QAFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

maybe - but still rubbish idea imo.

are you religious or something?

Good Friday is a dumb holiday in itself and the fact clubs can't sell beer etc and stand up eating food because of some mythical fairy tale is outrageous.

I reckon Good Friday eve would have been the go for a fixture like this (like the ANZAC eve) - but from what I recall, the Maggies have pretty shitty lights.

are you religious or something?

Good Friday is a dumb holiday in itself and the fact clubs can't sell beer etc and stand up eating food because of some mythical fairy tale is outrageous.

I reckon Good Friday eve would have been the go for a fixture like this (like the ANZAC eve) - but from what I recall, the Maggies have pretty shitty lights.

Not at all - but there is nothing wrong with blokes having a weekend off as well. Why put added pressure on people's families to make a call on whether they are / arent available? Anyway just my opinion on it.

Not at all - but there is nothing wrong with blokes having a weekend off as well. Why put added pressure on people's families to make a call on whether they are / arent available? Anyway just my opinion on it.

yeah I agree a weekend off over Easter is my vote. It’s a long season and guys need time away

Not sure having a week off after say Round 1 helps with a long season. A week off might be more beneficial towards the back end of the season or the alternative is to just get on with it and have a break in October.

I know our boys are pumped to play grange on Easter Saturday.And yes crowds for Good Friday games down south are huge.Noosa play morningside in first Praccy game up here on March 13.And hoping to lock in Sherwood or Redlands on March 20.Couple of ex noosa juniors going well with Will McKenzie at Aspley and Charlie Bowes who was just signed to the Brisbane lions vfl(efl) team.Gee Labrador look to be recruiting very handsomely and I’m hearing Redlands will be strong also.Pretty keen on seeing the fixture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We thought we were going to receive a draft draw either late last week or early this week but nothing as yet.Gee Cressa must love Grayson he’s hardly played any footy in the past 2 or 3 years has he?

Yep, he has had a horrible run with injuries. Hopefully he can get some luck this year because he is a genuine gun footballer

All Brisbane Clubs are paying match payments so once you put your hand out then from late March to Grand final day you must be available to play.

Reckon you can near guarantee they won't be. Not against your thought but you well know that during the year more than one bloke will come to you and say "look coach, I've got my Nans 80th next Saturday and there is no way i can get out of it". Let alone the bloke who says "umm Splendour is on that weekend coach"... Paid or not.

Must be short on quality in country Vic these days.
SMY ,, NO WAY ,, WANG ROVERS HAVE RECRUITED SOME GUNS AS HAVE MYRTLEFORD TO TRY AND GET UP WITH THE ALBURY TIGERS , WANGARATTA MAGPIES AND LAVINGTONS OF THE WORLD ,,,NOT TO MENTION THE LOWER PERFORMING CLUBS BE IT WODOGA BULLDOGSAND COROWA RUTHERGLEN HAVE RECRUITED BIG TIME ,,, A LOT OF PLAYERS FROM MELBOURNE MAKING THE MOVE AS THEY ARE UNASURE OF GETTING A SEASON IN METRO WISE - COVID ....THE COMP IS LOOKING THE BEST IT HAS IN YEARS COME QUALITY OF PLAYER /TEAMS

We thought we were going to receive a draft draw either late last week or early this week but nothing as yet.Gee Cressa must love Grayson he’s hardly played any footy in the past 2 or 3 years has he?

Considering the womens draw hasnt been released for QAFLW and they start in 2 weeks it might be a while...
SMY ,, NO WAY ,, WANG ROVERS HAVE RECRUITED SOME GUNS AS HAVE MYRTLEFORD TO TRY AND GET UP WITH THE ALBURY TIGERS , WANGARATTA MAGPIES AND LAVINGTONS OF THE WORLD ,,,NOT TO MENTION THE LOWER PERFORMING CLUBS BE IT WODOGA BULLDOGSAND COROWA RUTHERGLEN HAVE RECRUITED BIG TIME ,,, A LOT OF PLAYERS FROM MELBOURNE MAKING THE MOVE AS THEY ARE UNASURE OF GETTING A SEASON IN METRO WISE - COVID ....THE COMP IS LOOKING THE BEST IT HAS IN YEARS COME QUALITY OF PLAYER /TEAMS

Yeah it was a bit tongue in cheek Stuy but for the life of me can't work out how playing guys living 2000km away week to week adds to the substance of your side, no matter how good.

Considering the womens draw hasnt been released for QAFLW and they start in 2 weeks it might be a while...

Yeah it was a bit tongue in cheek Stuy but for the life of me can't work out how playing guys living 2000km away week to week adds to the substance of your side, no matter how good.
Smy,
yes must agree with you there...

See Nick Mal has premiership players Bryce Retzlaff , Jacob Kenny and Big Jake Goldsmith back onboard. Shortest retirement ever by Retzlaff.

Has anyone heard what's happening with the Mini draft in 2021? Where do Southport and Aspleys Players go if they are not getting a game at VFL Level.

Has anyone heard what's happening with the Mini draft in 2021? Where do Southport and Aspleys Players go if they are not getting a game at VFL Level.

My understanding is no mini-draft, players will be able to play anywhere (ie "home/junior" club) though I'm sure 1) they'd prefer to play QAFL and 2) Aspley/Southport would push them that way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back