QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Gees. Hate to be dragged by the dick from Coops to Sherwood. Let alone Alex. No wonder you clowns don’t know north and south if you think they’re neighbours

Ok now that we have a idea of what clubs have lost and recruited does anyone want to do their ladder prediction, grand final participants and grand final winner ... will be interesting to see your opinions

Ok now that we have a idea of what clubs have lost and recruited does anyone want to do their ladder prediction, grand final participants and grand final winner ... will be interesting to see your opinions
I’ll give it a go Stuyd

Aspley
RVP
Grange
Labrador
PBC
Maroochydore
Broadbeach
Surfers
Noosa
Morningside
Sherwood
Mt Gravatt

Aspley Over Grange in the GF

Popped down to Graham Road last weekend to watch Sherwood vs Aspley - no sight of Jarad Marsh in the coaching box. Don't know his name but Sherwood have recruited a young lad with bleached hair - played the first half down back and looked uncomfortable, however when moved forward in the second looked absolutely dynamic in the few chances Sherwood had when going forward. Could have a player on their hands there.

tough hey, especially placing those top 8 clubs
Really think anywhere from 4-8 could interchange with each other, even Noosa could definitely ruffle some feathers this year with some good top end talent, the loss of some very good talent though has me a bit worried but Noosa always tend to recruit well and this off season seems no exception

Thought I'd jump in and give my prediction 👍

Aspley
PBC
Broadbeach
Maroochydore
RVP
Grange

Surfers
Labrador
Sherwood
Noosa
Morningside
Mt Gravatt

Really think anywhere from 4-8 could interchange with each other, even Noosa could definitely ruffle some feathers this year with some good top end talent, the loss of some very good talent though has me a bit worried but Noosa always tend to recruit well and this off season seems no exception
If the concern about the competitiveness of Mt Gravatt is warranted, it may well come down to whoever plays them twice. It could be a massive opportunity to not only win but build percentage.
Hopefully that isn't the case and Mt Gravatt can surprise a few.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all,

Been reading the forums for probably the last year and with my son being an umpire of the QAFL have grew quite fond of the league. With all the ladder predictions going around thought I would put mine out there

Aspley - Powerhouse, lost some key players but gain some talent as well, the benchmark

Broadbeach - Consistently good, recruited well, will challenge

RVP - Elite top end, lose a few but still a classy outfit

Grange - Push in finals last year was admirable, young side which with the added experience should blossom

PBC - Big names recruited to a solid side, depends how often they can have everyone firing

Surfers - Another team with some big names joining, will be around the mark

Maroochydore - Always a solid outfit, will be competitive

Sherwood - Whats a ladder prediction without a smokey, young side but have the list to compete, could shake it up

Labrador - Bring in some experience, definitely going to be pushing for finals

Morningside - Got a couple boys straight out of AFL/VFL, could definitely finish higher

Noosa - A few big outs, can’t see them finishing too much higher

Mt Gravatt - With their whole side leaving and coach could be a tough season, if Sherwood only win one game last year could be similar for them.

Hi all,

Been reading the forums for probably the last year and with my son being an umpire of the QAFL have grew quite fond of the league. With all the ladder predictions going around thought I would put mine out there

Aspley - Powerhouse, lost some key players but gain some talent as well, the benchmark

Broadbeach - Consistently good, recruited well, will challenge

RVP - Elite top end, lose a few but still a classy outfit

Grange - Push in finals last year was admirable, young side which with the added experience should blossom

PBC - Big names recruited to a solid side, depends how often they can have everyone firing

Surfers - Another team with some big names joining, will be around the mark

Maroochydore - Always a solid outfit, will be competitive

Sherwood - Whats a ladder prediction without a smokey, young side but have the list to compete, could shake it up

Labrador - Bring in some experience, definitely going to be pushing for finals

Morningside - Got a couple boys straight out of AFL/VFL, could definitely finish higher

Noosa - A few big outs, can’t see them finishing too much higher

Mt Gravatt - With their whole side leaving and coach could be a tough season, if Sherwood only win one game last year could be similar for them.
For a team that's just sacked their coach and finished last, what do you actually see in Sherwood? Genuinely curious 👍

For a team that's just sacked their coach and finished last, what do you actually see in Sherwood? Genuinely curious 👍
Called them a smokey for a reason, I just think with a new coach and a side full of young players, they could potentially ruffle some feathers and snag a few. But I do understand your doubts.

come on posters, submitt your ladder prediction in for the 2024 season.. Im doing a exercise on our predictions but I need more of you guys to participate please

If the concern about the competitiveness of Mt Gravatt is warranted, it may well come down to whoever plays them twice. It could be a massive opportunity to not only win but build percentage.
Hopefully that isn't the case and Mt Gravatt can surprise a few.
They will have a percentage of less then 30% by years end, which isn’t going to help and I reckon some teams will put 30 to 40 goals on them.

Redlands
ASPLEY
SURFERS
Palmy
BROADBEACH
Maroochy
GRANGE

Labrador
NOOSA
M/SIDE
SHERWOOD
MT GRAVATT

Really a big stab in dark. Don’t follow ins and outs closely enough but I do think webby will be a loss as coach for hornets.

Maroochy will be better based on happier group and some cherry picking recruiting and development of youngsters

Think the bottom 2 are prob settled
Noosa will be younger so dry tracks will help. Depends on Rich output too. Not working with lions anymore so possibly more games?

Gold Coast sides benefit enormously from Southport and Suns link. Will continue to do so and will be strong again

Aspley
Redlands
Labrador
Grange
PBC
Surfers
Broadbeach
Noosa
Roos
Panthers
Sherwood
Vultures

Extremely hard to predict this season.

Confident with the top 2. I think 3-9 could be a raffle. I shouldn’t discount morningside either. The bottom 2 I think will be accurate. Hope I’m wrong though

RVP
Aspley
Broadbeach
Surfers
PBC
Grange
morningside
Maroochydore
labrador
noosa
Sherwood
Mt Gravatt

Interesting comments about Sherwood and Mt Gravatt. Everyone has short memories from when Redlands were non competitive for years and Sherwood didn’t win a game 2 years running. Zillmere were kicked out of the comp in 2008 and just finished out of finals. Trust me scoreboard performance is irrelevant to QAFL management

Remove this Banner Ad

Back