QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Carrara would have the most transient playing list in SEQ, how many players have been at 3 -4 clubs in last 5-6 years. Culture
Wow that’s a big statement mate
Why don’t you come down for a beer and meet the blokes on and off field from our footy club and the culture at the Saints might surprise you before making a random comment like that
Lots of young blokes who have played juniors at the Saints and yes there are blokes who have played at other clubs
Sit down with the leadership group and see what’s going on
You have a captain who bleeds red white and black been at club for 5 years a vice captain who played all his juniors at the club and played seniors at a higher level who now has returned to club because he loves the place and you also have an 18 year old in leadership group who will be a future leader of our club
That’s the culture and future of club
It’s easy to call our playing group transient but older players have to come from somewhere and we welcome them to our club
We have a terriffic coaching staff and we are working hard off the field to support them
We lose players every year but we also get new ones every year that is footy and this year we are rebuilding our list but with players who want to be part of our club
Instead of poking holes picking s**t and being keyboard warriors and claiming to know what happens at our club I would like to invite all big footy supporters to come and join us for a beer on the balcony and enjoy our culture
Great food cold beers and good people
That’s what a footy club culture is about

Carrara would have the most transient playing list in SEQ, how many players have been at 3 -4 clubs in last 5-6 years. Culture

I wouldn't specifically say it's Carrara. A lot of teams in the southern part of the comp have had this in recent years. Carrara, Logan, Beenleigh, Robina, Moorooka, Park Ridge etc.

Wouldn't say it's an indictment on the club. Just the nature of footy in SEQ.

Cobra7 (Ron Hardy) and Fatboy (Mark Alderman) wasnt there a social media ban for carrara? breaking team rules... you guys are doing well, templar is a jet, must have been offered some good coin to leave his premiership team mates or wanted to remain a big fish in a small pond in div 3

Cobra7 (Ron Hardy) and Fatboy (Mark Alderman) wasnt there a social media ban for carrara? breaking team rules... you guys are doing well, templar is a jet, must have been offered some good coin to leave his premiership team mates or wanted to remain a big fish in a small pond in div 3
My name is Mark Alderson to clear that up

Yes all players stay off? Your point?

He’s named in Carraras line up for tomorrow. Throwing coin for sure!

Attachments

• 92E03075-7B50-4441-949F-8BAE84C1BCD7.jpeg
    92E03075-7B50-4441-949F-8BAE84C1BCD7.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 21
Wow that’s a big statement mate
Why don’t you come down for a beer and meet the blokes on and off field from our footy club and the culture at the Saints might surprise you before making a random comment like that
Lots of young blokes who have played juniors at the Saints and yes there are blokes who have played at other clubs
Sit down with the leadership group and see what’s going on
You have a captain who bleeds red white and black been at club for 5 years a vice captain who played all his juniors at the club and played seniors at a higher level who now has returned to club because he loves the place and you also have an 18 year old in leadership group who will be a future leader of our club
That’s the culture and future of club
It’s easy to call our playing group transient but older players have to come from somewhere and we welcome them to our club
We have a terriffic coaching staff and we are working hard off the field to support them
We lose players every year but we also get new ones every year that is footy and this year we are rebuilding our list but with players who want to be part of our club
Instead of poking holes picking s**t and being keyboard warriors and claiming to know what happens at our club I would like to invite all big footy supporters to come and join us for a beer on the balcony and enjoy our culture
Great food cold beers and good people
That’s what a footy club culture is about
Simply stating a fact, you have a few new recruits that have a track record of changing clubs yearly over several years. Take the coin and move on. I hope for the Saints benefit they stay a little longer for the sake of the loyal players at the club. 12 months is a long time in football

Loves to be the big fish in a small pond

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So is he playing tomorrow or not? Surely him training and you seeing him “with your own eyes” last night you would know?

100% playing today. Not hiding that fact, 16 new players from the side that played in the prelim last year. Completely new look outfit, no other choice when the 4 coaches have all left the club to test them selfs at a higher level and in turn as we know at this level guys follow there mates, from what I am told, 8 of the top 10 in the club best and fairest have moved on, including 140 odd goals from the 2 key forwards that left. Money is not all ways the driving factor in everyone's case. If Templar wants to be the big fish in a small pond we don't mind :)

Cracker Jack 5 btw - regarding the no big footy or social media, that was directed at the players, we also had a no dickhead policy and we executed that right on night 2 of pre season, but I'm sure your aware of that also.

Good luck for everyone playing today, good to have footy back.

My tips for the year.

Ipswich
Wynnum
Saints
Redcliffe

No particular order

Goal kicker

Kyle kp powe

League medal

McCoy for a third consecutive, guy is a ball magnet and plays the game on the right spirit.

JR If at ippy could go close but may have brick stealing enough to keep him out of it.

See you all in august for a review.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints must be cashed up, my spies tell me several low level legends are on the payroll. $300-$400 each
Huge coin for social footy

Spies are spot on denchy. Carrara president got 5 crocs with the kangaroo on big red pokie machine and using it to pay the big guns!

Anyway enough about that crap everyone knows reserves are who we should be talking about. Seniors are just there so the ressies have something to watch In between Flemington and Randwick while they smash cans and smoke darts. Reserves keep clubs cash coming in and without them clubs would be screwed.

So without further ado let’s get your tips for the reserves this year.

My tip is Carrara to finally break its hoodoo and claim some silverware now that they’ve got rid of that fat fullforward bloke and going with youth.

Rooster from Carrara to win the goal kicking. Rumour has it his been working on his 90metre torps from full back.

