind this or if it is just a maintenance issue. If it was a maintenance thing one would have thought Sony would have announced a planned outage.

All I know is, Anon threatened Sony, a week or so later the PSN goes down across the globe. I am not one that really believes in coincidences.

I have been a fan of Anon before and have supported some of their movements, but far out they can get ahead of themselves sometimes.

Why are they attaking Sony though?
It's not hard matey.

Sony savaged Geohot because he cracked the ps3 open. They really did put him and anyone that supported him through the wringer.

anon believe that the Internet and the information therin should be completely free at all times. The censorship and one might say persecution of Geohot goes against everything they stand for.

That's the thing with Anon though, the hive collective means it's difficult to really prove or disprove if they are the group behind this or if it is just a maintenance issue. If it was a maintenance thing one would have thought Sony would have announced a planned outage.

All I know is, Anon threatened Sony, a week or so later the PSN goes down across the globe. I am not one that really believes in coincidences.

I have been a fan of Anon before and have supported some of their movements, but far out they can get ahead of themselves sometimes.
It would appear that this time at least it is an issue outside of Sony's control as this is their official statement on the US PS Blog:
Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/20/update-on-psn-service-outages-2/
We’re aware certain functions of PlayStation Network are down. We will report back here as soon as we can with more information.

Thank you for your patience.
Hopefully these dipshits come to their senses and realise they're hurting those that they're meant to be 'protecting'. Honestly, if I wanted someone to fight for my rights, I'd be right there on the front line doing it. As it stands, I have no issue to bare (and yes "I wonder why"...right?) and all I want is to be online on the PSN.
It's not hard matey.

Sony savaged Geohot because he cracked the ps3 open. They really did put him and anyone that supported him through the wringer.

anon believe that the Internet and the information therin should be completely free at all times. The censorship and one might say persecution of Geohot goes against everything they stand for.
OH THE IRONING.

They really don't get how much they're contradicting themselves constantly over this s**t, do they? If they all died right now, I would be a happy, happy man (oh and this isn't just a reaction to the PSN being down, I've been following this for weeks).

Not the best news.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com

While we are investigating the cause of the Network outage, we wanted to alert you that it may be a full day or two before we’re able to get the service completely back up and running. Thank you very much for your patience while we work to resolve this matter. Please stay tuned to this space for more details, and we’ll update you again as soon as we can.

Hmmm anonymous are flat out denying this. It's either a small element/lone hacker or it truly is Sony reacting to the DDos attacks and making their network more secure...

Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back