Putin drives motorised penis through Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Not good.

I don't care under what pretense you do it, you don't send 4 guided missile cruisers into a countries waters for an extended period of time, without asking explicit permission.

Remember the s**t that went down when the armadale class patrol boats ducked in and out of Indonesian waters during a chase.

One of Russia's flagships is docking itself off of Brisbane.

It's also not a great feeling being grossly outgunned in any situation, as simple as sending 4 ships down from Russia for a global meeting has easily made our military look inadequate.

This country has saved a considerable amount of money over the last 30 years by maintaining a relatively modest military despite it's size compared with most other developed nations. I think that has to end now (not due to this incident or anything else), but along with other developments like the huge increase in Indonesian defence spending etc, I think it's time to start pouring a decent amount of money into area's like the Navy in particular.

what do you think the russians might do, exactly?

Nothing, but that's not the point.

What would be the reaction you think be if the roles were reversed and Australia sent 2 new Canberra class LHD's equipped with Eurocopter attack helicopters, and two Anzac Frigates with guided missiles into the Baltic sea without permission, sitting in range of St Petersberg?

I guarantee you the reaction wouldn't be as civil.

The real issue is, we don't have any real muscle to prevent them doing this in the first place, that needs to change.

They sure as hell wouldn't do it to the US or the UK, they asked permission to Canada 2 years ago doing the same thing............ all have one thing in common over Australia.

Scott Morrison you had one job

scott-morrison.jpg

He brought some ships to help Tony find that ******* plane.

There is no underlying joke at Abbott's expense there. There is no irony in bringing four rescue ships to find MHwhatever after Tony had a huge whinge about MHthesecondone.

Tony won this, trust me. My name is Rupert.

Why doesn't Abbott just ask Scotty to turn the boats back? Seems he's pretty gutless after all.

Should sent Putin out on the next plane too. It's our country, we'll decide who comes here.

Ouch! My eyes are watering.

It's not hurting quite so much now.

Wow! This is fantastic. Who would have thought? I'm going to ...

Aargh!
Whoever truncated this into one post completely missed the linear element of the mounting. However, I understand Mods' obsession with tidiness. Bandwidth is so valuable. Not to mention anal retentiveness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing, but that's not the point.

What would be the reaction you think be if the roles were reversed and Australia sent 2 new Canberra class LHD's equipped with Eurocopter attack helicopters, and two Anzac Frigates with guided missiles into the Baltic sea without permission, sitting in range of St Petersberg?

I guarantee you the reaction wouldn't be as civil.

The real issue is, we don't have any real muscle to prevent them doing this in the first place, that needs to change.

They sure as hell wouldn't do it to the US or the UK, they asked permission to Canada 2 years ago doing the same thing............ all have one thing in common over Australia.
Only 1 LHD is commissioned, and its not exactly war ready

A terrifying show of force.
Not good.

I don't care under what pretense you do it, you don't send 4 guided missile cruisers into a countries waters for an extended period of time, without asking explicit permission.

Remember the s**t that went down when the armadale class patrol boats ducked in and out of Indonesian waters during a chase.

It's also not a great feeling being grossly outgunned in any situation, as simple as sending 4 ships down from Russia for a global meeting has easily made our military look inadequate.

This country has saved a considerable amount of money over the last 30 years by maintaining a relatively modest military despite it's size compared with most other developed nations. I think that has to end now (not due to this incident or anything else), but along with other developments like the huge increase in Indonesian defence spending etc, I think it's time to start pouring a decent amount of money into area's like the Navy in particular.
The Indonesian military is years behind ours. The main potential threat is China, and we are highly unlikely to be no.1 on their list of countries to threaten(if China should choose to radically change the way it behaves, that is).
We have a population of 23 million, and we spend a significant amount on defence already. We need to be smarter with our defence spending and strategy, but we don't need more.

Not good.

you mean like when we tow back boats to Indonesia? anyway, the Russian Naval frigates are NOT in our waters.

Not good.

haha this is bullshit.

We spend as a percentage considerably more than most countries.

Reality is, we have no need for the excess spending we currently waste. We invade other nations, we don't get invaded.

But don't talk s**t about Russia when you're a middle power, is the lesson. It is not that far to Vladivostok.

they're in international waters. they can do what they like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back