QAFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly looks like the Labrador salary cap will be under pressure this year, must be quite a few blokes playing for the love of the jumper.....

Pretty sure Rezlaff has been playing for unders for years, probably playing for next to nothing in 2021. Good clubman.

Maybe they should go after Boston and Baxter? Highest paid players in QLD in 2020!

Pretty sure Rezlaff has been playing for unders for years, probably playing for next to nothing in 2021. Good clubman.

Maybe they should go after Boston and Baxter? Highest paid players in QLD in 2020!

Fan, whilst I'm sure that, despite your encyclopaedic knowledge of all clubs and all players in all comps, you're grossly over-estimating what Boston or Baxter got paid last year, hindsight does show that we didn't get great on-field value from either of them last year.

Having said that, both Boston and Baxter did a lot of valuable coaching work on and off the field with our younger guys and were popular with the boys, so signing them last year was definitely not disastrous in any way. When you're on the bottom of the ladder you have to take a few risks if you want to improve your list, so at least we had a go and we still had money left over.

As I've said to you before, given that you clearly believe that you could do a better job of running Grange than the incumbents just send me a message and we'll get you in for an interview. If you're as good as you think you are I'll pay you a retainer myself.

Last edited:

Re Retzlaff, if $700 a game is playing for unders then I’d like to get underpaid at Labrador anyday

Fan, whilst I'm sure that, despite your encyclopaedic knowledge of all clubs and all players in all comps, you're grossly over-estimating what Boston or Baxter got paid last year, hindsight does show that we didn't get great on-field value from either of them last year.

Having said that, both Boston and Baxter did a lot of valuable coaching work on and off the field with our younger guys and were popular with the boys, so signing them last year was definitely not disastrous in any way. When you're on the bottom of the ladder you have to take a few risks if you want to improve your list, so at least we had a go and we still had money left over.

As I've said to you before, given that you clearly believe that you could do a better job of running Grange than the incumbents just send me a message and we'll get you in for an interview. If you're as good as you think you are I'll pay you a retainer myself.

So you will deny Boston got $1000 a game and Baxter $700?

Ridiculous amounts of money for the above comments!

To be fair though Retzlaff probably deserves it. He has given a lot to the club since he has been there

Wouldnt agree with the other two as good as Boston is, 1k is way to much for any QAFL player

So you will deny Boston got $1000 a game and Baxter $700?

I know most footy clubs feel obligated to disclose the details of their confidential commercial arrangements to randoms on the internet, but this time I’m going to pass.

However, if you send me copies of your last three tax returns and latest bank statements I’ll reconsider.

Or, at least ask nicely next time.

Gee wizz we might be in trouble up
here if that’s the going rate for your so called guns.We r no where near that amount!
Thats all fine provided within points and salary cap.
What does everyone think about the abolishment of the mini draft and that QAFL clubs now have to foot the bill for players from VFL/NEAFL?

Match payment numbers on forums are always exaggerated.

With the current salary cap I’d be surprised if anybody is getting more than $250/$300 per game and I bet that’s about the number for retzlaff or maybe a little more, but not much.

as for Boston and Baxter I suspect they were the highest paid players in the comp last year (in a year where everyone was getting sweet f.a. they probably getting sweet f.a. + a little bit) but that doesn’t make it wrong. I know both were engaged in coaching activities at Grange and agree with judge when you are towards the bottom you have to have to take a bit of a punt.

And it will be interesting to see how the Free Agency of VFL players goes. QAFL clubs would be mad to pay any more than token match payments to guys who don’t train with you often and you only get if they don’t get a game.

it’s obviously good for the VFL players and the VFL clubs not so good for the QAFL clubs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know most footy clubs feel obligated to disclose the details of their confidential commercial arrangements to randoms on the internet, but this time I’m going to pass.

However, if you send me copies of your last three tax returns and latest bank statements I’ll reconsider.

Or, at least ask nicely next time.
[/QUOTE

Atleast your too honest to deny the truth

Ridiculous amounts of money for the above comments!

To be fair though Retzlaff probably deserves it. He has given a lot to the club since he has been there

Wouldnt agree with the other two as good as Boston is, 1k is way to much for any QAFL player

Yes but don’t forget it was only 8 games Cos of a reduced season due to COVID and they didn’t have to pay them for finals !

Match payment numbers on forums are always exaggerated.

With the current salary cap I’d be surprised if anybody is getting more than $250/$300 per game and I bet that’s about the number for retzlaff or maybe a little more, but not much.

as for Boston and Baxter I suspect they were the highest paid players in the comp last year (in a year where everyone was getting sweet f.a. they probably getting sweet f.a. + a little bit) but that doesn’t make it wrong. I know both were engaged in coaching activities at Grange and agree with judge when you are towards the bottom you have to have to take a bit of a punt.

JED Turner was on $1100 at Southport and he went to Broadbeach for $300 a game?
Get off the drugs dude , Retzlaff was on $700 and he hasn’t been the highest paid player there

Get off the drugs dude , Retzlaff was on $700 and he hasn’t been the highest paid player there

salary cap is 3k per game it’s all most clubs can afford anyway ( quite a few pay even less) do the math it’s not much per player divide by 22.

but yeah it’s fun to say this guy is on this and that guy is on that

Thats all fine provided within points and salary cap.
What does everyone think about the abolishment of the mini draft and that QAFL clubs now have to foot the bill for players from VFL/NEAFL?

Tough when you are working within a salary cap and you are guessing how many games certain blokes are going to play. Plus some clubs, irrespective of a cap, will be in a real tough predicament meeting payments for some of these guys I'd have thought. TBH I can't see AFLQ regulating the salary cap too well - they have one bloke organising the QAFL and QAFLW and Leigh H running all the QFA comps - major job I would have thought without thinking about whether a club is $1000 over the salary cap at years end. The points system keeps things fair.

salary cap is 3k per game it’s all most clubs can afford anyway ( quite a few pay even less) do the math it’s not much per player divide by 22.

Salary caps never get divided equally amongst the 22 players , clubs rely on half the team playing for the love of it so they can lure recruits by offering decent coin

Retzy was on something like that when he first came back prior to the change in salary cap and points etc..
He hasn’t taken 1 cent the last 2 seasons (2019 pre-covid and 2020).

Retzy was on something like that when he first came back prior to the change in salary cap and points etc..
Retzy as much as I hate Labrador LOL is a Great player and would be worth anything he gets paid
and a great guy to have a chat with later ...I wish there more more Players like him around....

Is t

Bull$hit

hey fellow posters ,, the season start is drawing near ,, so whilst we really dont have access to each clubs gains and losses its difficult to predict a season ending ladder,,, so at this early stage does anyone want a crack at the ladder come end of the home and away season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back