Redcliffe will be there abouts again. A club I love to hate. Only because they actually know how to properly stack and win reserves grand finals ha. No offence intended.

One last request for the league. Can you roster Carraras game at Ipswich to be on Ipswich cup weekend. At least make the drive worthwhile. No one should be made to drive out there just for a game of footy.

Good luck to all umpires today. Make sure everyone thanks them after their respective games. They do a great job.

Cheers blokes

100% playing today. Not hiding that fact, 16 new players from the side that played in the prelim last year. Completely new look outfit, no other choice when the 4 coaches have all left the club to test them selfs at a higher level and in turn as we know at this level guys follow there mates, from what I am told, 8 of the top 10 in the club best and fairest have moved on, including 140 odd goals from the 2 key forwards that left. Money is not all ways the driving factor in everyone's case. If Templar wants to be the big fish in a small pond we don't mind :)

Cracker Jack 5 btw - regarding the no big footy or social media, that was directed at the players, we also had a no dickhead policy and we executed that right on night 2 of pre season, but I'm sure your aware of that also.

Good luck for everyone playing today, good to have footy back.

My tips for the year.

Ipswich
Wynnum
Saints
Redcliffe

No particular order

Goal kicker

Kyle kp powe

League medal

McCoy for a third consecutive, guy is a ball magnet and plays the game on the right spirit.

JR If at ippy could go close but may have brick stealing enough to keep him out of it.

See you all in august for a review.
Money talks NP, Chicken legs kicked 10 today at a cost of $35 each. That’s roughly about 50% of his total goals in a season if he played 2nd Division based on previous experiences, good to see the big fish is making a slash in the small pond.

Spies are spot on denchy. Carrara president got 5 crocs with the kangaroo on big red pokie machine and using it to pay the big guns!

Anyway enough about that crap everyone knows reserves are who we should be talking about. Seniors are just there so the ressies have something to watch In between Flemington and Randwick while they smash cans and smoke darts. Reserves keep clubs cash coming in and without them clubs would be screwed.

So without further ado let’s get your tips for the reserves this year.

My tip is Carrara to finally break its hoodoo and claim some silverware now that they’ve got rid of that fat fullforward bloke and going with youth.

Rooster from Carrara to win the goal kicking. Rumour has it his been working on his 90metre torps from full back.

Redcliffe will be there abouts again. A club I love to hate. Only because they actually know how to properly stack and win reserves grand finals ha. No offence intended.

One last request for the league. Can you roster Carraras game at Ipswich to be on Ipswich cup weekend. At least make the drive worthwhile. No one should be made to drive out there just for a game of footy.

Good luck to all umpires today. Make sure everyone thanks them after their respective games. They do a great job.

Cheers blokes
Looks like Redcliffe and Kedron had no problems put a decent score on the board.
If your call on Carrara is right that's your top three called already.

What on earth is going on at Moorooka , surely the scores for both games aren't correct , can anyone explain .

Well done to plugger and the Wynnum boys downing the fancied eagles Can we get a report ?

Carrara didn't get it there our way early but kicked away in the end
Big Smash kicking 10 ,well done NP
On your first of many I think.

Redcliffe smashing the struggling
Swans .

What on earth is going on at Moorooka , surely the scores for both games aren't correct , can anyone explain .

Well done to plugger and the Wynnum boys downing the fancied eagles Can we get a report ?

Carrara didn't get it there our way early but kicked away in the end
Big Smash kicking 10 ,well done NP
On your first of many I think.

Redcliffe smashing the struggling
Swans .
From what I saw in the ressies its just a numbers issue at Moorooka.
Thier attitude and effort was unquestionable and played every quarter with enthusiasm.
Take the score out and they play for each other no doubt in my mind.
Good luck to them for the rest of the year.

Money talks NP, Chicken legs kicked 10 today at a cost of $35 each. That’s roughly about 50% of his total goals in a season if he played 2nd Division based on previous experiences, good to see the big fish is making a slash in the small pond.
No way, QAFL players don't get that sort of payment, why would they in the lowest division

No way, QAFL players don't get that sort of payment, why would they in the lowest division
There are a heap on players in div2 and 3 that are getting paid a hell of a lot more than QAFL players. Majority of QAFL club from what I’ve been told are around $100 a senior game with a few marquee players up around the $300 mark.

There are guys in div 2/3 on $350+! players will go where the money is, especially if they can’t train twice a week and don’t want the QAFL strict regiment.

Also need to remember mates follow mates and if someone calls them up and says I can get ya $200 a game at a div 3 club they will go if they are only getting $100 at a QAFL club.

There are a heap on players in div2 and 3 that are getting paid a hell of a lot more than QAFL players. Majority of QAFL club from what I’ve been told are around $100 a senior game with a few marquee players up around the $300 mark.

There are guys in div 2/3 on $350+! players will go where the money is, especially if they can’t train twice a week and don’t want the QAFL strict regiment.

Also need to remember mates follow mates and if someone calls them up and says I can get ya $200 a game at a div 3 club they will go if they are only getting $100 at a QAFL club.
double the money for half the work in a lower standard, that makes sense. The Candy man must be sponsoring the Saints

double the money for half the work in a lower standard, that makes sense. The Candy man must be sponsoring the Saints
Yeah at the end of the day if the club is willing to pay it then the players will take it. Loyalty and ambition go out the window once an AFL career is off the table.

Hopefully clubs don't fold or get set back as a result of spending what they can't afford. The SES and Rooster both won flags in the not too distant past, one gone and the other seriously struggling.
Didn’t the suns fold because some bloke ran off with all the cash?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back